Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dr. Anthony Fauci: U.S. coronavirus outbreak could top 100,000 new cases a day

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

I miss America

People now classify themselves as tough if they choose to not wear a mask.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s the same dumb motherfuckers that get DUI’s because they don’t want to take an Uber

Try to keep up

Or get back under your bed
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited July 2020
    The CDC reports an IFR .26%

During the peak daily fatality: ~2000 deaths/day

That would equate to over 700,000 new actual infections/day (+lag)

Napkin work shown:

Infections * IFR = Fatalities

X * .26% = 2,000

X = 2,000 / .0026

X = 769,000 new infections/day

In order to imply less than 100K new cases per day in the US the daily fatality would need to be below ~260 deaths per day. Its currently well above 500 deaths/day. Its been months since deaths/day was below 260.

Fauci should know that the US has likely far exceeded some 100k new cases threshold months ago and has been likely consistently above that threshold for months.... I dont get how Fauci is acting like 100K would be a meaningful threshold.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

MelloDawg said:

NOC

Grim.

That said, I agree. At this point, either you think it's a big deal and structure your life accordingly or you do not. People partying aren't suddenly going to stop and people who wash their groceries aren't suddenly going to stop.

And the member of the Light Brigade who poast here needs to walk their talk, because most people aren't just going to act like everything's normal.
    That must be why I am sitting in traffic jams again to get places. And why the restaurants were packed at the beach when we were there two weeks ago

If you want to be a pussy then be a pussy. The country needs to get going again
    I hope the second shut down is coming. But honestly, I'm convinced just letting you suffer the consequences might be better. Liberty!
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

I miss America

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s the same dumb motherfuckers that get DUI’s because they don’t want to take an Uber

Try to keep up

So I’m wrong? I don’t think I am
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

I miss America

Try to keep up

So I’m wrong? I don’t think I am
    It's not about masks anymore. And I don't think you are right but we can disagree
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    HuskyJW said:

I miss America

dumb take, even by my standards
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,303
    Cases also exploding in Sweden over the last month

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    Stats r hard n tuff! And racis

- the left
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,531 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

MelloDawg said:

NOC

Grim.

That said, I agree. At this point, either you think it's a big deal and structure your life accordingly or you do not. People partying aren't suddenly going to stop and people who wash their groceries aren't suddenly going to stop.

And the member of the Light Brigade who poast here needs to walk their talk, because most people aren't just going to act like everything's normal.
    That must be why I am sitting in traffic jams again to get places. And why the restaurants were packed at the beach when we were there two weeks ago

If you want to be a pussy then be a pussy. The country needs to get going again
    I think it's why the second shut down is coming. But honestly, I'm convinced just letting you suffer the consequences might be better. Liberty!
    second wave is coming because it's the script

and I voted donkey a lot in the 2010s, but anyone paying attention with all this extra time can see this nonsense in plain site