Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Educate yourself

2»

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,042 Standard Supporter
    What is worse, is that IC and his ilk don't even care they are too stupid and proudly ignorant to know what it means.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

To be fair, his messaging is slightly better than "this will all go away." The actual mantra should be that they acknowledge COVID is still around and still a big deal but because of the administration's efforts in the first place, it is far more manageable. No 2018 quotes.
    What?

The 2018 quotes are the whole point but you know that

No telethon tote board or lockdown

Why?
    Because the 2018 quotes are another way of saying "it's just the flu" when it is not "just the flu," but you know that. Thanks to the tote boreds, there are millions of people who think it's the end of the world (it's not). Trump and such don't have to treat it that way, but they also don't have to pretend it's almost non-existent. This is why I like how Pence approaches it in his news conferences. Messaging from the top is why our "dementia addled retard" has a chance in November.

The 2018 quotes quite clearly say that 2020 has been bullshit and is bullshit

But you know that. Take it easy on the straw man dude.

We have flu strains every fucking year that kill tens of thousands. We have never shut down the country.

This is not a big deal for 99.8 percent of the 350 million Americans. A far larger percentage of the population died in 1969. We didn't shut down

The lockdown will end up fucking over millions of lives including death. Already started

You are in this simply to get the retard elected. Why try to deny it?
    The argument isn't whether or not COVID is a big deal, I agree there is a certain exaggeration to it, the reasons for which are also not a big deal. I suppose people appreciate Trump "telling it like it is" and not pandering like politicians do, but it's reactions like that which fuel the media to portray him as bungling this whole thing which could end up costing him re-election.
    How should Trump have dealt with COVID differently? Please be specific.
    Not sure, not a public health or viral immunology expert, but you wouldn't like the responses I give anyway so I don't think there's much point. Besides, I said the media portrays him as bungling the whole thing, I'm not saying that it was a comprehensive failure in the first place and that's not the argument. The issue is the defiant rhetoric he uses when he is criticized for the response. Does he literally think he did nothing wrong and everything right when ostensibly qualified professionals suggest otherwise? He'll never be humble, but humility might have helped him from the start of this and still could. He just doubles down as if nothing went wrong from the beginning which gives his opponents and mass media lots of material to use.
    So you don't know how he bungled it

Thank you
    It’s just not a hill I choose to die on when at the Tug since cognitive dissonance is the real pandemic we face around these parts.

But again though, he either clearly thinks he did everything right from the start and that medical professionals are wrong or he’s turning inward and not wanting to admit fault for fear of public perception. I say the latter. You could argue that he’d still be portrayed as a failed leader on this issue though, I could concede that point.
    Cognitive dissonance is believing a Trump rally spreads Covid while BLM protests of tens of thousands packed together and riots don’t. That’s your side, goofball. It takes a moron to believe one and not the other. You don’t even know what it means.
    I don't think anyone claimed the protests were conducive to the containment of COVID or reducing its spread. They happened to feel stronger about those social issues than public health, debate the merits of that if you'd like.

Is it my side though? I just watched Hamilton and despite Aaron Burr not standing for anything per Alexander, he's not the one who lost the duel.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

To be fair, his messaging is slightly better than "this will all go away." The actual mantra should be that they acknowledge COVID is still around and still a big deal but because of the administration's efforts in the first place, it is far more manageable. No 2018 quotes.
    What?

Why?
    Because the 2018 quotes are another way of saying "it's just the flu" when it is not "just the flu," but you know that. Thanks to the tote boreds, there are millions of people who think it's the end of the world (it's not). Trump and such don't have to treat it that way, but they also don't have to pretend it's almost non-existent. This is why I like how Pence approaches it in his news conferences. Messaging from the top is why our "dementia addled retard" has a chance in November.

We have flu strains every fucking year that kill tens of thousands. We have never shut down the country.

This is not a big deal for 99.8 percent of the 350 million Americans. A far larger percentage of the population died in 1969. We didn't shut down

The lockdown will end up fucking over millions of lives including death. Already started

The argument isn't whether or not COVID is a big deal, I agree there is a certain exaggeration to it, the reasons for which are also not a big deal. I suppose people appreciate Trump "telling it like it is" and not pandering like politicians do, but it's reactions like that which fuel the media to portray him as bungling this whole thing which could end up costing him re-election.
    Not sure, not a public health or viral immunology expert, but you wouldn't like the responses I give anyway so I don't think there's much point. Besides, I said the media portrays him as bungling the whole thing, I'm not saying that it was a comprehensive failure in the first place and that's not the argument. The issue is the defiant rhetoric he uses when he is criticized for the response. Does he literally think he did nothing wrong and everything right when ostensibly qualified professionals suggest otherwise? He'll never be humble, but humility might have helped him from the start of this and still could. He just doubles down as if nothing went wrong from the beginning which gives his opponents and mass media lots of material to use.
    So you don't know how he bungled it

Thank you
    It’s just not a hill I choose to die on when at the Tug since cognitive dissonance is the real pandemic we face around these parts.

But again though, he either clearly thinks he did everything right from the start and that medical professionals are wrong or he’s turning inward and not wanting to admit fault for fear of public perception. I say the latter. You could argue that he’d still be portrayed as a failed leader on this issue though, I could concede that point.
    Cognitive dissonance is believing a Trump rally spreads Covid while BLM protests of tens of thousands packed together and riots don’t. That’s your side, goofball. It takes a moron to believe one and not the other. You don’t even know what it means.
    I don't think anyone claimed the protests were conducive to the containment of COVID or reducing its spread. They happened to feel stronger about those social issues than public health, debate the merits of that if you'd like.

