Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Masks are for show?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    here is the CDC study

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

just go to the face mask sections
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    I watched 5 minutes of Chinslee today - should the ASL guy be wearing a mask and gloves?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    LebamDawg said:

here is the CDC study

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

just go to the face mask sections

It's not the flu!!!1!1.1!!1
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter
    I haven't seen one tight mask in public. Often with the nose exposed so the wearer can breath easily. It's all virtue signaling. If you aren't coughing or sneezing you obviously don't need a mask. If you are, stay home. If you are the dazzler or feel threatened by going out in public, then don't. You can see what a tight N95 mask wearer will look like at the end of shift.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

I haven't seen one tight mask in public. Often with the nose exposed so the wearer can breath easily. It's all virtue signaling. If you aren't coughing or sneezing you obviously don't need a mask. If you are, stay home. If you are the dazzler or feel threatened by going out in public, then don't. You can see what a tight N95 mask wearer will look like at the end of shift.

If the taking point that masks are to be worn to protect others, the n95 and other respirators are super selfish because the don't filter out going air. The only are made to protect the wearer from the incoming crud. Outgoing is free flowing.
    Selfish or facist?
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Ventilators were for show, too. Cuomo whined for a month about them and they may actually harm patients.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

If the taking point that masks are to be worn to protect others, the n95 and other respirators are super selfish because the don't filter out going air. The only are made to protect the wearer from the incoming crud. Outgoing is free flowing.
    Selfish or facist?
    Dems
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter

Ventilators were for show, too. Cuomo whined for a month about them and they may actually harm patients.

And ended up using very few. Like the hospital ship.
    Emergency hospital built and it received 0 patients. Hospital ship got 20 patients. Scamdemic continues since riots aren't going well.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sledog said:

And ended up using very few. Like the hospital ship.
    Emergency hospital built and it received 0 patients. Hospital ship got 20 patients. Scamdemic continues since riots aren't going well.
    I’m hearing they will be full in 18 days. Maybe 36.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    edited July 2020
    UC San Francisco - one of the, if not the, top Med school in the US, says otherwise.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

So that's a tippy top medical school (which also addressed the CDC flip/flop). And the Mayo Clinic.

Real medical insight 2; Tug 0.

Sorry guys. You've flipped me on a number of matters, but I can't go with you on this one. I'd have to be convinced that the Mayo Clinic, UCSF, probably UW Med and the other big name medical schools, and Pence, are all in on the hoax, and the Tug experts have somehow figured it out.

I'm sorry, but that would take an Alex Jones-type leap of faith. I like vitamins, but come on.
    And it makes some layman's sense. That someone could still get the Corona Crud doesn't mean the mask isn't incrementally helpful. That logic doesn't track.

I've know a few people who were almost taken out by this thing. The neighbor I mentioned a few months ago almost bit the shit. Saw him walking with this wife the other day; he looked like the walking dead. First time in almost 3.5 months he's seen the light of day. He'll also likely need a kidney transplant. Guy is in his early 50s and looks 80. Something did it.

I want to open up as badly as anyone. But I'm good exercising some caution while we do it.

Crucify me if you must. If Racebannon and Mike Damone can't intimidate me, nobody else is gonna. Come at me bro.
    edited July 2020

UC San Francisco - one of the, if not the, top Med school in the US, says otherwise.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

So that's a tippy top medical school (which also addressed the CDC flip/flop). And the Mayo Clinic.

Sorry guys. You've flipped me on a number of matters, but I can't go with you on this one. I'd have to be convinced that the Mayo Clinic, UCSF, probably UW Med and the other big name medical schools, and Pence, are all in on the hoax, and the Tug experts have somehow figured it out.

I'm sorry, but that would take an Alex Jones-type leap of faith. I like vitamins, but come on.
    And it makes some layman's sense. That someone could still get the Corona Crud doesn't mean the mask isn't incrementally helpful. That logic doesn't track.

I've know a few people who were almost taken out by this thing. The neighbor I mentioned a few months ago almost bit the shit. Saw him walking with this wife the other day; he looked like the walking dead. First time in almost 3.5 months he's seen the light of day. He'll also likely need a kidney transplant. Guy is in his early 50s and looks 80. Something did it.

I want to open up as badly as anyone. But I'm good exercising some caution while we do it.

Crucify me if you must. If Racebannon and Mike Damone can't intimidate me, nobody else is gonna. Come at me bro.

Sounds grim. Better shut down the entire economy again for months because some guy who saw someone walking a dog looked sick a few days later. Science

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Crepes some of us must die, but the economy must go on

Sounds grim. Better shut down the entire economy again for months because some guy who saw someone walking a dog looked sick a few days later. Science

Sounds like you didn't read what I wrote. Sad.
    edited July 2020

I did. You referenced Alex Jones twice today. I’ve never listened to that guy. This is an overreaction leading to either a planned or unplanned disastrous result for tens of millions.

Whether that’s worth it for a bug that kills old people isn’t up to me, but it’s not worth it.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I don’t wear a mask because I want to watch the world burn.

I did. You referenced Alex Jones twice today. I’ve never listened to that guy. This is an overreaction leading to either a planned or unplanned disastrous result for tens of millions.

Whether that’s worth it for a bug that kills old people isn’t up to me, but it’s not worth it.
    I think your take is an overreaction to an overreaction. I'll do this in bullet points:

- I don't think the virus is a hoax, and I think it does more damage unpredictably to more than just old people. That was the point of my neighbor and a half-dozen other people I know well who've been fucked up by it ... or by something. All under 60, most well under 60. They're not dead but they are fucked up. We? don't know that much about it because it's new.

- I agree shutting the world down beyond a few weeks was a mistake. We needed some time to allow major healthcare centers to catch up and for everyone else to sort out a few common sense approaches to logistics so as to not make it worse and then move on with life.

- Masks don't solve the problem, but they are an incremental help according to credible sources. If the good people at UCF tell you that you have cancer, you're not going to not believe them unless you're stupid. And they're telling you. I'd rather wear them where it makes sense and open up the economy than not wear them and start this shit over again. I can handle a mask. I can't handle nobody being able to buy my company's products.

- I've been on team open up the economy from day one. I'm a founding member.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter

I'm not in many settings where it would do me a bit of good. Even shopping or eating out has more social distancing than protesting and all the medical folk say protesting doesn't spread it.

I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer after being somewhere and before going to the next stop.

I wear a mask at COSTCO bu will admit I'm not shopping there as much because I don't like it (and every one isn't wearing them properly anyway).
    Sledog said:

I'm not in many settings where it would do me a bit of good. Even shopping or eating out has more social distancing than protesting and all the medical folk say protesting doesn't spread it.

I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer after being somewhere and before going to the next stop.

I wear a mask at COSTCO bu will admit I'm not shopping there as much because I don't like it (and every one isn't wearing them properly anyway).
    I agree Sleddy. I don't like them. They fog up my fucking glasses and I haven't been able to figure that one out. And I carry sanitizer in my car and use it. In other words, I'm not standing on my head to deal with it, but I'm also doing simple shit that's easy to do. But like you, given a choice, I'd rather not wear a mask and now that I'll never do anything for a living that requires wearing one most of the day.

I don't think most medical people actually believe protesting is a big exception to the rule of spreading the virus. I think most if not all of them see it as a problem.

You're in Idaho. I might be there someday myself because I'm about as fond of people as are you. I wear it at Costco. Just got back. Spend about $600 so that I don't have to go back again for a long tim.