Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy was this an act of racism?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Posted without Comment. Discuss amongst yourselves. HTH
  • Options

Posted without comment. Discuss amongst yourselves. HTH.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

This tired game of blob’s hasn’t changed in 20 years.

“Only racists see racism!”

“I call Obama ‘O’Chimpy’ because LIBERALS!”

etc.

This has always been a HHutzky favorite of mine. He reads the word “chimp” and automatically his mind goes to black people. Not at all racist!
    Eh. I was loathe to jump into this particular thread and have had my disagreements with HH; and, moreover, I didn't read anyone here refer to Obama that way.

But if they did, it would be pretty common, given the history of the use of that term with black people, for a negative inference to be drawn. There's a reason for it. Or let's just say, why don't you fly down to Miami, head over to Liberty City, find a park, and ask to join a pick-up basketball game with "hey, you monkeys have room for one more?" and see what happens to you.

Why would I call any human beings “monkeys?” Your buddy @HHusky’s mind assigns race on humans to that word, not me. H likely sees that group of ball players and thinks of a bunch of “monkeys,”based on his many years of racism on The Shed and his leap from “chimp” to blacks in this very thread. Don’t blame me for your buddy’s written words and racist thoughts.
    I'm not jumping into the point of the original question. I have never set foot on the Oregon site and thus wasn't there for the context so will leave it at that.

I'll say this, though, to your point: there are terms that are justifiably a problem for some people and not others. Sure, we shouldn't assign words so much meaning, but we? do. Call a black dude a monkey or a chimp, with no other context, and you're going to have a different problem than you would if you called a white guy the same name.

To your question, I can think of a lot of contexts in which I'd call someone a monkey. I used to call my kids little monkeys. I've told grown men that they smell like a monkey or are about as smart as a monkey (fucking around of course). I've called a hairy guy a fucking ape. I've called a muscle head numbskull I know an ape. We've all done this. I've asked a guy who ate all the watermelon at my kid's grad party, "Hey Mike. What's with all the fucking watermelon dude?"

If any of those people were black, I would have chosen differently. Not because I'm scared; but because there's a layer of shit there of which I'm aware and I wasn't motivated to tap into. Maybe if the friend were a black dude the joke would have been poking fun at the stereotype. But I would refrain from calling a black guy a monkey or chimp or ape even if I knew him and I wouldn't hesitate saying it to a white guy. The white guy isn't going to take it the same way. Ever.

You call a black guy a chimp, it's different. It may not be your intent for it to be different, but because of a few million assholes who came before you who actually thought no more of black human beings than they thought of primates, there's a whole different connotation.

Surely you agree with this.

No one was calling a black guy a chimp. On a political message board Obama was referred to as "O'Chimpy" after 8 years of hearing Bush referred to as "Chimpy." What do you think is more likely? That I, a white guy who is married to black woman and who has three black kids is really some closeted racist who thinks of blacks as monkeys, or that I was trying to get a rise out of leftists who thought it was the height of humor to call Bush a chimp?
    I have black friends so I can't be a racist POTD
    Yeah because that's just like having a black wife and three black kids. Stick to swallowing like a bitch Russia collusion bullshit IC, you suck at everything else.

This is where you post your lie that I pushed Pizzagate.
    blob believes he has a hall pass to be “humorously” racist. After 8 years and tens of thousands of posts calling Obama either “O’Chimp” or “O’Chimpy” his thin reed of an explanation is that someone, somewhere, at some time called W “Chimpy”. Pathetic then; pathetic now.
    Get it straight Kunt, I never called him O'Chimpy.
    The Big Lie this early? Bold!
    Now you see why I called Obama "O'Chimp" all these years later is still triggers liberal Kunts like O'Keefed.

The big lie was claiming that Bush being called "O'Chimpy" was some kind of rare event Kunt.
    Try triggering a group of black men with your little zinger and see how it goes. I’ll send flowers.
    How precious. Rats who argued that black Americans were too lazy and stupid to know how to get ID attempting to falsely accuse a man married to a black woman with black children of being racist. Rats who support the party of the KKK and slavery.

You rats are real poster children for all that is bad about our country.
    I never said Bob was racist. I said he should try his monkey joke on a group of black people and see what happens. Sounds like that shouldn’t be a problem for him.

