Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I put the failure to add a high end, grad transfer QB like Hogan out of my mind and view this on it's own merits then I'm good with it. If he doesnt win the starting job (I bet he does) he'll at least be better depth than the other loser.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Besides, he took Heaners spot. Give me a guy who goes FCS and does well and comes back to the big boys for one last go, vs a dude who lost the job and took his ball and went to Fresno.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Donovan has preferred more mobile QBs. His starters at Vandy were Aaron Rodgers' brother and Magna Carta's brother, not exactly dual threat QBs but definitely not statues. He signed Trace McSorley at Penn State but was stuck with Hackenberg during his tenure as OC. I could see this kid or Garbers winning the job.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Expect the George Fox kid to decommit

Jaden Sheffey.

#SayHisName
    POTT.

dnc said:

This kid man graduated HS in 2014.

BYU of the north!

NPOTT
    Grumble *gets* me
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Expect the George Fox kid to decommit

Jaden Sheffey.

#SayHisName
    POTT.

dnc said:

This kid man graduated HS in 2014.

BYU of the north!

NPOTT
    Grumble *gets* me
    I just don't want to be next on you're list.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Hopefully more Vernon Adams than Dakota Prukrap
  • Options

We’ve entered the Helfrich era of UW football.

Not really. We have the top QB recruit in the country coming in next year.
    ISHIT
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Beno4Life said:

Ha, meanwhile that DE verbals to Oklahoma and we sign a FCS player. Story of this “legendary” 2021 class. What a fucking joke. Hahaha, god we’re pathetic.

Well, he's technically coming in with the 2020 class
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember drunkenly watching Sac State hang in there in Tempe until the end last year, not sure how big of an impact he had because that game scored like 2 shitty NFL teams matching up.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020

Donovan has preferred more mobile QBs. His starters at Vandy were Aaron Rodgers' brother and Magna Carta's brother, not exactly dual threat QBs but definitely not statues. He signed Trace McSorley at Penn State but was stuck with Hackenberg during his tenure as OC. I could see this kid or Garbers winning the job.

If a college coach prefers a pocket passer, he’s retarded. Not saying all pocket passers suck, but most of them do, and it’s a hinderance if your QB can’t run. But Tom Brady!
    I guess it depends on the level. At the college level, mobile quarterbacks are much more valuable because they can outrun most linebackers. However, in the NFL where linebackers run 4.4 and 4.5 40's, the mobile QB isn't as valuable. Unless of course you have Lamar Jackson speed which is once in a generation type of speed. The only QB even comparable is Michael Vick. Even Randall Cunningham didn't have close to Jackson's speed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

If a college coach prefers a pocket passer, he’s retarded. Not saying all pocket passers suck, but most of them do, and it’s a hinderance if your QB can’t run. But Tom Brady!
    I guess it depends on the level. At the college level, mobile quarterbacks are much more valuable because they can outrun most linebackers. However, in the NFL where linebackers run 4.4 and 4.5 40's, the mobile QB isn't as valuable. Unless of course you have Lamar Jackson speed which is once in a generation type of speed. The only QB even comparable is Michael Vick. Even Randall Cunningham didn't have close to Jackson's speed.
    The NFL is seeing the value of being elusive like Mahomes who isnt fast

Definitely like mobile in college
  • Options

And yet having a mobile QB is still advantageous in the NFL, just not to the same degree as in college.

The days of the Mannings, Bradys Brees and Rivers types dominating the league are numbered.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have been doing that for the last decade. Neither are really fast. Mahomes didn’t suddenly make the NFL value elusiveness more
    I didn't actually say Mahomes did. Just that the NFL is a copy cat league and you don't need to run a 4.4 to be mobile. Mahomes is the most recent champ

Jackson met with with skepticism even after Rodgers and Russell

Mahomes wasn't the first qb drafted
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have been doing that for the last decade. Neither are really fast. Mahomes didn’t suddenly make the NFL value elusiveness more
    Russ ran a 4.55 at the combine. That's pretty damn fast for an NFL QB and probably average for an NFL RB.

He's nowhere near that fast anymore though that's for sure.

Rodgers was a a 4.71 at the combine he's probably a 4.9 or 5.0 now but still quick for short distances.