Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

@DoogieMcDoogerson

2»

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Thanks for the shout out. He's not bad but I would prefer someone else in 2024.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971

Pence is the type of GOP that I did NOT vote for before. Trump is the democrat I did. Gator is right because I don't think Pence can handle the shit storm. Being a Christian is basically hate speech these days. Only a little hyperbole

Party switch?

I would clarify that Trump voters would look for someone else in the primaries. If Pence was the nominee he'd get the votes unless the Democrats ran a Democrat

My whole discussion is primaries. I don't think there's a person on the planet the Democrats could run now who'd get the Trump vote. It's their own fault, but welcome to identity politics. You run on the D ticket you wear the scarlet letter with that block.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

I would clarify that Trump voters would look for someone else in the primaries. If Pence was the nominee he'd get the votes unless the Democrats ran a Democrat

My whole discussion is primaries. I don't think there's a person on the planet the Democrats could run now who'd get the Trump vote. It's their own fault, but welcome to identity politics. You run on the D ticket you wear the scarlet letter with that block.
    There isn’t someone in the Trump camp who’s going to switch their vote to Biden unless something Trump does actually affects them personally; and even then, they’d believe they’ve sacrificed something for the greater good. It’s a fascinating devotion. If things he’s done or said haven’t turned a person off from voting for him, literally nothing will between now and November.

The people who count are the “undecideds,” which I can’t believe actually still exist at this point. 99% of the country who is voting knows who they’re voting for.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

There isn’t someone in the Trump camp who’s going to switch their vote to Biden unless something Trump does actually affects them personally; and even then, they’d believe they’ve sacrificed something for the greater good. It’s a fascinating devotion. If things he’s done or said haven’t turned a person off from voting for him, literally nothing will between now and November.

The people who count are the “undecideds,” which I can’t believe actually still exist at this point. 99% of the country who is voting knows who they’re voting for.
    For fucks sake. Imagine someone voting for Biden dropping this load of shit

MelloDawg said:

Disagree. There are moderates to win over. A guy like Pence could do that.

MelloDawg said:

You exaggerate. The question was if anyone currently voting for Trump would vote for Biden. I think there are undecideds that will vote for Trump, but people who currently say they’re voting for Trump are unlikely to change at this point.

MelloDawg said:

Right, moderates that are undecided. Pence’s visibility during COVID could help, it certainly would have helped more if Trump hadn’t taken over the briefings.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter

MelloDawg said:

Dems will double down on stupid with someone like Kamela or Susan Rice just to be woke. Then Trump will slice them up and Pence will be the voice of reason. Standard good cop/bad cop play.

There are good cops, you know - despite that the left wants the public to think AAARRRGH MEAN COP BAD!!!

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

You exaggerate. The question was if anyone currently voting for Trump would vote for Biden. I think there are undecideds that will vote for Trump, but people who currently say they’re voting for Trump are unlikely to change at this point.

And it has nothing to do with devotion or all the other bullshit put out about Trump voters

edited June 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

And it has nothing to do with devotion or all the other bullshit put out about Trump voters

Eh, I think there is some % of the base - don't ask me for a number/don't have one - that are devoted. You have, like it or not, a cult of personality with a percentage of the voters. No different than Obama. There are people who either man could shit on - like actually take a shit on their heads - and they'd save the turd. I think that's beyond discussion now. Trump has a very, very, very powerful following who basically see goodness and badassness in everything he does. Again, Obama had that legion too.

I continue to believe there is a great number of voters in the middle - like me - who are not prisoners to party or idealogues who will follow a political philosophy all the way down the hole if it leads them there. The country is polarized mostly in the media, especially social media, where it doesn't take balls to tell your neighbor he's dumb cock sucker. In real life, I think a lot of Americans be swayed to vote one way or the other.

Then again, I've been known to be wrong.