Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You knew it was coming, Mayor of Atlanta blames Trump and racism for the shooting of 8 year old.

2»

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,042 Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

You’re talking to me as though you think that I’m defending democrats. Quite the opposite. I think that the idea of systemic racism, while it does exist, is overplayed in the US, and where it does exist, it does because of liberal policy.

But since you asked, Affirmative Action And Ethnic Quotas would be very reasonable examples of institutional systemic racism.

So, no hard examples of institutional racism affecting blacks. Thanks. After a couple of months of no examples, I rest my case.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,238 Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

You’re talking to me as though you think that I’m defending democrats. Quite the opposite. I think that the idea of systemic racism, while it does exist, is overplayed in the US, and where it does exist, it does because of liberal policy.

But since you asked, Affirmative Action And Ethnic Quotas would be very reasonable examples of institutional systemic racism.

So, no hard examples of institutional racism affecting blacks. Thanks. After a couple of months of no examples, I rest my case.
    You need to read White Fragility. Can’t think of any examples myself but I hear that book is peer reviewed.

Excel would error out the leftists peer reviews as a circular function. No cell rooted in an actual value.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

It's a general question for anyone to answer. I have yet to see an answer to. Wasn't singling you out really. Isn't it strange that something that is the cornerstone of the lefts march to communism can't be defined?
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,927 Swaye's Wigwam
    So a drunk passes out in the drive thru,resists arrests, steals a weapon and points/shoots it at cops as he's running away. His reward is the eternal dirt nap ,but his kids get scholarships to Clarke.
    The ATL mayor then fires the police chief and blames the cop. never once mentioning the actions of the criminal.
    Cops walk out and she says moral is low
    Armed protesters randomly fire into a parked car killing a third grader.
    But this is Trump's fault? Does this even remotely make sense?

Kemp is doing the right thing bringing in 1000 National guardsman. KLB trying to get the VP nod while Kemp wants peace in the streets.

How many more kids need to die before she looks at her constituents and sincerely says enough without then blaming an outside group? Atl leadership at it's finest- All of them grifting, taking donations as bribes, working with contracts that have conflicts of interest, all of them blaming pigment challenged folks for their woes. Did KLB blame Obama for deaths? Please, I know the answer to that one.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

If it's neither planned nor intentional, how can it be "systemic?" Systems are designed and comprised of people, along with all their baggage. Unless the system is comprised of enough racists to carry out racist policies, no system is racist and therefore, no "systemic racism."

It's a lot more than "overplayed." It's largely fabricated and theoretical vs. substantive. If there was any substance to it, examples would be easy to cite. Disparity in sentencing, in and of itself, is not racist unless you can demonstrate that the same factors in those sentencing decisions are given unequal weight by the courts.

Ever heard of an offender score? You won't hear it from those who decry the supposedly "disparate sentencing." But, then again, this comes from the crowd that believes there's an actual "school-to-prison pipeline" that they repeatedly discuss and condemn, but can never provide examples for.

it ain't about equality. It ain't about equity. It ain't about class or race.

It's all about Power. Once your eyes are open to that fact, it all makes perfect sense. HTH.