Bet he zips his trap at the cookout and leaves the monkey business for the message boards.
    Why would I call a group of black people chimps? I only call Presidents Chimp.
    Exactly. You wouldn’t. Why does a person’s job leave them subject to racist slurs you wouldn’t use otherwise?
    So when leftists used to call Bush "Chimpy" they were subjecting him to racist slurs. Got it.
    No. And it’s embarrassing that you think this is justification for using it on Obama.
    I thought it was cool to call all Presidents chimps. Liberals certainly thought it was cool when Bush was in office.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I've provided a black singer literally mimicking a monkey or ape on stage and I've provided a black man cracking a whip.

Such Racism and Cultural Appropriation stands perfectly within acceptable boundaries of culture, so long as a white man doesn't do it, or even worse, call it out.

Lighten the Fuck Up, All of Yous! Your superficial arguments over isms are inauthentic, contrived and stupid.

If you need a life, go find one. This shit is Racism for Kindergarteners.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

This has always been a HHutzky favorite of mine. He reads the word “chimp” and automatically his mind goes to black people. Not at all racist!
    Eh. I was loathe to jump into this particular thread and have had my disagreements with HH; and, moreover, I didn't read anyone here refer to Obama that way.

But if they did, it would be pretty common, given the history of the use of that term with black people, for a negative inference to be drawn. There's a reason for it. Or let's just say, why don't you fly down to Miami, head over to Liberty City, find a park, and ask to join a pick-up basketball game with "hey, you monkeys have room for one more?" and see what happens to you.

Why would I call any human beings “monkeys?” Your buddy @HHusky’s mind assigns race on humans to that word, not me. H likely sees that group of ball players and thinks of a bunch of “monkeys,”based on his many years of racism on The Shed and his leap from “chimp” to blacks in this very thread. Don’t blame me for your buddy’s written words and racist thoughts.
    I'm not jumping into the point of the original question. I have never set foot on the Oregon site and thus wasn't there for the context so will leave it at that.

I'll say this, though, to your point: there are terms that are justifiably a problem for some people and not others. Sure, we shouldn't assign words so much meaning, but we? do. Call a black dude a monkey or a chimp, with no other context, and you're going to have a different problem than you would if you called a white guy the same name.

To your question, I can think of a lot of contexts in which I'd call someone a monkey. I used to call my kids little monkeys. I've told grown men that they smell like a monkey or are about as smart as a monkey (fucking around of course). I've called a hairy guy a fucking ape. I've called a muscle head numbskull I know an ape. We've all done this. I've asked a guy who ate all the watermelon at my kid's grad party, "Hey Mike. What's with all the fucking watermelon dude?"

If any of those people were black, I would have chosen differently. Not because I'm scared; but because there's a layer of shit there of which I'm aware and I wasn't motivated to tap into. Maybe if the friend were a black dude the joke would have been poking fun at the stereotype. But I would refrain from calling a black guy a monkey or chimp or ape even if I knew him and I wouldn't hesitate saying it to a white guy. The white guy isn't going to take it the same way. Ever.

You call a black guy a chimp, it's different. It may not be your intent for it to be different, but because of a few million assholes who came before you who actually thought no more of black human beings than they thought of primates, there's a whole different connotation.

No one was calling a black guy a chimp. On a political message board Obama was referred to as "O'Chimpy" after 8 years of hearing Bush referred to as "Chimpy." What do you think is more likely? That I, a white guy who is married to black woman and who has three black kids is really some closeted racist who thinks of blacks as monkeys, or that I was trying to get a rise out of leftists who thought it was the height of humor to call Bush a chimp?
    Yeah because that's just like having a black wife and three black kids. Stick to swallowing like a bitch Russia collusion bullshit IC, you suck at everything else.

blob believes he has a hall pass to be “humorously” racist. After 8 years and tens of thousands of posts calling Obama either “O’Chimp” or “O’Chimpy” his thin reed of an explanation is that someone, somewhere, at some time called W “Chimpy”. Pathetic then; pathetic now.
    Now you see why I called Obama "O'Chimp" all these years later is still triggers liberal Kunts like O'Keefed.

The big lie was claiming that Bush being called "O'Chimpy" was some kind of rare event Kunt.
    Try triggering a group of black men with your little zinger and see how it goes. I’ll send flowers.
    How precious. Rats who argued that black Americans were too lazy and stupid to know how to get ID attempting to falsely accuse a man married to a black woman with black children of being racist. Rats who support the party of the KKK and slavery.

I never said Bob was racist. I said he should try his monkey joke on a group of black people and see what happens. Sounds like that shouldn’t be a problem for him.

