Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Question for the Tug

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
edited June 2020 in Tug Tavern
Has anyone here actually ever been tested for influenza? I had what I was told was the flu a few times bad enough to get meds but no test was ever done on me to say that’s what I had. Would millions test positive for influenza each flu season if it were the norm? If you don’t test for things, you don’t have numbers and I don’t recall massive influenza testing in my lifetime.

Is this WuFlu/viral testing mania a relatively new thing? I remember having a Strep test as a kid but that’s a bacterial infection.

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited June 2020

IMO the testing became important when the bodies failed to stack like cord wood. It became the reason to not open and of course to blame Trump. So we are America fuck yeah and we are testing and guess what we are finding the Wuhan

But the bodies still refuse to stack like cord wood and the stats are being used to continue to scare folks like the ones who showed up last night demanding mask use

The only time Race ever got concerned was when the Tatars began catapulting dead bodies over his castle walls.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter
    Have had the flu flu bad twice. Once turned into walking pneumonia and once bronchitis. Never tested for the flu. Never close to being hospitalized.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,976
    Never tested; never hospitalized. I've had it a few times here and there, some really bad. But anything involving throwing up usually tends to work itself out of my body within a couple of days max. Most of my flu experience is of the 24 hour variety.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited June 2020

Never tested; never hospitalized. I've had it a few times here and there, some really bad. But anything involving throwing up usually tends to work itself out of my body within a couple of days max. Most of my flu experience is of the 24 hour variety.

There is no 24 flu.

Vomiting isn't a flu symptom.

HTH
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562

Most "flus" are food poisoning.
    Blu82 said:

Most "flus" are food poisoning.
    No flus are food poisoning.

Most people are dumbshits though.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited June 2020
    Back to mandatory masks today in Portland. I didn’t know but the Plaid Pantry I just stopped by reminded the 8 out of 10 of us in it without masks on an 83 degree day we need them next time.

The Democrats really are looking to bankrupt people. How fucking stupid can one be to believe this is some plague that will kill millions after a month of massive crowds showing more positive tests yet the mortality rate massively declining?

We’re? completely screwed if the masses are this easily manipulated.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    47 million jobs lost

I blame Trump

There was an article earlier this week showing how blue states are about 5 points higher in unemployment with red states showing gains and a lowering rate

IMO the testing became important when the bodies failed to stack like cord wood. It became the reason to not open and of course to blame Trump. So we are America fuck yeah and we are testing and guess what we are finding the Wuhan

But the bodies still refuse to stack like cord wood and the stats are being used to continue to scare folks like the ones who showed up last night demanding mask use

This was the poont I was getting at but wanted someone with more credibility to mention, so thanks @RaceBannon.

Cases are way up!! Well no shit, how many tens of millions would test positive for a virus strain at any point? I do think the Chinese made a special blend, but it’s a failure in cordwood so we get this positive “case” bullshit instead.

Also

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    Tests are only 70% accurate and lots of false positives.
    Amazingly people all over NYC didn’t cause any increased cases.

How fucking stupid are people that believe this pandemic bullshit?

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/06/24/new-york-city-reports-no-protest-related-upticks-in-covid-19-1294370

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited June 2020
    Tested once, pretty much knew I had it by the symptoms. It was positive even though had received flu vaccine earlier In the “season”(pretty common thing to get the flu even though someone has received the “vaccine”).

Mine started out as fever and headache. I’ve had hangovers with the best of em and never had a headache like that few days, no meds would touch it. Then all the aches and congestion shit. Two weeks of misery then another with aftershocks. Pretty much had to die to feel better. And I ain’t out of shape or unhealthy.
    SECDAWG said:

Tested once, pretty much knew I had it by the symptoms. It was positive even though had received flu vaccine earlier In the “season”(pretty common thing to get the flu even though someone has received the “vaccine”).

Mine started out as fever and headache. I’ve had hangovers with the best of em and never had a headache like that few days, no meds would touch it. Then all the aches and congestion shit. Two weeks of misery then another with aftershocks. Pretty much had to die to feel better. And I ain’t out of shape or unhealthy.

Probably should crash the world economy if something like that is going around
    edited June 2020
    Wow soooo surprising that WuFlu now has a header on Twitter again.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited June 2020
    People call everything the flu.

They also say "Yeah, I had the same thing!" when they have no fucking idea if they had the same thing or not. There are lots of "flu-like" ailments - but they aren't the flu.

I've had the flu twice that I can remember, the most recent was almost 30 years ago. I get a flu shot yearly because I'm not a fucking retard. Did they test me? No - but what the fuck else would it be when you're laid flat for 5-6 days with a fever, chills, aches, and cough? That's the fucking flu. Had 120,000 people died from the flu the year I had it, they may have tested - but why would they otherwise?

What I'm more worried about is the bleeding from NorthwestFresh's gash. It looks like it may be a fatal case.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    The flu is for the genetically inferior

Don't bring that weak ass shit up in my house
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    edited June 2020

The flu is for the genetically inferior

Don't bring that weak ass shit up in my house

Or the weak and elderly. Suddenly Death Panels are bad unless you send infected people into nursing homes.

Birthday parties are more dangerous than protests
    “Three are now hospitalized, including two elderly family members and one woman battling breast cancer.”

Culling the herd. @HHusky may have to retire even earlier now before he gets his percentages of malpractice and slip n’ fall settlements from the weak.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

SECDAWG said:

Probably should crash the world economy if something like that is going around
    Neah, I’d rather had COVID-19 from what I hear and see.