Is it my side though? I just watched Hamilton and despite Aaron Burr not standing for anything per Alexander, he's not the one who lost the duel.
    Maybe stick around and learn a few things. There are dozens of articles like these in “The Media.” They are so mind-numbingly stupid that you’d think they’re satire. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
    ————
    Why the Black Lives Matter Protests Didn’t Contribute to the COVID-19 Surge
    Written by Matt Berger on July 8, 2020 — Fact checked by Dana K. Cassell

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/black-lives-matter-protests-didnt-contribute-to-covid19-surge

Black Lives Matter protests have not led to a spike in coronavirus cases, research says

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/24/us/coronavirus-cases-protests-black-lives-matter-trnd/index.html
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,042 Standard Supporter
    There is that word, "feel". Maybe your side could go get educated and stop feeling and lying about it.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,303

They aren't stopping

Texas emergency doctor: State may need stadium-type venue to handle COVID-19 patients

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-emergency-doctor-may-need-stadium-handle-covid-patients

Video actually wasn’t too bad, basically things are ok but we will consider expanding capacity if it continues to grow. Unless the state data is wrong we have 10K people in Texas hospitals with covid. That can’t keep going up without problems.

What I find annoying is the countries/cities who “have it all figure out” got their asses handed to them in March and took their hit on deaths and cases to get to some herd immunity level. The parts of Europe opening up aren’t because they’ve figured out something special, they literally already let it burn through their population on accident in March/April.

There is that word, "feel". Maybe your side could go get educated and stop feeling and lying about it.

Again with this “side” stuff. I know it’s easier to make things so binary these days because it’s easier to combat “the other” when it sounds like they’re diametrically opposed to you. You’d be surprised how I’m probably in line with some of your values as well.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Again with this “side” stuff. I know it’s easier to make things so binary these days because it’s easier to combat “the other” when it sounds like they’re diametrically opposed to you. You’d be surprised how I’m probably in line with some of your values as well.
    You only show up to make half assed contrarian points, and usually abandon ship when met with counter points.

The other day you were toeing the "Trump is racist" line, I responded along with other with a bumch of Biden actual racism, and you responded with some weak shit "I dont have a pulse on the black community" non answer

So tell us Mello, what the fuck are your values?
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

You only show up to make half assed contrarian points, and usually abandon ship when met with counter points.

The other day you were toeing the "Trump is racist" line, I responded along with other with a bumch of Biden actual racism, and you responded with some weak shit "I dont have a pulse on the black community" non answer

I thought I was pretty clear on the racial tension issues and how neither candidates’ commentary really moves the needle for me. I could both criticize and defend both Biden and Trump when it comes to that issue. I don’t predicate my vote on that stuff.

Now if THAT isn’t a non answer, I don’t know what is.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I thought I was pretty clear on the racial tension issues and how neither candidates’ commentary really moves the needle for me. I could both criticize and defend both Biden and Trump when it comes to that issue. I don’t predicate my vote on that stuff.

You could criticize both. But youre partisan, so you toe the party line and criticize only one and shrug off the Biden stuff.

Hth

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

You could criticize both. But youre partisan, so you toe the party line and criticize only one and shrug off the Biden stuff.

Hth
    But I don’t and didn’t shrug off Biden’s comments on the racial jungle and “you ain’t black” stuff. Neither are good and don’t fit within his party’s alleged values.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Hth
    But I don’t and didn’t shrug off Biden’s comments on the racial jungle and “you ain’t black” stuff. Neither are good and don’t fit within his party’s alleged values.
    What are the Republican and Democrat party's alleged values
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Hth
    Democrats are the party of:

Slavery
    Confederacy
    Jim Crow/segregation
    Woodrow Wilson
    Filibustering Civil Rights
    Having a former KKK recruiter as Senate Majority Leader
    Running cities where blacks kill other blacks at an insane rate compared to other races
    Jailing more black people under Biden’s bill and Clinton’s signing it
    Gentrification/pricing inner-city blacks out of neighborhoods
    Allowing illegal immigrants to work for lower wages and with no protections or safety

On and on and on...

If we’re? tearing down statues and erasing things, how about abolishing the Democrat Party as a whole since racism and “systemic racism” were enabled and advanced by the Party of Hatred.

How any decent person wants to affiliate themself with that party and it’s centuries of racism and promote it is a mystery. Talk about Cognitive Dissonance. One of the most racist political parties in the history of the Western world, if not the most racist, and it still exists today.

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Hth

Slavery
    Confederacy
    Jim Crow/segregation
    Woodrow Wilson
    Running cities where blacks kill other blacks at an insane rate compared to other races
    Allowing illegal immigrants to work for lower wages and with no protections or safety

On and on and on...
    I agree with most of this but let's hear it from Mello

You also could've added a famous LBJ quote on the Democrat 100 year plan
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Hth

Slavery
    Confederacy
    Jim Crow/segregation
    Woodrow Wilson

On and on and on...
    I agree with most of this but let's hear it from Mello

You also could've added a famous LBJ quote on the Democrat 100 year plan
    I added a few more things and thought about that one as well.

The 2020 Dem candidate is on record saying he doesn’t want his kids to grow up in a “racial jungle” with the blacks is as on-brand as it gets with this party’s disgusting past with racism.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

This will be much like explaining systemic racism!