Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cohen:Everything is on the table.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Swaye said:

Hated her at first. Then loved her. Now hate her again. This is how life goes for a long suffering Husky fan.

This is how it goes. I was the exact same with Pete. Hated, loved, didn’t hate him at the end, but didn’t love him either.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,543 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Hated her at first. Then loved her. Now hate her again. This is how life goes for a long suffering Husky fan.

This is how it goes. I was the exact same with Pete. Hated, loved, didn’t hate him at the end, but didn’t love him either.
    At some point in every painful season I wish to god my dad went to UC Davis.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,305 Founders Club
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,508 Standard Supporter

EVERYTHING is on the table?

Truth.

Without JC's sloppy tits in the discussion, this is as informative as a Jay Inslee press conference.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,927 Founders Club

The interesting thing is the AD should have actually saved some money this Spring. No travel for baseball or softball would or should be more than what ticket sales for those events actually generate. Can't see track generating any revenue either.

I wouldn't be surprised if softball is profitable.

Not having March Madness this year put every school in the red.

Especially a school like Washington, who was projected to be in the Final Four!

As to Cohen crying at Petersen leaving, I just don't give a shit. Results matter, the rest is theater. Although a manager crying at the loss of the face of the program plays out like a fart in church on a forum that's basically a big edgelord competition, to a lot of season ticketholders and donors it plays like she just bleeds purple and shits gold (basically, how Cohen has been marketed from day one). I wouldn't be shocked at all to learn that she never actually cried.

I think people give athletic directors too much credit and too much blame. Getting lucky with coaching hires is--by far--their primary contribution to winning. The last 11 months or so of Washington athletics has been one of the biggest sporting disasters of my lifetim, and I think everyone wants somebody to point the finger at. I don't know why Cohen should have been ready for it, though, when absolutely nobody else saw it coming. A year ago, she had a Mount Rushmore football coach who was going to retire here, the top football recruiting class in the conference, a big dick quarterback who was going to finally push the program over the NY6 hump, a basketball coach who won conference coach of the year his first two years, a Final Four team with two lottery picks©, crew progrum crushing it, softball progrum crushing it, baseball and soccer programs... I don't know, I vaguely recall reading good things.

Point is, I don't think she was personally responsible for the above, and I don't think she's personally responsible for it all going to shit. Almost all of it going to shit was completely out of her control. So I'm more, "Whatever. Lake and Hopkins: Do your fucking jobs."

I think it was the Walla Walla billionaire pointed out that when they won the softball championship back in 09 or 08, they actually lost like a million dollars due to all the travel. People love the softball program but it's not like tshirts were flying off the shelves, or softball tickets are all that pricey. Softball does some serious travelling for a majority of the season as well. It would be great if they were revenue generating, but ultimately its just Mens hoops and Football that float the majority of revenue. Peter puffer rowers draw a big crowd on race day but those viewers are penny pinching cake eaters.

Also, does someone have link to Cohen crying article? In her defense I also cried, and am on the verge of tears all the time at the current state of affairs with the football team.
    Row peter puffering has a $14 million endowment cuz rich ass alums. No UW non revenue sport is even close to that. All of the men’s schollies come straight from that endowment.
    They sound well endowed
    Nope.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

I was right about @FireCohen. Are your eyes open @YellowSnow? Fuck you @DerekJohnson for calling me weird for taking that handle. The moment she handed the keys to no ballz without a proper search put the rope around program's neck.

Lulz. I haven’t cared about Husky football in months. Sports in America are ded man.

FireCohen said:

I was right about @FireCohen. Are your eyes open @YellowSnow? Fuck you @DerekJohnson for calling me weird for taking that handle. The moment she handed the keys to no ballz without a proper search put the rope around program's neck.

Lulz. I haven’t cared about Husky football in months. Sports in America are ded man.
    Fuck you Bitch!! Not man enough to admit I was right. Fuck you and your board
    jecornel said:

I remember when tequila jumped down my proverbial throat for saying Cohen was a shit AD.

I was right.

Good to see more are coming to this realization.

Was there right with you

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Fuck you Bitch!! Not man enough to admit I was right. Fuck you and your board
    You never get to be right @FireCohen . That’s the rub. Pete quit before we had to fire him. Jimmy doesn’t get to bomb in his debut season because of Covid. Tough breaks fren.
    Don’t worry he is about to set the program back to sark days

I have a feeling @FireCohen is going to get the @puppylove_sugarsteel treatment from Yella.

yeah sure, some soft ass poster going to run me from this board.

I have a feeling @FireCohen is going to get the @puppylove_sugarsteel treatment from Yella.

keep rowing bitch

FireCohen said:

keep rowing bitch
    You don’t row canoes you incel JAG. Try to keep up.
    Keep paddling bitch*
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,494 Swaye's Wigwam