Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If you were Bill O'Brien...

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,298 Founders Club
    With the quick passing game and spreads the LT is less important these days
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

Left tackle is so important that Denver's went down for the season 12 weeks ago.

Someone obviously hasn't watched The Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock.
    Bet your ass I have. Sandy is in my wheelhouse, cause I'm old and shit.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Manziel reminds me of Joe Namath, who was the AFL's wild child when I was a kid. He partied his way to a Hall of Fame career, famously partying every night and screwing gorgeous women at will.

He was the first NFL media mega-star, and I can see bad boy Manziel following in the same role.

But this is a different era, and the controls now in place make a similar path difficult.

Manziel is head above the other QBs in this class and probably for some years. For his skills and his marketability, I would roll the dice on him. He is a heckuva lot of entertainment, on and off the field.
  • APAG, you are better than this.

The teams Okung plated against: Carolina, SF X2, Vikings, Saints, Giants, Cardinals and Rams.

Games he missed: Jacksonville, Houston, Indy, Tennessee, Cardinals, Rams, Bucs and Falcons.

4 playoff games in games he played vs 1 playoff game vs teams he sat out.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2014
    I think LT is an over valued position. The truth is, you need two good tackles, and while I understand protecting the blindside, it's also FS. Pressure on the QB is pressure on the QB. The whole OL needs to all be strong.

The Saints are a disaster at LT and are good, same with the Packers, but they still made the playoffs. The Bengals moved their LT to guard to get their running game going. Joe Thomas and Jake Long have never won anything in their careers despite being two of the best LT's in their career. It's an important position, but if I'm spending huge money, I'm getting a QB, DE/OLB, and shut down CB before a LT.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--left-tackle-in-the-nfl-is-gradually-become-a-less-valued-position.html

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/04/29/examining-pressure-are-left-tackles-overvalued/

• With the quick passing game and spreads the LT is less important these days

I never knew Sark was posting on this board.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    Dick_B said:

Left tackle is so important that Denver's went down for the season 12 weeks ago.

Someone obviously hasn't watched The Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock.
    Bet your ass I have. Sandy is in my wheelhouse, cause I'm old and shit.

Sandra in the Blind Side is boner in the sweatpants material. :x
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Draft Clowney

Take a quarterback or three in the later rounds.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

APAG, you are better than this.

The teams Okung plated against: Carolina, SF X2, Vikings, Saints, Giants, Cardinals and Rams.

Games he missed: Jacksonville, Houston, Indy, Tennessee, Cardinals, Rams, Bucs and Falcons.

4 playoff games in games he played vs 1 playoff game vs teams he sat out.

So with him they played worse against better competition. Is this your case for second most important position on the team?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Bortles already proved he was better than Bridgewater once this year.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,661
    Global said:

Manziel reminds me of Joe Namath, who was the AFL's wild child when I was a kid. He partied his way to a Hall of Fame career, famously partying every night and screwing gorgeous women at will.

He was the first NFL media mega-star, and I can see bad boy Manziel following in the same role.

But this is a different era, and the controls now in place make a similar path difficult.

Manziel is head above the other QBs in this class and probably for some years. For his skills and his marketability, I would roll the dice on him. He is a heckuva lot of entertainment, on and off the field.

Joe Namath is massively overrated.

I hope Jonny Football has higher aspirations than to be Mediocre Joe 2.0.

Marques Tuisasopo is better than Drew Brees!
    dnc said:

UW and Purdue had a massive difference in overall talent level.

UCF and Louisville, not so much.

dnc said:

Drew Brees could have won a Rose Bowel with Lambo's players?

dnc said:

dnc said:

Drew Brees could have won a Rose Bowel with Lambo's players?

Simple fact. Leading Purdue to the Rose Bowl is harder than leading WSU to the Rose Bowl.
  • I still don't understand how Purdue was favored in that 2001 Rose Bowl game. At the time that felt like the dumbest point spread ever.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I still don't understand how Purdue was favored in that 2001 Rose Bowl game. At the time that felt like the dumbest point spread ever.

How many were they favored by? What a joke, they had 3 losses before that game.

• I still don't understand how Purdue was favored in that 2001 Rose Bowl game. At the time that felt like the dumbest point spread ever.

How many were they favored by? What a joke, they had 3 losses before that game.

Granted UW didn't meet the "eye test" and at the time the Big 10 had won seven of the eight previous Rose Bowl meetings.

Plus the media fell for the "It's Tui vs Brees and Brees is better so Purdue will win" which even Vegas fell for. I believe Purdue was favored by 2 points.

What they forgot was UW had the better defense, better OL and better coach. Plus in college that year Brees was barely better than Tui. It's a lot closer at the time than people realized.

Remember both QB's were second round picks so it wasn't this huge gap like you would think looking back.