Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I5 protesters in Seattle...somewhat disturbing video

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488

Sad for the people who got hit, but maybe the police could protect people and let the city and national highway run properly by not letting protestors use the freeway for protests.

Kind of like mom telling their kids not to run with scissors.

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,239 Swaye's Wigwam

Statistical speaking , standing in a freeway is pretty dangerous

Not Lake of the Ozarks dangerous, but pretty dangerous. What’s even more dangerous is standing in the only lane that isn’t blocked by the perpendicular cars.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,595 Standard Supporter
    Where the FUCK is the Washington State Patrol? Why are there cars parked on I-5 to begin with?

Does Chinslee have a stand-down order on them?

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,239 Swaye's Wigwam

Where the FUCK is the Washington State Patrol? Why are there cars parked on I-5 to begin with?

Does Chinslee have a stand-down order on them?

Or you just have a bunch of cops that don’t feel like getting out of their cars for fear of incident.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Simple solution. Arrest protesters who attempt to gain access to I5. This has been going on every night. Start arresting them and it will stop.

This assumes they aren't let go 12 hours later
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Statistical speaking , standing in a freeway is pretty dangerous

It's what they like to do
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,255
    Playing this on a loop lol play stupid games and this is what you get. Did they live?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

FYI the car is in a clear lane of traffic and those idoits are pedestrians in a freeway. Pedestrians are not allowed on freeways for exactly this reason. Driver will only be convicted of fleeing the scene, maybe. Given the violence that would have likely ensued i seriously doubt that either. Any rational juror would not want to get beaten/shot in their car and they've seen enough incidents to render a "fuck you commies" verdict. Of course your jury pool may be questionable!

It also depends on whether or not the driver pulled away and then called 911. If he did that and told the cops, I'm located here but I was afraid to go back, I'll wait for you etc., he might not get charged at all.
    I don't even know why they arrested the driver. People walking on freeways are routinely run over and no charges filed. Happens all the tim.

That is why pedestrians are illegal on a freeway. Drivers are not looking for pedestrians.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    Interesting no one has mentioned that section of I-5 was closed specifically for the protest and the driver blew right through it.

Stupid to protest on the freeway? Maybe, but it’s not like it wasn’t organized and sectioned off.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Interesting no one has mentioned that section of I-5 was closed specifically for the protest and the driver blew right through it.

Stupid to protest on the freeway? Maybe, but it’s not like it wasn’t organized and sectioned off.

That's a federal highway. Who closed it?

Go play on the freeway isnt an instructional
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    edited July 2020
    I’m with the driver and would love to be on that jury.

Clearly not a hit and run.
    MelloDawg said:

Okay now you're trolling
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    MelloDawg said:

You make it sound as if they filled out a freeway closure request form and got it approved by the city/state. But per Komo: A preliminary investigation found that state troopers had closed the northbound and southbound lanes of I-5 at around midnight Friday after protesters entered the freeway from the ramp at Yale Street for the 19th consecutive night.

Organized only so much as the city/state isn’t doing fuckall to prevent a bunch of idiots from walking out on the freeway and shutting it down 20 nights in a row.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,303
    I’m AGAINST people dying, I’m FOR common sense car laws