Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You knew it was coming, Mayor of Atlanta blames Trump and racism for the shooting of 8 year old.

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Cops shoot a black person and it's obviously on account of white racism and Trump. Blacks shoot other blacks and it's obviously on account of white racism and Trump.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,042 Standard Supporter
    I've asked for examples of systemic racism and haven't gotten one answer. Some American individuals are racist. And racist come in all colors. But institutionally? Leftards at Harvard will claim that on a per se basis Harvard is systemically racist against blacks. But really? You think that barry was systemically discriminated at Harvard? How is Atlanta systemically racist? The mayor and police chief are ardent dems and republicans have had no say in running Atlanta since reconstruction. You would think if the city government was racist that some dem would take care of it.
    edited July 2020

I've asked for examples of systemic racism and haven't gotten one answer. Some American individuals are racist. And racist come in all colors. But institutionally? Leftards at Harvard will claim that on a per se basis Harvard is systemically racist against blacks. But really? You think that barry was systemically discriminated at Harvard? How is Atlanta systemically racist? The mayor and police chief are ardent dems and republicans have had no say in running Atlanta since reconstruction. You would think if the city government was racist that some dem would take care of it.

The systemic racism in America doesn't allow them to do anything about the murders in their cities. The racist American society is truly to blame. But hey, vote for me and I will fix absolutely nothing.
  • BangaRangBangaRang Member Posts: 248
    What the fuc is she talking about? Isn't she the mayor?? So I guess the president is the defacto mayor of Atlanta and Borttoms is powerless to help her own city. Good god, what a worthless tool.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    As I was saying about Scapegoating earlier...

problem for the Democrats is at some point the chickens come home to roost. Blaming Trump for what is obviously a problem created by Democrats isn’t going to convince swing voters to vote for Biden.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    Trump is so divisive

Trump is so divisive

I heard Pelosi say that right after she accused Tim Scott and the GOP of trying to get away with the murder of George Floyd.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,238 Swaye's Wigwam
    Listen to the James Lindsay Joe Rogan podcast, this is right out of the playbook. Everything leading up to an actual event is culpable in the outcome, except what actually took place.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,845 Standard Supporter
    Yeah, no one was ever murdered in Atlanta or Chicago during Carter, Clinton and BO.

Surprised you guys didn't know that. Its only because of Trump.

Old Rham did a better job than Lightfoot and he was a white.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,927 Swaye's Wigwam
    Atlanta was the murder capitol of the US when Carter was Prez.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    The cops aren't policing. Why should they?
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    I think that there is some systemic racism inherent to various industries and institutions(lower ed, judicial) but, interestingly enough democrats seem to be more interested in calling minorities super predators and locking them up, or denying underserved kids open enrolment in public schools. Sounds like government can’t get shit right for minorities, when it matters.

Interestingly enough, Trump, boorish and stupid as he can be, was able to execute on both of those pieces, while delivering on both of those, as well as the highest employment rate for African Americans in forever.

I mean I can’t stand some of the Needless bullshit that Trump gets himself into. The guy commits more unforced errors than any other pres in history...but if I were a black man, and the head of a household trying to raise my kids right and make enough money to afford the things my family needed, I’d be stroking a vote for Trump in November.
    thechatch said:

I think that there is some systemic racism inherent to various industries and institutions(lower ed, judicial) but, interestingly enough democrats seem to be more interested in calling minorities super predators and locking them up, or denying underserved kids open enrolment in public schools. Sounds like government can’t get shit right for minorities, when it matters.

Interestingly enough, Trump, boorish and stupid as he can be, was able to execute on both of those pieces, while delivering on both of those, as well as the highest employment rate for African Americans in forever.

I mean I can’t stand some of the Needless bullshit that Trump gets himself into. The guy commits more unforced errors than any other pres in history...but if I were a black man, and the head of a household trying to raise my kids right and make enough money to afford the things my family needed, I’d be stroking a vote for Trump in November.

Examples of systemic racism please.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,238 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

thechatch said:

Santa and his slaves.
    No one seems to know exactly what this systemic racism is.
    Sledog said:

thechatch said:

I think that the way we sentence drug offenses is uneven, at best. There was a study that looked at bail for first time offenders and African Americans had a disproportionately higher burdens. I’d have to hunt for the study itself, but I’m sure it’s been referenced in plenty of articles. I think universal bail standards is something we can all pretty easily agree to.

I feel like jail and prison is for violent offenders, and non-violent offenders should be handled through community service initiatives. You got caught with an 8 ball of blow? We’re not going to lock you up so you can’t earn for your family, but you’re putting on an orange vest and cleaning up the city park in your neighborhood on weekends.
    thechatch said:

Sledog said:

thechatch said:

I think that the way we sentence drug offenses is uneven, at best. There was a study that looked at bail for first time offenders and African Americans had a disproportionately higher burdens. I’d have to hunt for the study itself, but I’m sure it’s been referenced in plenty of articles. I think universal bail standards is something we can all pretty easily agree to.

I feel like jail and prison is for violent offenders, and non-violent offenders should be handled through community service initiatives. You got caught with an 8 ball of blow? We’re not going to lock you up so you can’t earn for your family, but you’re putting on an orange vest and cleaning up the city park in your neighborhood on weekends.
    They don't lock anyone up until the 3rd offense usually and Trump just let all those long sentence folks go.

Oh and most of those lopsided sentencing laws came from dems. Didn't Slo Joe do one? Locked 'em all up. That stuff really isn't since it's not based on race but type of drug.

How is America systemically racist? Something real and current.
    You’re talking to me as though you think that I’m defending democrats. Quite the opposite. I think that the idea of systemic racism, while it does exist, is overplayed in the US, and where it does exist, it does because of liberal policy.

But since you asked, Affirmative Action And Ethnic Quotas would be very reasonable examples of institutional systemic racism.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,927 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

thechatch said:

Sledog said:

thechatch said:

They don't lock anyone up until the 3rd offense usually and Trump just let all those long sentence folks go.

Oh and most of those lopsided sentencing laws came from dems. Didn't Slo Joe do one? Locked 'em all up. That stuff really isn't since it's not based on race but type of drug.

How is America systemically racist? Something real and current.
    Prison reform introduced by Republicans and signed by Trump (Not that he will get credit for it) was designed to reduce recidivism in the prison system. Trump should lead off every press conference touting that fact until MSM begs for mercy.

I'd like to see the studies about first time offenders with bail set higher for AA. I have no reason to doubt it, but would like to see the difference in those with a public defender vs their own attorney. It may simply be more about who has the means to hire representation.

I have a good friend who is a CFO of a fortune 500 company. Oldest daughter has had her issues with authority beginning with driving 105 MPH on the interstate thru Atlanta. She was booked and spent the night as a guest of the county as an 18 year old. Dad lawyered up and found the arresting cop had a record of overdoing situations involving cute young blonds (which she most def is). She didn't get off scott free- but her punishment was severely reduced. Not sure If a public defender would have had those means.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,845 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:
    Yep and right afterward the Republican Gov said fuck that bitch, I am calling out the National Guard. We all know she is not going to do anything to stop the violence, shootings and death. Hence the National Guard. I am thankful someone is man enough to do what is right.