Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Summer recruiting board

sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
- QB: Thank god for Sam Huard, the only non three star commit in the class. At this time, they are done for this position.

- RB: In the top two for Caleb and Hornbeak and I believe we will land one of them. In the top four for Cardwell but don't think we land him. Expect to see more offers go out for the RB position. Will probably take two running backs if they can fit it in.

- WR: Troy committing to Oregon was a big blow. Junior and Tinae havn't been feeling Washington for a little while and while we have gained ground for Emeka we still trail. Just offered Tsion Nunnally who we should be able to close over Washington State but who knows at this point. Expect more offers to go out for this position as well.

- TE: Have two commits in Jumper and Moore. They would like one more TE and they are hoping it's Erik Olson but they trail for him. They just offered a new TE last week in Shield Taylor and depending on how Erik's recruitment goes, I expect more offers to go out this summer/fall.

- OL: Have one commit in Robert Wyrsch and want to take 1-2 more OL. Hearing Owen Prentice is leaning towards Stanford and waiting to see if his application gets accepted before choosing a school. They are recruiting Josh Simmons but he wants to play DL which is an issue, we aren't in his top group list right now anyway. Expect more offers to go out.

- DL: Got two commits in Kuao Peihopa and Voi Tunuufi and want to take 1-2 more depending on who it is. Obviously the big target is JTT and they have made up ground for him but so have Oregon and USC. His recruitment will go until January/February so long way to go. Only other DL they are recruiting is Derek Wilkins who they trail for and Jacob Schuster who will take his time thanks to that dumb gray shirt offer.

- Buck: Got one commit in Heims and they would like to take one more if it's the right guy. Only Buck's they are recruiting right now is Velltray Jefferson who will take his time but we are in his top group and Logan Fano who Utah leads for. He's still undecided mission wise right now so look out for that.

- LB: Got one commit in Latu and they are pretty much done. Still recruiting Wynden Ho'ohuli but they have fallen behind and I don't see him coming here because of the lack of relationship with Bob.

- DB: Got two commits in Zakhari Spears and Dyson McCutcheon and they would like to take two more. Top uncommitted DB on the board is Jaylin Smith but he's not really considering us. Recently offered Titus Mokiao-Atimalala who is favoring ND but will take some visits, in the top two for Placide Djungu-Sungu along with Duke. Also just offered Chance Tucker and Mitch Leigber and I expect more offers to go out for this position as well.

Overall thoughts: I warned you guys earlier in the year that recruiting looked awful and now your seeing it play out. Recruiting especially offensively is just a mess and it's not going to get any better in the next two months. If I had to predict a class right now, it would be Sam Huard with a bunch of three stars because right now there is no 4/5 star that I would predict Washington to land, it's that ugly. Only hope is that these guys can coach and they win some games so they can flip a few of these players but it's going to be a tall task.

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

- QB: Thank god for Sam Huard, the only non three star commit in the class. At this time, they are done for this position.

- RB: In the top two for Caleb and Hornbeak and I believe we will land one of them. In the top four for Cardwell but don't think we land him. Expect to see more offers go out for the RB position. Will probably take two running backs if they can fit it in.

- WR: Troy committing to Oregon was a big blow. Junior and Tinae havn't been feeling Washington for a little while and while we have gained ground for Emeka we still trail. Just offered Tsion Nunnally who we should be able to close over Washington State but who knows at this point. Expect more offers to go out for this position as well.

- TE: Have two commits in Jumper and Moore. They would like one more TE and they are hoping it's Erik Olson but they trail for him. They just offered a new TE last week in Shield Taylor and depending on how Erik's recruitment goes, I expect more offers to go out this summer/fall.

- OL: Have one commit in Robert Wyrsch and want to take 1-2 more OL. Hearing Owen Prentice is leaning towards Stanford and waiting to see if his application gets accepted before choosing a school. They are recruiting Josh Simmons but he wants to play DL which is an issue, we aren't in his top group list right now anyway. Expect more offers to go out.

- DL: Got two commits in Kuao Peihopa and Voi Tunuufi and want to take 1-2 more depending on who it is. Obviously the big target is JTT and they have made up ground for him but so have Oregon and USC. His recruitment will go until January/February so long way to go. Only other DL they are recruiting is Derek Wilkins who they trail for and Jacob Schuster who will take his time thanks to that dumb gray shirt offer.

- Buck: Got one commit in Heims and they would like to take one more if it's the right guy. Only Buck's they are recruiting right now is Velltray Jefferson who will take his time but we are in his top group and Logan Fano who Utah leads for. He's still undecided mission wise right now so look out for that.

- LB: Got one commit in Latu and they are pretty much done. Still recruiting Wynden Ho'ohuli but they have fallen behind and I don't see him coming here because of the lack of relationship with Bob.

- DB: Got two commits in Zakhari Spears and Dyson McCutcheon and they would like to take two more. Top uncommitted DB on the board is Jaylin Smith but he's not really considering us. Recently offered Titus Mokiao-Atimalala who is favoring ND but will take some visits, in the top two for Placide Djungu-Sungu along with Duke. Also just offered Chance Tucker and Mitch Leigber and I expect more offers to go out for this position as well.

Overall thoughts: I warned you guys earlier in the year that recruiting looked awful and now your seeing it play out. Recruiting especially offensively is just a mess and it's not going to get any better in the next two months. If I had to predict a class right now, it would be Sam Huard with a bunch of three stars because right now there is no 4/5 star that I would predict Washington to land, it's that ugly. Only hope is that these guys can coach and they win some games so they can flip a few of these players but it's going to be a tall task.

this is depressing....
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited June 2020
    Whoa. That is soul crushingly depressing.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Honestly, if UW could get some of these guys on campus it would hugely help.

Huskies have a pretty stacked roster right now, I actually think there is a lot of alpha energy with the current guys and they would be a 1000% better as an interface with recruits than the dipshit coaches.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

Hey bartender, double bleach, neat.

Jesus. How much coronavirus do you have!?...
  • Options
    LostDoogRewardLostDoogReward Member Posts: 62

Hey bartender, double bleach, neat.

Jesus. How much coronavirus do you have!?...
    I'm asymptomatic, the bleach is just a preventative measure.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Two things @sonics1993

1) Thanks for your contributions and insights

2) Can you please change your avatar to the actual Sonics in 1993 logo? That Sonics logo is such trash ... green and gold is the only color for the Supes
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Yeah, the recruiting stuff makes you wonder if he has any managerial ability at all.

How many people would welcome back CP and OKG back with open arms right now?

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I really don't think Jimmy is going to last here very long.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020
    Petersen was the main draw for elite kids and their families and also the best recruiter/closer. Is this surprising to anyone?

I thought Lake could jeep it going. He blew it. Fire the university.

Someone posted about how this one class of diamonds shouldn't hurt the roster too bad as long as it's a one time thing. I agree, but there are two ways this could turn around before the damage starts:

1) A big 2020 season...this would help for sure but not seal anything in recruiting if these guys are really this bad at it. Plus there wont be a 2020 season.

2) Jimmy gets disgusted enough to clear out his staff and make some flash hires. This isn't happening either. He doesn't seem to have any contacts or pull to make big time hires.

TLDR...FUCK