Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    They aren't stopping

Texas emergency doctor: State may need stadium-type venue to handle COVID-19 patients

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-emergency-doctor-may-need-stadium-handle-covid-patients
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    To be fair, his messaging is slightly better than "this will all go away." The actual mantra should be that they acknowledge COVID is still around and still a big deal but because of the administration's efforts in the first place, it is far more manageable. No 2018 quotes.
    MelloDawg said:

To be fair, his messaging is slightly better than "this will all go away." The actual mantra should be that they acknowledge COVID is still around and still a big deal but because of the administration's efforts in the first place, it is far more manageable. No 2018 quotes.
    What?

The 2018 quotes are the whole point but you know that

No telethon tote board or lockdown

Why?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,595 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Except COVID isn't a big deal.

HTH

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?
    Because the 2018 quotes are another way of saying "it's just the flu" when it is not "just the flu," but you know that. Thanks to the tote boreds, there are millions of people who think it's the end of the world (it's not). Trump and such don't have to treat it that way, but they also don't have to pretend it's almost non-existent. This is why I like how Pence approaches it in his news conferences. Messaging from the top is why our "dementia addled retard" has a chance in November.

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?
    Because the 2018 quotes are another way of saying "it's just the flu" when it is not "just the flu," but you know that. Thanks to the tote boreds, there are millions of people who think it's the end of the world (it's not). Trump and such don't have to treat it that way, but they also don't have to pretend it's almost non-existent. This is why I like how Pence approaches it in his news conferences. Messaging from the top is why our "dementia addled retard" has a chance in November.

The 2018 quotes quite clearly say that 2020 has been bullshit and is bullshit

But you know that. Take it easy on the straw man dude.

We have flu strains every fucking year that kill tens of thousands. We have never shut down the country.

This is not a big deal for 99.8 percent of the 350 million Americans. A far larger percentage of the population died in 1969. We didn't shut down

The lockdown will end up fucking over millions of lives including death. Already started

You are in this simply to get the retard elected. Why try to deny it?

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

We have flu strains every fucking year that kill tens of thousands. We have never shut down the country.

This is not a big deal for 99.8 percent of the 350 million Americans. A far larger percentage of the population died in 1969. We didn't shut down

The lockdown will end up fucking over millions of lives including death. Already started

The argument isn't whether or not COVID is a big deal, I agree there is a certain exaggeration to it, the reasons for which are also not a big deal. I suppose people appreciate Trump "telling it like it is" and not pandering like politicians do, but it's reactions like that which fuel the media to portray him as bungling this whole thing which could end up costing him re-election.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

The argument isn't whether or not COVID is a big deal, I agree there is a certain exaggeration to it, the reasons for which are also not a big deal. I suppose people appreciate Trump "telling it like it is" and not pandering like politicians do, but it's reactions like that which fuel the media to portray him as bungling this whole thing which could end up costing him re-election.
    How should Trump have dealt with COVID differently? Please be specific.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

I second the question

don't hide behind "the media". How did Trump bungle this

Why didn't he bungle it in 2018?

What's the difference?
    edited July 2020
    SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Not sure, not a public health or viral immunology expert, but you wouldn't like the responses I give anyway so I don't think there's much point. Besides, I said the media portrays him as bungling the whole thing, I'm not saying that it was a comprehensive failure in the first place and that's not the argument. The issue is the defiant rhetoric he uses when he is criticized for the response. Does he literally think he did nothing wrong and everything right when ostensibly qualified professionals suggest otherwise? He'll never be humble, but humility might have helped him from the start of this and still could. He just doubles down as if nothing went wrong from the beginning which gives his opponents and mass media lots of material to use.
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Not sure, not a public health or viral immunology expert, but you wouldn't like the responses I give anyway so I don't think there's much point. Besides, I said the media portrays him as bungling the whole thing, I'm not saying that it was a comprehensive failure in the first place and that's not the argument. The issue is the defiant rhetoric he uses when he is criticized for the response. Does he literally think he did nothing wrong and everything right when ostensibly qualified professionals suggest otherwise? He'll never be humble, but humility might have helped him from the start of this and still could. He just doubles down as if nothing went wrong from the beginning which gives his opponents and mass media lots of material to use.
    So you don't know how he bungled it

Thank you

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Thank you
    It’s just not a hill I choose to die on when at the Tug since cognitive dissonance is the real pandemic we face around these parts.

But again though, he either clearly thinks he did everything right from the start and that medical professionals are wrong or he’s turning inward and not wanting to admit fault for fear of public perception. I say the latter. You could argue that he’d still be portrayed as a failed leader on this issue though, I could concede that point.
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Pathetic
    edited July 2020
    SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Pathetic
    It’s not though. A primary issue for you is the American main stream media and how they cover the administration which is the crux of this issue.

Would they still hammer him regardless based on previous issues? Naturally. Could he avoid such intense persecution on this particular one with different messaging. I say yes.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,042 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Like almost all leftards, they base their assumptions on a wad of feelings and facts are not part of the process. Logic based decision making is anathema to these tools.
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Pathetic
    It’s not though. A primary issue for you is the American main stream media and how they cover the administration which is the crux of this issue.

Would they still hammer him regardless based on previous issues? Naturally. Could he avoid the persecution on this particular one with different messaging. I say yes.
    Hardly a primary issue for me but whatever. You criticize Trump's handling of COVID but when asked about what he should have done differently you punt. You're not a serious person.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Thank you
    It’s just not a hill I choose to die on when at the Tug since cognitive dissonance is the real pandemic we face around these parts.

But again though, he either clearly thinks he did everything right from the start and that medical professionals are wrong or he’s turning inward and not wanting to admit fault for fear of public perception. I say the latter. You could argue that he’d still be portrayed as a failed leader on this issue though, I could concede that point.
    I'm not interested in your dime store analysis of Trump which is as bad as ever

I am interested in how you think he bungled this and why it is different from 2018. But you already punted on that

Sad

edited July 2020
    SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

Pathetic

Would they still hammer him regardless based on previous issues? Naturally. Could he avoid the persecution on this particular one with different messaging. I say yes.
    Hardly a primary issue for me but whatever. You criticize Trump's handling of COVID but when asked about what he should have done differently you punt. You're not a serious person.
    I've only been here a handful of months, but you seem fairly passionate on the topic of the MSM and how they cover certain issues, but you're right, I could be wrong.

It's Trump's intransigence on the concept of COVID that's the issue here, not necessarily the merits of what he actually did. It would have caught any administration off guard, but he can't say "oops, we missed it the first time" unless he never thought it was a big deal from the start. Maybe he didn't.....but then we're back to discussing whether or not it was a big deal.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited July 2020
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Why?

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed it, but “The Media” actively works with Democrats with the sole purpose being to damage Trump and push liberal narratives.

3 years spent on a Russian conspiracy so far-fetched you couldn’t even make a movie out of it. Yes dummies, Trump the Retard and Putin somehow eluded the entire Obama DOJ and leadership, even while they were spying on the campaign, and managed to steal the election from Hillary. Stupid people actually believe this nonsense happened, even after the Steele Dossier was never verified at best, and was known to be bullshit at worst yet still used for a spying FISA warrant.

LOL at thinking “The Media” would give Trump credit. Cuomo was shipping infected people into nursing homes, they bodies were being stacked like cordwood, yet “The Media” did nothing but praise him. “That’s how you handle coronavirus etc. etc.” and “Cuomo for President” as he deliberately was sending people into homes to infect and kill the Olds.

Wake up.