Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

@DoogieMcDoogerson

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
Agree with your assessment. Pence is very Presidential. Good speaker, level-headed, etc.

I've no idea of whether he has the real goods, and he's a little more socially conservative than am I. With that said, he seems very electable.

Good call several months ago.

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    He doesn’t bang randos or grope women as real presidents and candidates do. He doesn’t even meet with other women alone for fear of #MeToo.

Doesn’t work in 2024. Needs more juice, Taggart-style.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971

He doesn’t bang randos or grope women as real presidents and candidates do. He doesn’t even meet with other women alone for fear of #MeToo.

He may not win over the far right who loves Donnie's shit talkin' style and would overlook him fucking the dog. But to many on the right, including the dreaded establishment Republican line, he may have appeal. Especially for the real Christian right ... the prudes who actually never miss church, don't like profanity and boorishness and all that. The ones that do their sinning in a dark closet. A midwestern Christian, if you will. Those guysms would vote for Pence. I'm sure of it.

I can actually see the appeal of this guy.
    PS: I'm not sure his hesitance to meet with women 1 on 1 for M2 concerns is all that out there. I think about it.

PS: I'm not sure his hesitance to meet with women 1 on 1 for M2 concerns is all that out there. I think about it.

It’s a good business and life decision.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    Pence is going to be better than any democrat and unlike the never trump cry babies Trump voters will support him

But don't think for one second that Pence won't be savaged as bad as Trump. Will he fight back or bend over. That's all that matters at this point

In case you hadn't noticed the left marches in lock step and are quite clearly serious about fucking this country over to save it

It's no time for fags on the right to keep retreating. And that's why Trump is in the White House now. If Biden wins 2024 won't matter anyway
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

He may not win over the far right who loves Donnie's shit talkin' style and would overlook him fucking the dog. But to many on the right, including the dreaded establishment Republican line, he may have appeal. Especially for the real Christian right ... the prudes who actually never miss church, don't like profanity and boorishness and all that. The ones that do their sinning in a dark closet. A midwestern Christian, if you will. Those guysms would vote for Pence. I'm sure of it.

I can actually see the appeal of this guy.
    Disagree, I don't think an outspoken evangelical has a chance in hell of getting elected in today's climate. He's just a more polished Rick Santorum.
    Pence is the type of GOP that I did NOT vote for before. Trump is the democrat I did. Gator is right because I don't think Pence can handle the shit storm. Being a Christian is basically hate speech these days. Only a little hyperbole
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Pence is the type of GOP that I did NOT vote for before. Trump is the democrat I did. Gator is right because I don't think Pence can handle the shit storm. Being a Christian is basically hate speech these days. Only a little hyperbole

I don't think we have anyway of knowing
    History can be our guide. As can the current GOP "leadership" which is standing idly by doing nothing while hoping they can get re elected to keep doing nothing other than give in as the noble minority party they love to be

History can be our guide. As can the current GOP "leadership" which is standing idly by doing nothing while hoping they can get re elected to keep doing nothing other than give in as the noble minority party they love to be

Fortunately most people forget what they ate for dinner last night and that Joe Biden has course eruption from China to Ukraine and NOC, but Pence isn’t Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/31/mike-pence-caves-seeks-clarification-religio/

Mike Pence caves, seeks clarification to religious-objections law
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

Being a Christian is basically hate speech these days. Only a little hyperbole

Jesus told you that already.
    HHusky said:

Why can’t you be even a little bit funny or at the very least, witty.

Fortunately most people forget what they ate for dinner last night and that Joe Biden has course eruption from China to Ukraine and NOC, but Pence isn’t Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/31/mike-pence-caves-seeks-clarification-religio/

Mike Pence caves, seeks clarification to religious-objections law
    Yes.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

HHusky said:

Why can’t you be even a little bit funny or at the very least, witty.
    Ironic.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Pence wants to round up the gays and execute them. That’s what I’m hearing.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

Trump is the counter culture politician to the culture that hates the counter culture. I disagree that Trump voters will get behind Pence to a significant degree. Trump voters loved Trump, his VP was irrelevant, which is why he did replace him with a person like Nikki Haley, it would be a real indicator of panic mode.

That said, Pence doesn’t have the ability to galvanize a base the way Trump does. He is eloquent and media savvy, but that’s about it. He is rather bland overall.
    I would clarify that Trump voters would look for someone else in the primaries. If Pence was the nominee he'd get the votes unless the Democrats ran a Democrat
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020
    I was remarking to my binary-gendered life mate tonight that if Pence was president now, had done with the economy what Trump did, and bungled the COVID response, he’d be able to recover well enough to win re-election rather easily because he’s so smooth in his responses.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

I would clarify that Trump voters would look for someone else in the primaries. If Pence was the nominee he'd get the votes unless the Democrats ran a Democrat

This is assuming that the sudden scrutiny on Pence wouldn't bring with it increased admiration from the public. Right now, he's just largely regarded as an empty suit, rightly or wrongly.
    MelloDawg said:

I was remarking to my binary-gendered life mate tonight that if Pence was president now, had done with the economy what Trump did, and bungled the COVID response, he’d be able to recover well enough to win re-election rather easily because he’s so smooth in his responses.

that's our Mello