Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mount Rushmore a symbol of white supremacy says the DNC

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

HHusky said:

Fireworks in a National Park in the Summer is way fucktarded without considering anything else.

Huh? The National Mall is a national park and there have been fireworks there for decades.
    Just don't assemble for prayer there or you'll get assaulted.

Only if Daddy needs his picture taken.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club

Brush fires.

Bump
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2020
    HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Fireworks in a National Park in the Summer is way fucktarded without considering anything else.

Huh? The National Mall is a national park and there have been fireworks there for decades.
    Not actually a National Park either but administered by the NPS as is Rushmore.

The Gateway Arch has oddly been upgraded to an NP and I believe they do fireworks there.
    Okay. Point taken.

I'm sure brush fires are a huge hazard in downtown St. Louis and in D.C.
    But like the Arch and National Mall, Rushmore was not established to preserve some unique natural landscape or area of geological or biological significance - which is why two of them aren't National Parks and it's odd that the third one is. All were created to memorialize, display and recognize art of human achievement.

Calling it a National Park makes it sound like it's Yellowstone or Yosemite or something. In which case it would be FS to do fireworks there.

It's a park dedicated to a a sculpture.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

The Gateway Arch has oddly been upgraded to an NP and I believe they do fireworks there.
    Okay. Point taken.

If only they'd thought of that.

"QUESTION: How have concerns about potential fireworks-triggered fire been addressed since the fireworks were discontinued in 2009?

ANSWER: Fireworks were last seen at Mount Rushmore in 2009 but were discontinued following concerns related to the pine beetle infestation in the Black Hills National Forest. Since that time, the forest has gained strength and advancements in pyrotechnics allow for a safe fireworks display.

A wildland fire response plan has been developed to address potential issues. The National Park Service and fire officials will establish a quick response wildland fire team to respond to any unplanned ignitions"
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
    West Yellowstone has a big parade and fireworks show at the park entrance

Because fire wouldn't spread into the park

Individuals cant have fireworks because people are idiots
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Brush fires.

Bump
    L
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Okay. Point taken.

But like the Arch and National Mall, Rushmore was not established to preserve some unique natural landscape or area of geological or biological significance - which is why two of them aren't National Parks and it's odd that the third one is. All were created to memorialize, display and recognize art of human achievement.

Calling it a National Park makes it sound like it's Yellowstone or Yosemite or something. In which case it would be FS to do fireworks there.

Mostly dirt in the Black Hills, not exactly a Forest Fire hotspot.

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Okay. Point taken.

"QUESTION: How have concerns about potential fireworks-triggered fire been addressed since the fireworks were discontinued in 2009?

ANSWER: Fireworks were last seen at Mount Rushmore in 2009 but were discontinued following concerns related to the pine beetle infestation in the Black Hills National Forest. Since that time, the forest has gained strength and advancements in pyrotechnics allow for a safe fireworks display.

A wildland fire response plan has been developed to address potential issues. The National Park Service and fire officials will establish a quick response wildland fire team to respond to any unplanned ignitions"
    They also already did a prescribed burn late April.

Imagine being so partisan that it pisses you off that the president of the United States is attending a fireworks show at at National Memorial to celebrate Independence Day.

These are some of the same people who believe that COVID wasn’t spread at massive street protests yet a 6200 person Trump rally is killing people because the media told them so.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Brush fires.

Bump
    L
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Okay. Point taken.

Mostly dirt in the Black Hills, not exactly a Forest Fire hotspot.

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Okay. Point taken.

They also already did a prescribed burn late April.

Imagine being so partisan that it pisses you off that the president of the United States is attending a fireworks show at at National Memorial to celebrate Independence Day.

These are some of the same people who believe that COVID wasn’t spread at massive street protests yet a 6200 person Trump rally is killing people because the media told them so.

Big corona spike in expected.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/30/politics/trump-mt-rushmore-fourth-of-july-coronavirus/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.argusleader.com/amp/3201337001

Meanwhile - This causes no concern

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/portland-protests-to-continue-for-34th-straight-day-tuesday.html?outputType=amp
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,986 Founders Club
    Christ this place is slipping...

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    A carved sculpture made by a Ku Klux Klan member, on indigenous land that was brutally taken away despite a treaty, featuring the faces of two Presidents who owned other people, including one that raped his wife's half sister because she was chattel, is being viewed as a symbol of white supremacy? FUCKING SHOCKING.

Blow that shit up. If Borglum wasn't a Klansmen I'd say keep Lincoln, but it's time to blow it up and re-do it.

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

A carved sculpture made by a Ku Klux Klan member, on indigenous land that was brutally taken away despite a treaty, featuring the faces of two Presidents who owned other people, including one that raped his wife's half sister because she was chattel, is being viewed as a symbol of white supremacy? FUCKING SHOCKING.

Blow that shit up. If Borglum wasn't a Klansmen I'd say keep Lincoln, but it's time to blow it up and re-do it.

If we’re gonna blow up Mt Rushmore then what’s the fucking point of even having a United States of America?
    That’s the goal. “States” don’t work into the nationalist plans of Democrats. Federal government should control everyone in their ideal form of government.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    I want ANTIFA to rally up and attack Mt. Rushmore. I'm sure the people of South Dakota wouldn't mind.

If we want to go there, the Democrat Party had a former recruiter for the KKK as Senate Majority leader as recently as 1989 and the founders of the Democrats all held slaves. Abolish the entire party if we’re going to get busy here. Disband it as a racist organization founded on White Supremacy. A disgusting racist past and many Democrats even filibustered civil rights acts in the 1960s.
    It sounds like you assumed I would jump to their defense? Fuck both the Democratic Party, and the Republican Party. They're just slightly different versions of the same right wing agenda. I'm looking forward to the future, where the two party system, the electoral college, campaign financing, and all those trappings of an oligarchy masquerading as a representative democracy disappear.

If we’re gonna blow up Mt Rushmore then what’s the fucking point of even having a United States of America?
    I didn't realize the point of a nation state was to maintain a shitty sculpture in the middle of nowhere.

I thought they existed in order to create and enforce laws that reflect the current views of society, maintain a currency for the trade of goods, combine resources for defense, to provide education. You get the point, I thought the United States existed for the people instead of statues.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    edited June 2020

Yeah, just don't question their patriotism. They reject all the trappings of patriotism like standing for the National Anthem, celebrating the 4th of July, and honoring the flag, but they are really super patriotic, in fact they are way more patriotic than you.