Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks are not Seattle's team

2»

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    edited December 2013
    As tracker noted, the Packers are the only publicly owned NFL franchise. When coupled with what RD55 said: FUCK THE HAWKS!! GO DAWGS!!! GO COUGS!!!! GO VIKINGS!!! GO EAGLES!!! GO RODEO CLOWNS!!!! GO BONGS!!!! (or in my case, Longhorns, Aggies, Red Raiders, etc)
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    However, the judges would have accepted:

"...they're Sumner's team."
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Apostle of Grief doesn't get it. Should nobody root for a pro sports team because they don't own it? Are you so fucking retarded that you think paying taxes makes UW your team?

I didn't say any of that. Go ahead and watch. But, don't call it our team. It isn't our team. It's Paul Allen's team. That's all I said.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    But what about Race's Heat? APAG's Eagles?
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    so by your logic is the only reason I can say Seattle is my city is that I own a small parcel of land here?
    bigcc said:

so by your logic is the only reason I can say Seattle is my city is that I own a small parcel of land here?

I didn't say that either. Look, if sombody, say John Smith, starts an archery team, and opens an auditorium to watch them shooting arrows, and the team is 100% owned by John Smith, does that mean it is "your team" if you live nearby and go watch the archery? No. All it means is you are watching a team owned by John Smith. But suppose he tries to convince you that the archery team is "your team" with t-shirts and people flying archery flags from their cars. You start believing it is your team. But it isn't.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013

bigcc said:

I didn't say that either. Look, if sombody, say John Smith, starts an archery team, and opens an auditorium to watch them shooting arrows, and the team is 100% owned by John Smith, does that mean it is "your team" if you live nearby and go watch the archery? No. All it means is you are watching a team owned by John Smith. But suppose he tries to convince you that the archery team is "your team" with t-shirts and people flying archery flags from their cars. You start believing it is your team. But it isn't.
    Just stop.

bigcc said:

Just stop.

Fine, fine, fine.... but he asked..... bottom line: it drives me nuts to see people proud of their team. Problem: it's not their team. Case closed.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam

bigcc said:

Just stop.

Fine, fine, fine.... but he asked..... bottom line: it drives me nuts to see people proud of their team. Problem: it's not their team. Case closed.

Your logic is nonexistent...doing Central proud, as always
    edited December 2013

bigcc said:

Just stop.

Your logic is nonexistent...doing Central proud, as always
    Except it isn't logic. Logic is used to convey and prove some proposition as true necessarily from grounds.

In this case it isn't logic, just simple fact. I didn't claim anything other than the Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen. Look it up if you still don't believe me.