Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fetters picks USC

USC wins the conference; an unlikely Heisman contender emerges at Oregon

I think USC will make the College Football Playoff and Clay Helton will keep his job. I also think Penei Sewell will become the offensive lineman with the highest number of Heisman Trophy votes since Miami's Bryant McKinnie in 2001. — Chris Fetters, Dawgman

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It’s possible if there’s no non-conference.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    USC makes playoff? What a fucking tard.

Helton keeps his job? In these covid times I think it's likely just because making changes will be difficult and money is always an issue with USC since lawsuits etc ...

Penis Swell gets a ton of Heisman votes? Fatters retarded pet squirrel could have predicted that. Jesus.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

That will be an especially hot take when USC loses by 30 week 1 against Bama

30 is being generous. To USC.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

30 is being generous. To USC.
    I didn't want to be a total dick
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    Swaye's Wigwam

USC wins the conference; an unlikely Heisman contender emerges at Oregon

I think USC will make the College Football Playoff and Clay Helton will keep his job. I also think Penei Sewell will become the offensive lineman with the highest number of Heisman Trophy votes since Miami's Bryant McKinnie in 2001. — Chris Fetters, Dawgman

When I read this, I hoped it meant he was going to start covering USC football. Him and Clay fat fingering keyboards on Call of Duty together would be outstanding
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doubt the game is going to happen. Clay will get another year by saving himself the embarrassment of the Sark plunger.
    I hope you're right. Clay Helton is the cheapest recruiter Oregon and Washington have on their staffs.
    We made serious money up to this year with Clay, but I fear The Great Man-tits of Eugene has it rolling now and with Lake stepping all over his own dick every day it is easy to see the stellar class Oregon is pulling. I feel like the last few years UW and Oregon pretty much split most of the good WC players and had really similar highly ranked classes to prove it. Now with us a clown show all the spoils are headed your way it appears.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

sark gonna be out for blood in that one.....if it happens......which it wont.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    animate said:

Penis Swell gets a ton of Heisman votes? Fatters retarded pet squirrel could have predicted that. Jesus.

Is this intended to suggest this prediction is laughably obvious, or laughably absurd? Because I'll bet anyone on here Sewell doesn't receive a single Heisman vote, if it's the former.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    Nope, its not a joke. 1st sophomore to win the outland trophy and he is highest rated lineman since 2014. Maybe you should read something not pro-husky.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,427
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

Nope, its not a joke. 1st sophomore to win the outland trophy and he is highest rated lineman since 2014. Maybe you should read something not pro-husky.

He won't get as many votes as Emptermann
  • Options
    dOgmaster said:

Gentleman's wager, or HH terms, one bucket of bleach?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Emoterman said:

dOgmaster said:

Add a few free roundhouse kicks to the head at the local 7-11 oh your choice and that's HH.

But honestly, it's viable that Swell would potentially get Heisman consideration and votes

- Oregon hype train in full effect
    - Oregon trendy topic with the usual media pundits
    - Swell is probably a very high NFL pick barring injury

People here to don't want to acknowledge or admit it but Swell was a huge loss and also ended up being a big negative roadblock for future recruiting efforts.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    animate said:

Emoterman said:

dOgmaster said:

Add a few free roundhouse kicks to the head at the local 7-11 oh your choice and that's HH.

But honestly, it's viable that Swell would potentially get Heisman consideration and votes

- Oregon hype train in full effect
    - Oregon trendy topic with the usual media pundits
    - Swell is probably a very high NFL pick barring injury

People here to don't want to acknowledge or admit it but Swell was a huge loss and also ended up being a big negative roadblock for future recruiting efforts.
    Between the uncertainty of there being a season, the vast array of outcomes for Sewell/Oregon/other confounding variables, and the audacity of the prediction (zero OL votes in the past 18 years, only 5 different OL have got a vote in the past 46 years), I feel pretty good with my side of the bet.

Or, well, feel free to infer that my rhetorical thrust was "PeNiS sWeLl iS tWaSh, BwO!" That's certainly a spicier take, and one that I'll wager on given the right odds. Book me at 30-1 that he gets drafted outside the 1st round, I've got 0.010795 ฿ on that right now.