Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If you were Bill O'Brien...

Who would you choose at QB with the 1st pick? (If you'd take a QB with a high first rounder)

I think this is a crappy qb class. Maybe the worst in a decade. I'd take a offensive tackle or Clowney somehow. Does O'Brien want to mortgage his NFL coaching future on a punk like Manziel? I'd take him as the 1st qb, but he just might be the next Marinovich, so that could be risky based on character. Fags like McShay and Kiper like Taj Boyd, Bortles, Bridgewater etc...Are you kidding me? This is the biggest tub of shit for qb's I've ever seen, and the best one, Manziel, is a shrimp and a head case. (Kiper and McGay have to sell subscriptions for ESPN.com so they can't tell the truth. Back to the topic.

If I'm Bill O'brien I take the best lineman available and pass on this joke of a QB class. I'm NOT touching Manziel (his teammates will hate his punk ass) , even though he's tbe best qb in the draft. I'd consider Bridgewater with a high pick, but he has tiny shoulders and might get pounded at the next level, but he's extremely tough. He's the only qb I'd touch with a top 10 pick however. Tough call for Billy Boy.

What do you think More_cock, 12, orange wedge, some of you other football know -it -alls round here?? Let's talk football. What did you guys think of Deshon Hall's performance?

(Just in, Durant 37 and 14 in a losing effort vs Rip City. Both teams are peaking. What a killer rivalry that would be now if we didn't lose our Supes. Imagine a 27-5 sonic team and a 13-3 seahawk team. Without Sark we might just be playing in the rose bowl tomorra. How great would that be?

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I would take Bridgewater. I love Manziel but it's too risky.
    Bridgewater is clearly the #1 QB and you cannot win without one
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    edited January 2014
    Not your best effort.

The quarterback class just last year was way worse. EJ Manuel was first off the board and Geno Smith after that. Dreadful.

You always take a quarterback. The NFL is a quarterback league. You can make the playoffs with an Andy Dalton and you can get lucky and win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco but if you want to be a contender every year you have to have a great quarterback.

Not sure why you think Manziels teammates would hate him. You sound bitter and jealous. Tom Brady is complete prick and just wins and wins.

The Thunder without Russell Westbrook are not peaking and the shitty Blazers just lost two in a row to my Pellies and Races Lebronless Heat. You can PM me with any other questions. I have the NBA dialed in.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2014

Who would you choose at QB with the 1st pick? (If you'd take a QB with a high first rounder)

I think this is a crappy qb class. Maybe the worst in a decade. I'd take a offensive tackle or Clowney somehow. Does O'Brien want to mortgage his NFL coaching future on a punk like Manziel? I'd take him as the 1st qb, but he just might be the next Marinovich, so that could be risky based on character. Fags like McShay and Kiper like Taj Boyd, Bortles, Bridgewater etc...Are you kidding me? This is the biggest tub of shit for qb's I've ever seen, and the best one, Manziel, is a shrimp and a head case. (Kiper and McGay have to sell subscriptions for ESPN.com so they can't tell the truth. Back to the topic.

If I'm Bill O'brien I take the best lineman available and pass on this joke of a QB class. I'm NOT touching Manziel (his teammates will hate his punk ass) , even though he's tbe best qb in the draft. I'd consider Bridgewater with a high pick, but he has tiny shoulders and might get pounded at the next level, but he's extremely tough. He's the only qb I'd touch with a top 10 pick however. Tough call for Billy Boy.

What do you think More_cock, 12, orange wedge, some of you other football know -it -alls round here?? Let's talk football. What did you guys think of Deshon Hall's performance
    ?

(Just in, Durant 37 and 14 in a losing effort vs Rip City. Both teams are peaking. What a killer rivalry that would be now if we didn't lose our Supes. Imagine a 27-5 sonic team and a 13-3 seahawk team. Without Sark we might just be playing in the rose bowl tomorra. How great would that be?

This would have been a good post. I agree with most of your post though. The only QB's I like are Bridgewater and Manziel. If I'm the Texans I am picking one of those two, most likely Bridgewater. You don't pass up a franchise QB because they are hard to find.

and u saying this is the worst QB class in maybe a decade is laughable, it's bad but it's not even close to as bad as last years
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,661
    I'd take Bridgewater #1 without a problem. Manziel is high risk high reward. Kid could be a superstar or drink himself out of the league. I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but after about #14 I'd be ecstatic to get him.
  • Your last paragraph was probably your best post ever.

