Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fetters picks USC

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dOgmaster said:

Nope, its not a joke. 1st sophomore to win the outland trophy and he is highest rated lineman since 2014. Maybe you should read something not pro-husky.

If you really think an OT is going to be heisman votes you should check yourself in a physiatric ward for being delusional.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dOgmaster said:

Nope, its not a joke. 1st sophomore to win the outland trophy and he is highest rated lineman since 2014. Maybe you should read something not pro-husky.

If you really think an OT is going to be heisman votes you should check yourself in a physiatric ward for being delusional.
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman-1996.html

Orlando Pace in 1996 even got a New York invite.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dOgmaster said:

You seem like a good poaster, and I think you are just being pedantic, but this implied comparison of Sewell to Pace is absurd.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,870
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

That will be an especially hot take when USC loses by 30 week 1 against Bama

Doubt the game is going to happen. Clay will get another year by saving himself the embarrassment of the Sark plunger.
    I hope you're right. Clay Helton is the cheapest recruiter Oregon and Washington have on their staffs.
    You looked at this yrs rankings?
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    You can waste all the money you want. Most draft analysis have him as the #1 overall prospect, but most see him going 3rd overall because he is not a qb. Not playing this year would only make him more likely to hold that spot. I am not even sure why you are making those statements. You evidently are in the same mold as Jimmy, just a shit talker.

If you want to give me 30-1 odds I will pony up a $100. But doubt you could back that up. We can both meet up at the Dutchess to have a 3rd party hold the money. Tell me when.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Emoterman said:

animate said:

Emoterman said:

dOgmaster said:

Gentleman's wager, or HH terms, one bucket of bleach?
    Add a few free roundhouse kicks to the head at the local 7-11 oh your choice and that's HH.

But honestly, it's viable that Swell would potentially get Heisman consideration and votes

- Oregon hype train in full effect
    - Oregon trendy topic with the usual media pundits
    - Swell is probably a very high NFL pick barring injury

People here to don't want to acknowledge or admit it but Swell was a huge loss and also ended up being a big negative roadblock for future recruiting efforts.
    Between the uncertainty of there being a season, the vast array of outcomes for Sewell/Oregon/other confounding variables, and the audacity of the prediction (zero OL votes in the past 18 years, only 5 different OL have got a vote in the past 46 years), I feel pretty good with my side of the bet.

Or, well, feel free to infer that my rhetorical thrust was "PeNiS sWeLl iS tWaSh, BwO!" That's certainly a spicier take, and one that I'll wager on given the right odds. Book me at 30-1 that he gets drafted outside the 1st round, I've got 0.010795 ฿ on that right now.
    dang you ... don't make me want to convert that shit!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    Emoterman said:

dOgmaster said:

You seem like a good poaster, and I think you are just being pedantic, but this implied comparison of Sewell to Pace is absurd.
    Maybe, but you basically said thinking an OT is going to get Heisman votes is crazy. I'm just saying it has already happened. I didn't say Sewell will make it to New York, but I'm arguing that it is possible. Sewell is grading out as the greatest offensive tackle in the last 20 years.
  • Options

Emoterman said:

dOgmaster said:

Maybe, but you basically said thinking an OT is going to get Heisman votes is crazy. I'm just saying it has already happened. I didn't say Sewell will make it to New York, but I'm arguing that it is possible. Sewell is grading out as the greatest offensive tackle in the last 20 years.
    I actually said I think I have better than even odds that he doesn't, considering there likely won't even be a season on top of it being unlikely that ANY given player will get Heisman votes much less an OT. These other garboons are saying it's a fait accompli that Sewell will get votes, and I think THAT'S absurd.
  • Options
    dOgmaster said:

You can waste all the money you want. Most draft analysis have him as the #1 overall prospect, but most see him going 3rd overall because he is not a qb. Not playing this year would only make him more likely to hold that spot. I am not even sure why you are making those statements. You evidently are in the same mold as Jimmy, just a shit talker.

If you want to give me 30-1 odds I will pony up a $100. But doubt you could back that up. We can both meet up at the Dutchess to have a 3rd party hold the money. Tell me when.

What is the bet? I said if you want to give me 30-1 odds that he doesn't go in the first round of the 2021 NFL draft, meaning I put up $100 to your $3000, I'll do it right now.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,269
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've got 15 pages for the over under on this argument
  • Options
    CH0PwarlordCH0Pwarlord Member Posts: 224
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    USCs main thing it has going for it is Graham Harrel, he’s a bandaid slapped over Helton. Not a single prominent air raid coach has ever put together an elite offense + defense. Including Lincoln Riley who has 5 star defensive players crawling into his ass to play at Oklahoma. If USC manages to make the playoffs with quasi head coach Helton, I will wake up with my head sewn to the carpet.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

USCs main thing it has going for it is Graham Harrel, he’s a bandaid slapped over Helton. Not a single prominent air raid coach has ever put together an elite offense + defense. Including Lincoln Riley who has 5 star defensive players crawling into his ass to play at Oklahoma. If USC manages to make the playoffs with quasi head coach Helton, I will wake up with my head sewn to the carpet.

The 2000 sooner squad ran it and had an awesome defense and won a national title. But this is basically true over time.