Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Masks are for show?

2»

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

UC San Francisco - one of the, if not the, top Med school in the US, says otherwise.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

So that's a tippy top medical school (which also addressed the CDC flip/flop). And the Mayo Clinic.

Real medical insight 2; Tug 0.

Sorry guys. You've flipped me on a number of matters, but I can't go with you on this one. I'd have to be convinced that the Mayo Clinic, UCSF, probably UW Med and the other big name medical schools, and Pence, are all in on the hoax, and the Tug experts have somehow figured it out.

I'm sorry, but that would take an Alex Jones-type leap of faith. I like vitamins, but come on.
    And it makes some layman's sense. That someone could still get the Corona Crud doesn't mean the mask isn't incrementally helpful. That logic doesn't track.

I've know a few people who were almost taken out by this thing. The neighbor I mentioned a few months ago almost bit the shit. Saw him walking with this wife the other day; he looked like the walking dead. First time in almost 3.5 months he's seen the light of day. He'll also likely need a kidney transplant. Guy is in his early 50s and looks 80. Something did it.

I want to open up as badly as anyone. But I'm good exercising some caution while we do it.

Crucify me if you must. If Racebannon and Mike Damone can't intimidate me, nobody else is gonna. Come at me bro.

I'm not in many settings where it would do me a bit of good. Even shopping or eating out has more social distancing than protesting and all the medical folk say protesting doesn't spread it.

I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer after being somewhere and before going to the next stop.

I wear a mask at COSTCO bu will admit I'm not shopping there as much because I don't like it (and every one isn't wearing them properly anyway).
    I agree Sleddy. I don't like them. They fog up my fucking glasses and I haven't been able to figure that one out. And I carry sanitizer in my car and use it. In other words, I'm not standing on my head to deal with it, but I'm also doing simple shit that's easy to do. But like you, given a choice, I'd rather not wear a mask and now that I'll never do anything for a living that requires wearing one most of the day.

I don't think most medical people actually believe protesting is a big exception to the rule of spreading the virus. I think most if not all of them see it as a problem.

You're in Idaho. I might be there someday myself because I'm about as fond of people as are you. I wear it at Costco. Just got back. Spend about $600 so that I don't have to go back again for a long tim.
    Actually the WHO just did today or yesterday and there was some 1200 doc's signing a letter saying protesting is more important. Many the list is long. Including the dems, all of them.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

UC San Francisco - one of the, if not the, top Med school in the US, says otherwise.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

So that's a tippy top medical school (which also addressed the CDC flip/flop). And the Mayo Clinic.

Sorry guys. You've flipped me on a number of matters, but I can't go with you on this one. I'd have to be convinced that the Mayo Clinic, UCSF, probably UW Med and the other big name medical schools, and Pence, are all in on the hoax, and the Tug experts have somehow figured it out.

I'm sorry, but that would take an Alex Jones-type leap of faith. I like vitamins, but come on.
    And it makes some layman's sense. That someone could still get the Corona Crud doesn't mean the mask isn't incrementally helpful. That logic doesn't track.

I've know a few people who were almost taken out by this thing. The neighbor I mentioned a few months ago almost bit the shit. Saw him walking with this wife the other day; he looked like the walking dead. First time in almost 3.5 months he's seen the light of day. He'll also likely need a kidney transplant. Guy is in his early 50s and looks 80. Something did it.

I want to open up as badly as anyone. But I'm good exercising some caution while we do it.

Crucify me if you must. If Racebannon and Mike Damone can't intimidate me, nobody else is gonna. Come at me bro.

I'm not in many settings where it would do me a bit of good. Even shopping or eating out has more social distancing than protesting and all the medical folk say protesting doesn't spread it.

I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer after being somewhere and before going to the next stop.

I wear a mask at COSTCO bu will admit I'm not shopping there as much because I don't like it (and every one isn't wearing them properly anyway).
    I agree Sleddy. I don't like them. They fog up my fucking glasses and I haven't been able to figure that one out. And I carry sanitizer in my car and use it. In other words, I'm not standing on my head to deal with it, but I'm also doing simple shit that's easy to do. But like you, given a choice, I'd rather not wear a mask and now that I'll never do anything for a living that requires wearing one most of the day.

I don't think most medical people actually believe protesting is a big exception to the rule of spreading the virus. I think most if not all of them see it as a problem.

You're in Idaho. I might be there someday myself because I'm about as fond of people as are you. I wear it at Costco. Just got back. Spend about $600 so that I don't have to go back again for a long tim.
    Actually the WHO just did today or yesterday and there was some 1200 doc's signing a letter saying protesting is more important. Many the list is long. Including the dems, all of them.
    Yeah, saying protesting is more important. Not that it won't spread a virus. And those making that claim are FS.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Yeah, saying protesting is more important. Not that it won't spread a virus. And those making that claim are FS.
    Wait are you telling me that my left leaning media has been lying to me about the riots not spreading the COVID? 😱 my world will never be the same