Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official visits

With recruits being told by coaches that official visits are unlikely this year, expect a lot of recruits who were waiting for the fall for official visits to lock in there spots with schools.
dougthedawgSeoulDawgDougbackthepackNeighbor2972CFetters_Nacho_LoverUW_Doog_BotNEsnake12Emotermandnc

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Posts: 3,251
    2,500 Up Votes 2,500 Awesomes 2500 Comments 250 Answers
    Will this help our chances with keeping Emeka and JTT home?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Posts: 904
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Awesomes 1,500 Up Votes 250 Answers

I think it helps with Alexander, Owens and Tinae and it doesn't hurt with JTT and Emeka but don't think it will be a big factor for either of them.
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverdougthedawgdncBeno4Life
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Posts: 10,781
    10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary

I think it helps with Alexander, Owens and Tinae and it doesn't hurt with JTT and Emeka but don't think it will be a big factor for either of them.
    But if Alexander is leaning to Cal, Tunae to WSU, and Prentice to Stsnford, doesnt it help those schools more?
    CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 10,114
    10,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary
    So the Troy Franklin flip, I’m assuming isn’t happening
  • DoogDawgDoogDawg Posts: 90
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Awesomes 100 Up Votes Third Anniversary

Am I correct that JTT has never even visited Ohio State? Can’t imagine him committing to a school he’s never seen in person. If this continues through the fall, I’d imagine the local guys would stay local.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Posts: 1,024
    1,500 Awesomes 1,000 Up Votes 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary

Troy Franklin, meet Spam Chancellor.

Beno4LifeBleachedAnusDawg
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Posts: 5,007
    Swaye's Wigwam 2,500 Up Votes 2,500 Awesomes 2500 Comments

Troy Franklin, meet Spam Chancellor.

#bountygate part deux
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Posts: 3,385
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes 2500 Comments
    There's still nothing stopping kids 'walking around campus' as they are calling it on Twitter.

I imagine some SEC teams will encourage kids to do campus tours where they 'accidently' run in to coach.
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverdncguntloveNoWarningJustDawg
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Posts: 1,587
    1,500 Up Votes 1,500 Awesomes 250 Answers 1000 Comments
    DoogDawg said:

Am I correct that JTT has never even visited Ohio State? Can’t imagine him committing to a school he’s never seen in person. If this continues through the fall, I’d imagine the local guys would stay local.
    one telephone call from Gee Jr could negate all that.
    backthepackCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Posts: 357
    1,000 Awesomes 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 100 Comments
    But they still can visit unofficially, no? In other words, if TroyTroy wanted to visit for the Michigan game, which is totally gonna happen (yeah right), then he could, yeah?

Thanks for the info, @sonics1993...
    backthepack
  • DougDoug Posts: 17
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Beno4Life said:

But they still can visit unofficially, no? In other words, if TroyTroy wanted to visit for the Michigan game, which is totally gonna happen (yeah right), then he could, yeah?

Unknown at this time. If they just keep extending the dead period then no, even unofficial visits would be disallowed. I mean he could buy a ticket and come to the game but he wouldn’t be allowed to visit with players, coaches, administrators, etc.no tours or anything else. nothing beyond what a normal fan in the stands could do
    Beno4Life
  • FireCohenFireCohen Posts: 16,006
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments
    Doug said:

Beno4Life said:

Unknown at this time. If they just keep extending the dead period then no, even unofficial visits would be disallowed. I mean he could buy a ticket and come to the game but he wouldn’t be allowed to visit with players, coaches, administrators, etc.no tours or anything else. nothing beyond what a normal fan in the stands could do
    Well time for huard to step up and close him out like he did jalen
    dirtysouwfdawgguntloveBeno4Life
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Posts: 605
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Comments 250 Up Votes
    What are you hearing about the season happening, sonics?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Posts: 10,781
    10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary
    edited June 29
    Have to wonder if the fact that Jimmy now seems to be taking the "virtual visit" thing seriously (about 3 months too late), we might see a few kids come back around to UW.
    CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • FireCohenFireCohen Posts: 16,006
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments

Have to wonder if the fact that Jimmy now seems to be taking the "virtual visit" thing seriously (about 3 months too late), we might see a few kids come back around to UW.

While virtual tours make an impact, it won't be nearly the same impact as a physical visit. The coaching staff screwed the pooch on this one. Virtual tours from the beginning would have put UW even, if not slightly ahead of a lot of these recruits that went elsewhere. While an official visit might bring some of the non-committed and even committed players back in the fold, I find it difficult for a virtual visit to make up much ground if any. If these coaches are behind the times with their social media and distant contacting, I can't imagine them having the ability to differentiate themselves with virtual tours.
    Dude was sitting around and scratching his nuts and is going to pay for it now
    greenblood