Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/work-from-home-productivity-gain-has-tech-ceos-predicting-many-workers-will-never-come-back-to-the-office-2020-05-15

Less traffic in the morning. Some uncertainty coming in the Commercial Real Estate Markets, as companies look to leverage reduced need for office space. This could ultimately be a win for the economy, if corporations can identify performing business units working remotely.

The other Obvious potential positive is greatly enhanced quality of life for employees and their families. Going into the office twice a week versus 5 times For the average cubicle monkey would be pretty nice.

Of course, I suspect the government will step in, shaking their state income ton can and fuck anything up.

You had me at less traffic
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,836 Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/work-from-home-productivity-gain-has-tech-ceos-predicting-many-workers-will-never-come-back-to-the-office-2020-05-15

Less traffic in the morning. Some uncertainty coming in the Commercial Real Estate Markets, as companies look to leverage reduced need for office space. This could ultimately be a win for the economy, if corporations can identify performing business units working remotely.

The other Obvious potential positive is greatly enhanced quality of life for employees and their families. Going into the office twice a week versus 5 times For the average cubicle monkey would be pretty nice.

Of course, I suspect the government will step in, shaking their state income ton can and fuck anything up.

Ultimately what this will mean is less property taxes. I have a couple friends in commercial real estate and one is hustling to change his property targeting and portfolio to industrial and the other is bailing and looking for a career move.

When the rat leadership sees less income through taxes of property, gas, etc, they will become the climate deniers real fucking quick but prior to that you can expect huge tax increases. Not to mention the businesses in and around the large Corp HQ that cater to that 2-4000 seat building: Restaurants, bars, office supplies, etc. they will all feel the pain and either relocate or close up shop. All one has to do is see what happens to small towns or cities that cater to large military bases that have closed over the past 25 years and you know this will have a profound effect upon the tax base and the livelihood of those who depended on it.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,283
    thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

WFH means better quality of life for families? Clearly you don’t have kids, it’s hell.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Now that Every kid is a homeschooler I wonder if Parents can apply for State or Federal Education grants? Divert it from the School construction fund
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,823
    edited May 2020
    LIPO. We just need to get another overall record Summer temps guys in there.
    thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

I don't think very many people are looking forward to working from home long term anymore. And if Commercial Real Estate topples, so does a big part of the Economy as it ripples to the banks

Another consequence of this, as I said about 2 months ago, is that mid and large organizations are now looking at AI with saucered eyes, whereas before they would listen to a pitch about it politely and tell the presenter, "we'll let ya know". Hundreds of thousands of solid family wage jobs disappear when that happens.

There is nothing good about this for the economy other than niche service and distribution markets.
    salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

I don't think very many people are looking forward to working from home long term anymore. And if Commercial Real Estate topples, so does a big part of the Economy as it ripples to the banks

Another consequence of this, as I said about 2 months ago, is that mid and large organizations are now looking at AI with saucered eyes, whereas before they would listen to a pitch about it politely and tell the presenter, "we'll let ya know". Hundreds of thousands of solid family wage jobs disappear when that happens.

There is nothing good about this for the economy other than niche service and distribution markets.
    AI is coming at an even faster rate than I suspected. This virus has jumpstarted an already growing movement away from human workers.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

AI is coming at an even faster rate than I suspected. This virus has jumpstarted an already growing movement away from human workers.
    Confirmation bias? #YourWang
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

And the @dnc had the perfect candidate for the moment in #MyYang butt they weren't chinterested.
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

And the @dnc had the perfect candidate for the moment in #MyYang butt they weren't chinterested.
    Yang's gotta get back in, watch the film, clean some things up. He's got tim.

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Yang's gotta get back in, watch the film, clean some things up. He's got tim.
    Yep butt his messages of UBI and keeping people employed over robots would be wildly popular right now.

Not saying he missed his chance, just saying the dems missed theirs.

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Yes, but also real world experience. I have a half dozen robots doing the work of 8 humans each (disclaimer is they do require human upkeep, so 7 net jobs eliminated). And they’re not even running at full capacity yet.

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Yes, but also real world experience. I have a half dozen robots doing the work of 8 humans each (disclaimer is they do require human upkeep, so 7 net jobs eliminated). And they’re not even running at full capacity yet.

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Not at all related to the VID, but I've accidentally been doing that for a while. I made the tech, so it's hardly intelligent. But sufficient enough that I have someone LEAVING voluntarily, and I don't need to replace.
    I like that Inslee is cancer in this thread title.

I like that.

GO DAWGS!!

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Not at all related to the VID, but I've accidentally been doing that for a while. I made the tech, so it's hardly intelligent. But sufficient enough that I have someone LEAVING voluntarily, and I don't need to replace.
    We hit a scaling issue a little over a year ago and have been working on this for a while. But with the virus we redirected a ton of effort into rolling it out live. I anticipate we bring back maybe half the folks we let go.
    edited May 2020

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Porn is one hell of a medium.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

thechatch said:

Here’s the good news:

Porn is one hell of a medium.