If I'm Texans I take Bridgewater and not think twice.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    dnc said:

I'd take Bridgewater #1 without a problem. Manziel is high risk high reward. Kid could be a superstar or drink himself out of the league. I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but after about #14 I'd be ecstatic to get him.

You don't draft Manziel to win ... you draft him to sell tickets and hope he wins.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Not your best effort.

The quarterback class just last year was way worse. EJ Manuel was first off the board and Geno Smith after that. Dreadful.

You always take a quarterback. The NFL is a quarterback league. You can make the playoffs with an Andy Dalton and you can get lucky and win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco but if you want to be a contender every year you have to have a great quarterback.

Not sure why you think Manziels teammates would hate him. You sound bitter and jealous. Tom Brady is complete prick and just wins and wins.

The Thunder without Russell Westbrook are not peaking and the shitty Blazers just lost two in a row to my Pellies and Races Lebronless Heat. You can PM me with any other questions. I have the NBA dialed in.

Not your best effort.

</blockquote

You always take a QB you ignant fuck? Yeah, Rick Mirer and fetters got a good laugh at this. You always take a LT if the qb's suck dumbass

topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

You don't draft Manziel to win ... you draft him to sell tickets and hope he wins.
    Drafting anyone to sell tickets is FS. Win and tickets take care of themselves.

Your last paragraph was probably your best post ever.

Bridgewater? From a shitty conference, untested and is a top 3 pick? What if Hundley declares, does that change your mind?
  • PLSS, I'd still take Bridgewater #1.

He's the best QB and best player in the draft.

It's always a risk but I think he's the pick to make.

Purplegold, I'm still waiting for you to post a topic instead of just responding to mine. I understand the allure but try returning the favor
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    two words: Trade Down

Your last paragraph was probably your best post ever.

Bridgewater? From a shitty conference, untested and is a top 3 pick? What if Hundley declares, does that change your mind?
    The starting QB's in the Super Bowel last year went to Delaware and Nevada.

Talent is talent.

Left tackle is so important that Denver's went down for the season 12 weeks ago.

Left tackle is so important that Denver's went down for the season 12 weeks ago.

both #1 seeds have left tackles who have missed significant time. I'm pretty sure Vollmer also went down for the season, so NE has missed their LT. The significance is starting to go into question
  • Left tackle is so important that Denver's went down for the season 12 weeks ago.

Don't go down this road even if you are obviously trolling PLSS.

LT is still a very important position and easily the 2nd most important position on offense if not the entire roster.

Big difference in Seattle between having Okung and not having him.

Anyways when dealing with the #1 pick I've always been a believer in best player available. Bridgewater is the best QB available and best player available.

Passing up on a franchise QB can kill you. The Rams for an example have a good roster but don't have a franchise QB, same goes for the Cardinals. If either franchise had a franchise QB they'd probably win the division.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,996 Founders Club

Someone obviously hasn't watched The Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock.
    edited January 2014

LT is still a very important position and easily the 2nd most important position on offense if not the entire roster.

Anyways when dealing with the #1 pick I've always been a believer in best player available. Bridgewater is the best QB available and best player available.

Passing up on a franchise QB can kill you. The Rams for an example have a good roster but don't have a franchise QB, same goes for the Cardinals. If either franchise had a franchise QB they'd probably win the division.
    that's one hell of a statement to make, u really think with a QB the rams and cards are better than SF and Seattle? The Rams will be but not yet, and I don't know if the cards would've been

Clowney is a 4-3 DE in my opinion so he doesn't fit on their roster. They have 2 good WR's already so no on Watkins, and they have Brown so no on Matthews. Bridgewater will go #1. then the rams will trade down.
    I think Bridgewater ends up in Houston
    Clowney to whoever the rams trade with
    Manziel in CLE
    Matthews in ATL
    Bortles in JAX
    Barr in OAK

That big difference amounts to 6-2 in games Okung started and 7-1 in games he didn't play and 24 points per game he started and 28 per game he didn't play. So yeah, huge difference.