Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is our on Media trying to start a civil war?

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,410 Founders Club

Pretty convinced this is what multiple foreign actors who finance our media are interested in. Nobody has been talking about China and their complicity in a world pandemic for a month.

This.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Yes

A civil war generates news.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

Yes

A civil war generates news.

I like to picnic on a bluff above the battles. It’s something I like to do. I like to do that.
    Hopefully it won't be over already
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    People forget that from 1895 to 1930 Hearst controlled one of the worlds largest media/information companies in the world, was the progenitor for the term "Yellow Journalism" (Fake news), leveraged his newspapers and film companies into political power for both himself and his friends, and successfully pushed the US into the Spanish-American war...

"Please remain. You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - Hearst December 1897

3 weeks later the USS Maine exploded, likely due to an accidental fire started in the ammunition or coal stock. Hearst's papers falsely ran with the story that Spain intentionally attacked the ship. "Remember the Main, To hell with Spain." The US declared war against Spain shortly after.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Houhusky said:

People forget that from 1895 to 1930 Hearst controlled one of the worlds largest media/information companies in the world, was the progenitor for the term "Yellow Journalism" (Fake news), leveraged his newspapers and film companies into political power for both himself and his friends, and successfully pushed the US into the Spanish-American war...

"Please remain. You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - Hearst December 1897

3 weeks later the USS Maine exploded, likely due to an accidental fire started in the ammunition or coal stock. Hearst's papers falsely ran with the story that Spain intentionally attacked the ship. "Remember the Main, To hell with Spain." The US declared war against Spain shortly after.

Almost like that anthrax was from iraq bs
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    The media is complicit in the coup which will lead to civil war. They might not like how that turns out!
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Sledog said:

The media is complicit in the coup which will lead to civil war. They might not like how that turns out!

Reminds me how how Bush’s FBI targeted an innocent man in the anthrax letters with help from the media, and Clinton’s FBI targeted Richard Jewell for the Olympic bombing with help from the media. That’s was long before this widespread sharing of information online, too.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    Don Henley sang a song about these blood suckers 35 years ago