Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just Get in the Squad Car, George

2»

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,044 Standard Supporter
    We had a school officer at West Linn High School and have no idea why. Biggest problem would have been dope sales from upper middle class white kids to other upper middle class white kids and the school could have really cared less. Only black kids were the kids of former Trail Blazers. They came from intact families and were just about as black as my kids. Cop lived on my brother's street and would come over and have a beer. His daughter played with my daughter on the basketball team. He loved the kids who were always coming up and saying hi to him. Now I have no idea what a school cop does in north Portland at Jefferson High School. Lot of gang activity there. Portland just terminated their school cop program also.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

We had a school officer at West Linn High School and have no idea why. Biggest problem would have been dope sales from upper middle class white kids to other upper middle class white kids and the school could have really cared less. Only black kids were the kids of former Trail Blazers. They came from intact families and were just about as black as my kids. Cop lived on my brother's street and would come over and have a beer. His daughter played with my daughter on the basketball team. He loved the kids who were always coming up and saying hi to him. Now I have no idea what a school cop does in north Portland at Jefferson High School. Lot of gang activity there. Portland just terminated their school cop program also.

Implying that because they're well off with a stable family they're not black. Your comment is @LaMichael_Corleone approved.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Implying that because they're well off with a stable family they're not black. Your comment is @LaMichael_Corleone approved.
    Colonel Cancel Culture! Ignores facts and instead focuses on wording in order to diminish the larger point. Because that’s how problems are solved.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,044 Standard Supporter

I don't imply and I didn't say they weren't really black. They spoke English. They didn't wear their pants around their knees. They did their homework and were respectful nice kids. Just like my kids. If they were going to an inner city black school they would have been crucified for acting white. It's not my side that doesn't just imply but explicitly states that conservative blacks aren't really blacks.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,171 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

If you don't do illegal shit the police don't bother you.

Often true but not always
    Never did a damn thing without probable cause. No need to.

We never sat around at briefing discussing who we wanted to target and fuck over. I know that's the current narrative but it ain't true.
    That's fine, but don't abstract your own experience across the country. There are corrupt cops and departments all over the place. I presume it's the exception to the rule, but they exist. From what I've read in the past, there was a time it was easier to find a dishonest cop in New Orleans than it was to find an honest one. The entire department was corrupt af and on the take to legendary proportions. To a lesser degree, there were many such issues in Miami, especially during the drug running days of the 80s. Lots of bad cops in Miami at that tim.

Also, "probable cause" doesn't equal "did something illegal."

Also, "probable cause" can be manufactured by dishonest cops.

Again, maybe not you and your colleagues, but a blanket statement that cops only bother people doing illegal shit is manifestly inaccurate.

That said, defund the cops, hating on all cops, etc. is FS. But as we've discussed before, the transference of power to police is unique in our society, and thus why it needs to be highly, highly scrutinized at all times. That's healthy. It's no different than putting the burden of proof on the state to charge and prosecute. We tilt the balance that way quite on purpose.

Still respect your service Sleddy. Don't twist.
    Like dishonest attorneys? I know. Haven't seen it. Wouldn't be part of it. Too much to risk losing via law suit. Guys have homes families etc. Pretty honest profession. Not perfect don't twist. I'm not perfect but I never fucked anyone over because of the color of their skin.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,100 Swaye's Wigwam

I saw that the Seattle Public Schools are going to go a year without a police presence on campus. Rather than being outraged I thought it is probably about time

We didn't have cops at out high school and we were dope smoking FM listening long hair hippie maggot types. Police would have made it worse not better

I think not having kids meet the police for school discipline issues is a good thing if the school does the discipline. They have been farming it out.

The other side of the argument is Parkland where the shooter should have been in active contact with the police long before he killed anyone. But the useless security guard might as well as not been there

Yeah but back then, your PE teacher was a tough liberal logger that would smash your face in you into a locker if you acted up the wrong way.

Nowadays if a teacher asks the student to politely head down to the office because he started a fight, the teacher would probably end up with a 2 week suspension.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

If you don't do illegal shit the police don't bother you.

Often true but not always
    Never did a damn thing without probable cause. No need to.

