Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Slate: Why Biden’s Lead Is Safer Than Clinton’s

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Because he has been in hiding and hasn't named a VP. The moment those two things change he craters.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter

Because he has been in hiding and hasn't named a VP. The moment those two things change he craters.

When Biden opens his mouth things change.
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    A celebrity who is largely a political unknown being down 10 points is a lot different than an incumbent president being down 10 points. These polls showing Trump in the 30's show that his governing strategy to never abandon his base doesn't work when the majority who disagree are actually paying attention.

A year where nothing of consequence is really happening and Trump's antics would play well, not during multiple crises when voters desperately want leadership.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Disagree. The Dems strategy is basically to not run anyone. No policy talk, no platform, no promises of substance. Just a cardboard cutout that isn’t trump. Let trump embarrass himself and let me media attack. That’s the strategy.
    Agreed. Biden is stuttering milquetoast. And it's working.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    I'm making a tee shirt
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Gotta FINISH

Biden leads 28-3 heading into the 4th
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

Disagree. The Dems strategy is basically to not run anyone. No policy talk, no platform, no promises of substance. Just a cardboard cutout that isn’t trump. Let trump embarrass himself and let me media attack. That’s the strategy.
    Why wouldn't that be the strategy? Joe's most redeemable feature at this point is he isn't Trump.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

They should. Because moment joe has to string sentences longer than 5 words they are fucked
    BayDawg said:

Why wouldn't that be the strategy? Joe's most redeemable feature at this point is he isn't Trump.
    From a marketing standpoint un happy customers are 10 times as likely to publicly complain as a satisfied customer is to say they liked it

In politics it easier to get people to the polls to vote for someone than against

Biden can win. Or not. The strategy of keeping 40 million out of work until November has its own risks. The call for Federal mandates on masks may help Joe now but may kill him later

It really has become to clouded to call because who knew in January that we would be here today. And who knows what awaits
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam

Agree with Damone here. Biden doesn’t need to respond to anything and don’t count on him opening his mouth much.

This morning, Trump tweeted out a video from the Villages in Florida, applauding their support, with a guy on a golf cart very audibly yelling “white power” at protestors. It was deleted and sure, I believe they don’t really endorse this stuff (though it’s clear that supporter does), but you want to talk about softballs for the Biden campaign? There’s one that’s easy to spin.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

Agree with Damone here. Biden doesn’t need to respond to anything and don’t count on him opening his mouth much.

This morning, Trump tweeted out a video from the Villages in Florida, applauding their support, with a guy on a golf cart very audibly yelling “white power” at protestors. It was deleted and sure, I believe they don’t really endorse this stuff (though it’s clear that supporter does), but you want to talk about softballs for the Biden campaign? There’s one that’s easy to spin.
    The guy was mocking the other old guy asking where his KKK hood was but I agree that it shouldn’t be Tweeted by the President even if he didn’t know it was in the video.

Meanwhile...

Don't confuse him with facts

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

The guy was mocking the other old guy asking where his KKK hood was but I agree that it shouldn’t be Tweeted by the President even if he didn’t know it was in the video.

Meanwhile...

Context isn’t relevant for the Villages clip, we agree if it can be construed as any way negative towards Trump (which it easily has been), he shouldn’t tweet it.

As for the Biden quote, sure, probably not a great one. People will make the anachronism argument with it, however. Regardless, Biden has the black vote locked down so they’ll have to come with more than that to peel away that demographic. Focus on moms from the ‘burbs.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Meanwhile...

Context isn’t relevant for the Villages clip, we agree if it can be construed as any way negative towards Trump (which it easily has been), he shouldn’t tweet it.

As for the Biden quote, sure, probably not a great one. People will make the anachronism argument with it, however. Regardless, Biden has the black vote locked down so they’ll have to come with more than that to peel away that demographic. Focus on moms from the ‘burbs.
    The goal isnt to get black votes from Biden. The goal is to make black people and suburban moms unenthusiastic so they dont vote at all.

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Meanwhile...

The goal isnt to get black votes from Biden. The goal is to make black people and suburban moms unenthusiastic so they dont vote at all.
    This racist gets it