Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official visits

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    guntlove said:

Every single thing Jimmy has done as HC has been fucking terrible. His staff hires were an absolute flaming shit-wreck.

His complete mismanagement and chincompetence in recruiting has been stunning. The total inability to read the situation and adjust on the fly is a massive read flag. As was his inability to put aside his loyalty to shitty coaches like Bob and Bonerpop and do what’s best for the program.

He seems to have some toxic mix of arrogance and incompetence, and sounds like a fucking used car salesman when he tries to sell the program.

Jimmy’s in way over his head. He is going to be Gilbertson Willingham kind of bad. Take yer screenshots.

That's what I've been worried about. From the very first press conference where he awkwardly talked about his love of X's and O's and every ensuing interview since where he's described his offense as "attacking" and "aggressive", he doesn't inspire much confidence for his vision for the program At this point he's basically the defensive version of Sark.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

guntlove said:

Every single thing Jimmy has done as HC has been fucking terrible. His staff hires were an absolute flaming shit-wreck.

His complete mismanagement and chincompetence in recruiting has been stunning. The total inability to read the situation and adjust on the fly is a massive read flag. As was his inability to put aside his loyalty to shitty coaches like Bob and Bonerpop and do what’s best for the program.

He seems to have some toxic mix of arrogance and incompetence, and sounds like a fucking used car salesman when he tries to sell the program.

Jimmy’s in way over his head. He is going to be Gilbertson Willingham kind of bad. Take yer screenshots.

That's what I've been worried about. From the very first press conference where he awkwardly talked about his love of X's and O's and every ensuing interview since where he's described his offense as "attacking" and "aggressive", he doesn't inspire much confidence for his vision for the program At this point he's basically the defensive version of Sark.
    Yup. He’s giving off Sark and Taggart vibes...except they could recruit.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I must have missed this over the turdtastic start to Jimmy's tenure, but do we know for a fact that he and the staff have been off the back on virtual visits?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

guntlove said:

Jesus christ. Sark's recruiting was a fucking joke, as Petersen demonstrated in his first two classes. Each class had a couple of good players surrounded by filler and high Hope's dashed by non qualifiers. He also continually (even after he was gone) received doog credit for being "in on" elite guys that were obviously only listing UW among their favorites because UW begged them to.

Lake could continue down the pathe he's on right now and still easily pull in better classes than Sark did.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He has Coach K. He’ll be fine.

Beta coach K who took a demotion so this dude wouldn't leave?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

You can call him a beta all you want but he’s arguably the best defensive mind in CFB along with Venables.

You can call him a beta all you want but he’s arguably the best defensive mind in CFB along with Venables.
    I don't disagree that he's a great defensive mind but that isn't going to save our program if Jimmy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing (which seems more and more likely).
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

guntlove said:

Jesus christ. Sark's recruiting was a fucking joke, as Petersen demonstrated in his first two classes. Each class had a couple of good players surrounded by filler and high Hope's dashed by non qualifiers. He also continually (even after he was gone) received doog credit for being "in on" elite guys that were obviously only listing UW among their favorites because UW begged them to.

Lake could continue down the pathe he's on right now and still easily pull in better classes than Sark did.
    One of my fav “insider” stories was the one about how sark was so confident we were landing a player (I don’t even remember who it was, I think he went to UCLA) they had his page in the signing day press booklet. Then they had to go through and rip his page out when they didn’t get the NLI.

It was so obviously a bullshit story sark and his boys put out to beat their chests and pretend they were in on an elite dude. But they also knew 100% Kim would gobble it up and push it out to the doogs who crave anything that confirms their belief that coaches are actually better than their record.
    doogville said:

chuck said:

guntlove said:

One of my fav “insider” stories was the one about how sark was so confident we were landing a player (I don’t even remember who it was, I think he went to UCLA) they had his page in the signing day press booklet. Then they had to go through and rip his page out when they didn’t get the NLI.

It was so obviously a bullshit story sark and his boys put out to beat their chests and pretend they were in on an elite dude. But they also knew 100% Kim would gobble it up and push it out to the doogs who crave anything that confirms their belief that coaches are actually better than their record.
    Vanderdoes
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I’m waiting on Jimmy to coach a couple games first. This is still sizzle. I’m starting to expect the worst, but everything gets fixed by winning.

The problem is that there is so much talent on this team that this team could be very good if there is a season. We know for the most part that the coaches can coach (by and large).

Problem is coach is just part of the job. The lack of recruiting is going to torpedo the program down the road ... that’s the major risk.

Jimmy going 10-2 or 11-1 this year not only results on Jimmy doubling down on what he’s doing being the right approach but almost assuredly results in Jen extending the contract.

Anything Jimmy does in 2020/2021 is riding the bow wave ... we don’t learn about Jimmy until 2022 at the earliest
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I’m waiting on Jimmy to coach a couple games first. This is still sizzle. I’m starting to expect the worst, but everything gets fixed by winning.

The problem is that there is so much talent on this team that this team could be very good if there is a season. We know for the most part that the coaches can coach (by and large).

Problem is coach is just part of the job. The lack of recruiting is going to torpedo the program down the road ... that’s the major risk.

Jimmy going 10-2 or 11-1 this year not only results on Jimmy doubling down on what he’s doing being the right approach but almost assuredly results in Jen extending the contract.

Anything Jimmy does in 2020/2021 is riding the bow wave ... we don’t learn about Jimmy until 2022 at the earliest
    Helfrich made a title game, but his lack of recruiting ended him in year 4.
    I would take a shot at a championship in exchange for sucking ass two years later and being back on the coaching carousel.