We never sat around at briefing discussing who we wanted to target and fuck over. I know that's the current narrative but it ain't true.
    That's fine, but don't abstract your own experience across the country. There are corrupt cops and departments all over the place. I presume it's the exception to the rule, but they exist. From what I've read in the past, there was a time it was easier to find a dishonest cop in New Orleans than it was to find an honest one. The entire department was corrupt af and on the take to legendary proportions. To a lesser degree, there were many such issues in Miami, especially during the drug running days of the 80s. Lots of bad cops in Miami at that tim.

Also, "probable cause" doesn't equal "did something illegal."

Also, "probable cause" can be manufactured by dishonest cops.

Again, maybe not you and your colleagues, but a blanket statement that cops only bother people doing illegal shit is manifestly inaccurate.

That said, defund the cops, hating on all cops, etc. is FS. But as we've discussed before, the transference of power to police is unique in our society, and thus why it needs to be highly, highly scrutinized at all times. That's healthy. It's no different than putting the burden of proof on the state to charge and prosecute. We tilt the balance that way quite on purpose.

Still respect your service Sleddy. Don't twist.
    Like dishonest attorneys? I know. Haven't seen it. Wouldn't be part of it. Too much to risk losing via law suit. Guys have homes families etc. Pretty honest profession. Not perfect don't twist. I'm not perfect but I never fucked anyone over because of the color of their skin.

Yes, like dishonest attorneys. But they're not allowed, with the force of law, to put their hands on or otherwise apprehend you. Big difference.

I believe you Sleddy. But you were one good cop who, as far as you knew, were part of a clean team of cops. Happy to hear it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    Alexis said:

I saw that the Seattle Public Schools are going to go a year without a police presence on campus. Rather than being outraged I thought it is probably about time

We didn't have cops at out high school and we were dope smoking FM listening long hair hippie maggot types. Police would have made it worse not better

I think not having kids meet the police for school discipline issues is a good thing if the school does the discipline. They have been farming it out.

The other side of the argument is Parkland where the shooter should have been in active contact with the police long before he killed anyone. But the useless security guard might as well as not been there

Yeah but back then, your PE teacher was a tough liberal logger that would smash your face in you into a locker if you acted up the wrong way.

Nowadays if a teacher asks the student to politely head down to the office because he started a fight, the teacher would probably end up with a 2 week suspension.
    This is actually true.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter

Colonel Cancel Culture! Ignores facts and instead focuses on wording in order to diminish the larger point. Because that’s how problems are solved.
    In a country where celebrities are imploring us not to hate anyone, why is hating cops allowed? Are cops not human?

I await the next Hollywood Celebrity PSA telling us that cops are heroes after a mass shooter walks into the next coffee shop and kills 5 cops at once.

Work is work in Hollywood, and exposure is exposure. Anything that keeps them relevant before they age out of casting.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

And George is a hero to millions of idiots who think the Right to Resist Arrest is in the Bill of Rights. Cop still deserves manslaughter, but I personally prefer my heroes to have performed something heroic. Rosa Parks, Mohammed Ali and Martin Luther King all did something to protest wasn't violent and actually had a cost to them and most of all was effective. George was a felon and the protest isn't to move black relations and forward but are incredibly divisive. It will just end up with more dead black males as the police are withdrawn from black areas of our major cities.

I thought you gals all wanted to be armed because of oppressive government.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Alexis said:

This is actually true.
    I had a teacher in 1978 that was fired for doing exactly this. He’d probably done it dozens of times between 1956 and that last time. The tide changed on him
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,947

In a country where celebrities are imploring us not to hate anyone, why is hating cops allowed? Are cops not human?

I await the next Hollywood Celebrity PSA telling us that cops are heroes after a mass shooter walks into the next coffee shop and kills 5 cops at once.

Work is work in Hollywood, and exposure is exposure. Anything that keeps them relevant before they age out of casting.
    You can hate cops and you can hate white people who aren't sufficiently woke enough to acknowledge their white privilege and confess to their racism.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

And George is a hero to millions of idiots who think the Right to Resist Arrest is in the Bill of Rights. Cop still deserves manslaughter, but I personally prefer my heroes to have performed something heroic. Rosa Parks, Mohammed Ali and Martin Luther King all did something to protest wasn't violent and actually had a cost to them and most of all was effective. George was a felon and the protest isn't to move black relations and forward but are incredibly divisive. It will just end up with more dead black males as the police are withdrawn from black areas of our major cities.

Go Back to the CHAZ, fag.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited June 2020
    HHusky said:

#BringBackOurGirls

J
    HHusky said:

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,597 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Dazzler still riding the misogyny rail.