Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I5 protesters in Seattle...somewhat disturbing video

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Interesting no one has mentioned that section of I-5 was closed specifically for the protest and the driver blew right through it.

Stupid to protest on the freeway? Maybe, but it’s not like it wasn’t organized and sectioned off.

No one issues protest permits on an interstate highway.

If they did there would have been NHTSA approved closure and detour.

Mommas boys parking their car on the freeway doesn't count.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    How does an entire generation miss the lesson of "Don't play in Traffic?"

Gents: A couple generations of young people are destined for early deaths. From stupidity.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Simple solution. Arrest protesters who attempt to gain access to I5. This has been going on every night. Start arresting them and it will stop.

This assumes they aren't let go 12 hours later
    It still helps. They didn’t do anything so bad that they should sit weeks in jail either. I hate most of them myself, but protesting in the wrong spot isn’t a serious crime.

Simple solution. Arrest protesters who attempt to gain access to I5. This has been going on every night. Start arresting them and it will stop.

It still helps. They didn’t do anything so bad that they should sit weeks in jail either. I hate most of them myself, but protesting in the wrong spot isn’t a serious crime.
    This is a crime of stupidity and they paid three price.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,255
    Looks like one died they say he drove past a car blocking it. Interesting
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

If there's no deterrent, then there's nothing to stop freeways being blocked every day and interfering with people's lives and the economy. It also contributes to the sense of Seattle being out of control, which further damages business, tourism, etc.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

Interesting no one has mentioned that section of I-5 was closed specifically for the protest and the driver blew right through it.

Stupid to protest on the freeway? Maybe, but it’s not like it wasn’t organized and sectioned off.

That's a federal highway. Who closed it?

Go play on the freeway isnt an instructional
    https://apnews.com/ff3c4fb3a627d694b5d888dcd48c89b0

The Washington State Patrol. How do you think freeways generally are closed? Driver also went the wrong way in order to reach the protestors. I haven’t seen an article about this that didn’t state the freeway section for those protests was closed.

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Okay now you're trolling
    In tone, perhaps. I should moderate it better so as not to lose what shreds of respect I have left from Tug loyalists
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Finally found the WA residents who are dumber than Rachel Corrie.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

The Washington State Patrol. How do you think freeways generally are closed? Driver also went the wrong way in order to reach the protestors. I haven’t seen an article about this that didn’t state the freeway section for those protests was closed.

The media is playing with it that's why. Was the race of the suspect mentioned up until now? If they can let people decide for themselves one side see's a hate crime perpetrated against BLM.

The other side see assholes on both sides.

Stir the pot.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

After the protesters entered the freeway

Kind of a key point but still