Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kevin Thomson

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

#ourtrace

If anyone downplays this player and pumps up Barkley when talking about Penn St. they didn't see them live at the Fiesta.

I can't describe what a "gamer" is, but I know it when I see it and this qb made every correct decision, was lightning fast in every decision he made, and was smart enough to pick up the 1st down when available and knew when to take shots as well. Could run, throw accurately on the run, and sits in the pocket like he kept his switch and bong in there. That is the only true dismantling of UWs K/Lake defense I've ever seen, maybe a distant second is Stanford in 2017 but still doesn't come close to what McSorely accomplished and I don't even think he needed Barkley to do it.
    His arm was so bad he got converted to safety in the NFL. The only reason was effective was because he Desean Hamilton, Barkley, and Geisicki. He fucking sucks
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Thomson is not big, strong, or fast enough to be a significant difference maker at the P5 level. He is Manny Wilkins Lite, which is still pretty good. But he's not the "answer."

Actually, he reminds me of a more robust Keith Price, a good PG at QB. Good decision-maker with average accuracy and arm strength. Kind of a "gunslinger" (Bonnell, Haener, etc.).

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I see this has become a Trace McSorley circle jerk.

I watched Thomson’s film, because there’s only so many times I can look at the same papers over and over, and he’s actually pretty decent. He might be y’all’s starter. That completion percentage is horrid, but at least he can scoot and make that RZ offense better.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Dude completed less than 60% of his passes in D2...
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Any guesses on the powerhouse programs we were competing against for his services?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,528
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

haie said:

#ourtrace

If anyone downplays this player and pumps up Barkley when talking about Penn St. they didn't see them live at the Fiesta.

I can't describe what a "gamer" is, but I know it when I see it and this qb made every correct decision, was lightning fast in every decision he made, and was smart enough to pick up the 1st down when available and knew when to take shots as well. Could run, throw accurately on the run, and sits in the pocket like he kept his switch and bong in there. That is the only true dismantling of UWs K/Lake defense I've ever seen, maybe a distant second is Stanford in 2017 but still doesn't come close to what McSorely accomplished and I don't even think he needed Barkley to do it.
    His arm was so bad he got converted to safety in the NFL. The only reason was effective was because he Desean Hamilton, Barkley, and Geisicki. He fucking sucks
    Who gives a fuck about the NFL? Rewatch the Fiesta bowl. Watch how he has his outlet in mind the whole time while looking for the deep threat, and outfoxes UW defense and gets the 3rd down conversion seemingly 100 FUCKING TIMES that game. Watch what he does with his feet. Uncoachable.

To march down the field like that against 2017 UW and Vita Vea is amazing. Barkley's TD simply took advantage of that situation.

That game was a blueprint for other teams beating us in 18 and 19.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

haie said:

#ourtrace

Who gives a fuck about the NFL? Rewatch the Fiesta bowl. Watch how he has his outlet in mind the whole time while looking for the deep threat, and outfoxes UW defense and gets the 3rd down conversion seemingly 100 FUCKING TIMES that game. Watch what he does with his feet. Uncoachable.

To march down the field like that against 2017 UW and Vita Vea is amazing. Barkley's TD simply took advantage of that situation.

I’ve watched every game of moorehead’s tenure at Pedo. Mcsorley fucking sucks. He missed a gazillion throws. He was the reason that team was in the fiesta and not the playoffs
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

haie said:

haie said:

#ourtrace

I’ve watched every game of moorehead’s tenure at Pedo. Mcsorley fucking sucks. He missed a gazillion throws. He was the reason that team was in the fiesta and not the playoffs
    T&Ps
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020

haie said:

haie said:

#ourtrace

Penn State scored 38 vs Ohio State even tho Barkley only had 44 yards and 2.1 per carry. He was a good college QB until his senior year without the weapons. The answer is in the middle. He wasn’t the reason they were in the Fiesta.
    Barkley opened the game with a kick return TD.

Two of Penn State’s four offensive TDS were 23 yard long “drives”.

McSorely threw for 192 yards at 6.6 ypa. Meh. He did make some plays happen with his legs.

OSU dominated both sides of the ball. PSU was lucky to be in it at all.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    He doesn't have that god awful slingshot throwing motion that Haener has. Not saying he has a cannon, but he still has way more natural arm talent the fucking midget.

His accuracy seems really bad from what little I've seen, but at least he seems to protect the ball well compared to the last three boneheads we've started.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    McSorely was really good and I would definitely classify him as a "gamer". However people forget that the reason Sam Darnold lived for moments like the 2017 Rose Bowl is McSorely threw 3 INTs including a killer one in the 4th as PSU blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead. His Q4 stats were 1 sack, 1-4, 1 yard, 1 INT on his last pass with the game tied which USC returned to FG range to win the game. PSU put the ball in Saquon's hands to try to win the game and as soon as it went to McSorely he shat himself.

Without McSorely's 2 INTs in the Fiesta we lose by a lot more than 7.

One of my great What-Ifs from 2016 is what if McSorely didn't fumble twice and throw an INT against Pitt in the 2nd game of their season, so they don't go down by 21 and instead win that game (which they lost by 3), and PSU finishes 12-1 instead of 11-2, and we have 5 one-loss teams. Washington probably does not make the playoff (tOSU picked over us despite not winning Big 10, with much better schedule and the committee ranked them ahead of us), we go to Rose and play... uhh I guess Wisconsin. And whole playoff criteria is an uproar because a team with the same number of losses was picked over a conference champion.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

haie said:

#ourtrace

RIP @RhythmicSlappingDawg
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,121
    Here he is post Tommy John in 2016 when he was leaving UNLV. Nice quick release.
    https://youtu.be/1uhJZm7kHRo
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    His stats and size are basically the same as Prukop. Does that mean he'll be benched in favor of a true frosh a few games into the season and the frosh will lose 70-21 to their arch rival in his first start?

Size
    Prukop: 6'2, 205lbs
    Thomson: 6'1, 205lbs

Final year at FCS
    Prukop: 3025 passing yards, 28 TDs, 10 INTs, 797 rushing yards, 11 TDs
    Thomson: 3212 passing yards, 27 TDs, 8 INTs, 619 rushing yards, 12 TDs
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,121
    edited June 2020

His stats and size are basically the same as Prukop. Does that mean he'll be benched in favor of a true frosh a few games into the season and the frosh will lose 70-21 to their arch rival in his first start?

Size

Final year at FCS

I know Prukop is a punchline, but that team’s obvious weakness was its Brady Hoke-coached defense. Colossal fucking joke.

Prukop’s stats are good and he was benched to make way for youth in a throwaway season.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Size

Final year at FCS

Prukop was more accurate though, 62.8% to 58.7%. And far better yards per attempt 8.8 to 7.2

Thomson is a poor man's Prukop.