Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mount Rushmore a symbol of white supremacy says the DNC

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

A carved sculpture made by a Ku Klux Klan member, on indigenous land that was brutally taken away despite a treaty, featuring the faces of two Presidents who owned other people, including one that raped his wife's half sister because she was chattel, is being viewed as a symbol of white supremacy? FUCKING SHOCKING.

Blow that shit up. If Borglum wasn't a Klansmen I'd say keep Lincoln, but it's time to blow it up and re-do it.

If we want to go there, the Democrat Party had a former recruiter for the KKK as Senate Majority leader as recently as 1989 and the founders of the Democrats all held slaves. Abolish the entire party if we’re going to get busy here. Disband it as a racist organization founded on White Supremacy. A disgusting racist past and many Democrats even filibustered civil rights acts in the 1960s.
    It sounds like you assumed I would jump to their defense? Fuck both the Democratic Party, and the Republican Party. They're just slightly different versions of the same right wing agenda. I'm looking forward to the future, where the two party system, the electoral college, campaign financing, and all those trappings of an oligarchy masquerading as a representative democracy disappear.
    I thought I said kill yourself.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

A carved sculpture made by a Ku Klux Klan member, on indigenous land that was brutally taken away despite a treaty, featuring the faces of two Presidents who owned other people, including one that raped his wife's half sister because she was chattel, is being viewed as a symbol of white supremacy? FUCKING SHOCKING.

Blow that shit up. If Borglum wasn't a Klansmen I'd say keep Lincoln, but it's time to blow it up and re-do it.

If we want to go there, the Democrat Party had a former recruiter for the KKK as Senate Majority leader as recently as 1989 and the founders of the Democrats all held slaves. Abolish the entire party if we’re going to get busy here. Disband it as a racist organization founded on White Supremacy. A disgusting racist past and many Democrats even filibustered civil rights acts in the 1960s.
    It sounds like you assumed I would jump to their defense? Fuck both the Democratic Party, and the Republican Party. They're just slightly different versions of the same right wing agenda. I'm looking forward to the future, where the two party system, the electoral college, campaign financing, and all those trappings of an oligarchy masquerading as a representative democracy disappear.
    I would rather live long enough to see the days when this nation and the world become more progressive societies, and dinosaur views like yours are mocked as a relic of the past.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter

West Yellowstone has a big parade and fireworks show at the park entrance

Because fire wouldn't spread into the park

Individuals cant have fireworks because people are idiots

Praise Allah (though not in public or fear getting assaulted), the noble savages have massive quantities of contraband pyrotechnics for sale at their sovereign nations stands.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter

I would rather live long enough to see the days when this nation and the world become more progressive societies, and dinosaur views like yours are mocked as a relic of the past.
    You spelled "progressive" wrong. It's spelled "fascist". Interesting that the modern progressive doesn't believe in free speech, liberty, freedom and the rule of law. But they do believe that fascism and tyranny.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    Imagine hating everything about the country you live in.

Leaving seems easier than forcing fundamental change on the entire populace. Cuba, Venezuela, China, Laos, Vietnam...plenty of options!

You spelled "progressive" wrong. It's spelled "fascist". Interesting that the modern progressive doesn't believe in free speech, liberty, freedom and the rule of law. But they do believe that fascism and tyranny.
    Meet me at the 7-Eleven at the corner of 43 and Cedar Oak and I'll show you some tyranny.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter

Meet me at the 7-Eleven at the corner of 43 and Cedar Oak and I'll show you some tyranny.
    Like I've said, Scratch a leftist, find a fascist.

Hahaha This fucking guy

Hahaha This fucking guy
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

Who wouldn't rather see a bunch of rusted out '63 Impalas and Chevy Trucks piled in front of an un-sculpted rock instead?

If we’re gonna blow up Mt Rushmore then what’s the fucking point of even having a United States of America?
    I didn't realize the point of a nation state was to maintain a shitty sculpture in the middle of nowhere.

I thought they existed in order to create and enforce laws that reflect the current views of society, maintain a currency for the trade of goods, combine resources for defense, to provide education. You get the point, I thought the United States existed for the people instead of statues.
    whynotboth.gif

Fag
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

So you're going to remain on stolen land. Got it. Hypocrite

So you're going to remain on stolen land. Got it. Hypocrite

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter

You commies are going to disappear.

If we’re gonna blow up Mt Rushmore then what’s the fucking point of even having a United States of America?
    I didn't realize the point of a nation state was to maintain a shitty sculpture in the middle of nowhere.

I thought they existed in order to create and enforce laws that reflect the current views of society, maintain a currency for the trade of goods, combine resources for defense, to provide education. You get the point, I thought the United States existed for the people instead of statues.
    In spite of being a shitty slave owning piece of shit, Washington was also once of the greatest leaders in the history of human kind. George III upon learning that Washington planned to resign his commission as Commander in Chief and retire to his farm, remarked "if he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world."
    Since you're one the few people who has restrained himself from calling me a fascist, communist (see below picture), or saying that beliefs I've held for decades are a phase, I wanted to reply.

Washington, of course, did great things despite owning slaves. Defeated an oppressive colonial force, set a precedent for peaceful transition of power, etc. I don't know if I'd use the praise of an 18th century monarch in his defense, but that is beside the point. This becomes a philosophical issue: should history judge people by the societal norms of their time? There is no right answer. It should be a mix of the two, acknowledging both the positive and negative of historical figures. In Western history Caesar is generally viewed positively, despite his slaughtering the Gauls and others. Ghengis Khan is viewed negatively, despite his tolerance for religion and improving trade. Just examples, showing how problematic history is.

I wouldn't support the de-naming of anything Washington. My views on Mt. Rushmore might be different if it had been made by a person less shitty than Gutzon Borglum, but the artist can't be separated from the art. When everything about Mt. Rushmore is combined then a reasonable person can see how another reasonable person might view it as a symbol of white supremacy.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter

In spite of being a shitty slave owning piece of shit, Washington was also once of the greatest leaders in the history of human kind. George III upon learning that Washington planned to resign his commission as Commander in Chief and retire to his farm, remarked "if he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world."
    Since you're one the few people who has restrained himself from calling me a fascist, communist (see below picture), or saying that beliefs I've held for decades are a phase, I wanted to reply.

Washington, of course, did great things despite owning slaves. Defeated an oppressive colonial force, set a precedent for peaceful transition of power, etc. I don't know if I'd use the praise of an 18th century monarch in his defense, but that is beside the point. This becomes a philosophical issue: should history judge people by the societal norms of their time? There is no right answer. It should be a mix of the two, acknowledging both the positive and negative of historical figures. In Western history Caesar is generally viewed positively, despite his slaughtering the Gauls and others. Ghengis Khan is viewed negatively, despite his tolerance for religion and improving trade. Just examples, showing how problematic history is.

I wouldn't support the de-naming of anything Washington. My views on Mt. Rushmore might be different if it had been made by a person less shitty than Gutzon Borglum, but the artist can't be separated from the art. When everything about Mt. Rushmore is combined then a reasonable person can see how another reasonable person might view it as a symbol of white supremacy.

Robert Byrd/KKK/Democratic Party POTD.