Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just Get in the Squad Car, George

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Sure would be nice to get bodycam video and audio from all of it but they don’t do things that way in Minneapolis, apparently.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,171 Standard Supporter
    If you don't do illegal shit the police don't bother you.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,044 Standard Supporter
    And George is a hero to millions of idiots who think the Right to Resist Arrest is in the Bill of Rights. Cop still deserves manslaughter, but I personally prefer my heroes to have performed something heroic. Rosa Parks, Mohammed Ali and Martin Luther King all did something to protest wasn't violent and actually had a cost to them and most of all was effective. George was a felon and the protest isn't to move black relations and forward but are incredibly divisive. It will just end up with more dead black males as the police are withdrawn from black areas of our major cities.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,948
    So how does he end up from being inside the police car to back out on the street again?
    SFGbob said:

So how does he end up from being inside the police car to back out on the street again?

That’s where the conspiracy begins...
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,948

SFGbob said:

That’s where the conspiracy begins...
    I saw more of that video just a few days ago and they eventually close the doors of the vehicle with him in it. So how does he get back outside the vehicle?

And to the person who said I was making up my own facts when I said the was resisting arrest. Go fuck yourself.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,597 Standard Supporter
    Fuck. OBK may have been way out front on this....

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

lol

Sure, cop.
    Problem is....I'm a fucking rebel. Always doing illegal shit.

I don't believe the rules should apply to me.

Sledog said:

I'm not posting this to be anti-cop, but that is simply not true.
    Truth
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,435 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Often true but not always
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Sledog said:

I'm not posting this to be anti-cop, but that is simply not true.
    I am posting this to be anti-cop, and Sle is a dipshit.
    SFGbob said:

Usually because they start trying to kick out windows or hurt themselves by smashing their head head into everything. Since he's in custody you can't let them hurt themselves.

Sledog said:

Never did a damn thing without probable cause. No need to.

We never sat around at briefing discussing who we wanted to target and fuck over. I know that's the current narrative but it ain't true.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,927 Swaye's Wigwam
    Has resisting arrest ever worked out for anyone? Asking for a friend.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    edited June 2020
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

We never sat around at briefing discussing who we wanted to target and fuck over. I know that's the current narrative but it ain't true.
    That's fine, but don't abstract your own experience across the country. There are corrupt cops and departments all over the place. I presume it's the exception to the rule, but they exist. From what I've read in the past, there was a time it was easier to find a dishonest cop in New Orleans than it was to find an honest one. The entire department was corrupt af and on the take to legendary proportions. To a lesser degree, there were many such issues in Miami, especially during the drug running days of the 80s. Lots of bad cops in Miami at that tim.

Also, "probable cause" doesn't equal "did something illegal."

Also, "probable cause" can be manufactured by dishonest cops.

Again, maybe not you and your colleagues, but a blanket statement that cops only bother people doing illegal shit is manifestly inaccurate.

That said, defund the cops, hating on all cops, etc. is FS. But as we've discussed before, the transference of power to police is unique in our society, and thus why it needs to be highly, highly scrutinized at all times. That's healthy. It's no different than putting the burden of proof on the state to charge and prosecute. We tilt the balance that way quite on purpose.

Still respect your service Sleddy. Don't twist.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

Has resisting arrest ever worked out for anyone? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, right or wrong, once you're arrested, you need to go with the flow. It's dangerous for everybody if you don't. The good thing about our system is that you can right the wrong later on. But in that moment, do what the cop tells you or be FS and get hurt or worse.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,545 Founders Club
    I saw that the Seattle Public Schools are going to go a year without a police presence on campus. Rather than being outraged I thought it is probably about time

We didn't have cops at out high school and we were dope smoking FM listening long hair hippie maggot types. Police would have made it worse not better

I think not having kids meet the police for school discipline issues is a good thing if the school does the discipline. They have been farming it out.

The other side of the argument is Parkland where the shooter should have been in active contact with the police long before he killed anyone. But the useless security guard might as well as not been there
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

That's fine, but don't abstract your own experience across the country. There are corrupt cops and departments all over the place. I presume it's the exception to the rule, but they exist. From what I've read in the past, there was a time it was easier to find a dishonest cop in New Orleans than it was to find an honest one. The entire department was corrupt af and on the take to legendary proportions. To a lesser degree, there were many such issues in Miami, especially during the drug running days of the 80s. Lots of bad cops in Miami at that tim.

Also, "probable cause" doesn't equal "did something illegal."

Also, "probable cause" can be manufactured by dishonest cops.

Again, maybe not you and your colleagues, but a blanket statement that cops only bother people doing illegal shit is manifestly inaccurate.

That said, defund the cops, hating on all cops, etc. is FS. But as we've discussed before, the transference of power to police is unique in our society, and thus why it needs to be highly, highly scrutinized at all times. That's healthy. It's no different than putting the burden of proof on the state to charge and prosecute. We tilt the balance that way quite on purpose.

Still respect your service Sleddy. Don't twist.
    Creep For President!