Bet he zips his trap at the cookout and leaves the monkey business for the message boards.
    Exactly. You wouldn’t. Why does a person’s job leave them subject to racist slurs you wouldn’t use otherwise?
    So when leftists used to call Bush "Chimpy" they were subjecting him to racist slurs. Got it.
    No. And it’s embarrassing that you think this is justification for using it on Obama.
    I thought it was cool to call all Presidents chimps. Liberals certainly thought it was cool when Bush was in office.
    *eyeroll*
  • Options
    Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

I don’t call anyone “monkey” or “chimps,” but for some reason @creepycoug wants me to travel to Liberty City and call a group of black guys playing basketball those names. Seems like an odd request. 🤷‍♂️
    Translation: "I lost."

You really should change your handle and start over. You suck at this something terrible.
    Can you remember a more embarrassing debut on the board?
    @MariotaTheGawd says hi!
    @Swaye For the Win.

How could I forget that douche?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020

Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

I don’t call anyone “monkey” or “chimps,” but for some reason @creepycoug wants me to travel to Liberty City and call a group of black guys playing basketball those names. Seems like an odd request. 🤷‍♂️

You really should change your handle and start over. You suck at this something terrible.
    @MariotaTheGawd says hi!
    @Swaye For the Win.

He was quite honestly the worst poster ever. And not because he was liberal. I personally quite like some of the libs around here. But because he was a useless turd.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

@MariotaTheGawd says hi!
    @Swaye For the Win.

He was quite honestly the worst poster ever. And not because he was liberal. I personally quite like some of the libs around here. But because he was a useless turd.
    And pretty weird to still be knobbing on a college QB 6 or 7 seasons after he went pro.

Perhaps an Alt of UODuckGirl?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

I’ve always enjoyed the liberal buddy system. Hey Guise, validate me!!

Speaking of embarrassing, planning another meltdown today, Spaulding Smails?
    And you're so fucking bad at this that, even in the Tug, where the percentage of people sympathetic to your views is over 99%, you struggle mightily. Even the hard liners seem to not know who you are or what the fuck you're talking about.

oh, my!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

@MariotaTheGawd says hi!
    @Swaye For the Win.

And pretty weird to still be knobbing on a college QB 6 or 7 seasons after he went pro.

Perhaps an Alt of UODuckGirl?
    WOOD!
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Oh, and @creepycoug, why do you assume there are a bunch of black guys playing basketball in Liberty City? Would it be different if I went to a library there? Asking for a friend.

Because I've been there and you're a lot more likely to find people playing basketball, or smoking crack, at a park than you are to find a library with anyone in it. But I'll tell ya what: go there and find a library, and if you find one, walk in and call the first group of black people you see "chimps" in a desperate attempt at rescuing your shit logic and come back and tell me what happens.

Does calling HH my "buddy" help you make your point?

Why would I call them “chimps?” What’s your point? You’ve butted in on years of Lionel believing and saying racist things because ... why? Mind your business.
    Fuck you. You're a guest. I live here bitch. Move me.

My point. You're working too hard here you disingenuous piece of shit.

You're trying like a fucking worn out mule to make it like anybody who thinks calling a black person an ape or a chimp or a monkey is racist themselves, which is a fucking joke and retard logic on display; and if you don't know that, you're actually as stupid as I perceived you to be when you first showed up.

But forget the debate. Grab your little faggot balls and go prove your point. I've already told you that people call people shit all the fucking time for good and bad reasons. Go find some black people and, as soon as you can find an opening, call one of them a monkey and report back. Think of it as a field trip for retards.

Retard.
    You seem to have a hard-on for calling black people monkeys and chimps. I can only read the words you wrote and form an opinion on them, “centrist.”
    As I thought. No game.

Any time you want to reconsider princess, I'm right here.
    Stop plagiarizing @HHusky.
  • Options

Oh, and @creepycoug, why do you assume there are a bunch of black guys playing basketball in Liberty City? Would it be different if I went to a library there? Asking for a friend.

Because I've been there and you're a lot more likely to find people playing basketball, or smoking crack, at a park than you are to find a library with anyone in it. But I'll tell ya what: go there and find a library, and if you find one, walk in and call the first group of black people you see "chimps" in a desperate attempt at rescuing your shit logic and come back and tell me what happens.

Why would I call them “chimps?” What’s your point? You’ve butted in on years of Lionel believing and saying racist things because ... why? Mind your business.

You're trying like a fucking worn out mule to make it like anybody who thinks calling a black person an ape or a chimp or a monkey is racist themselves, which is a fucking joke and retard logic on display; and if you don't know that, you're actually as stupid as I perceived you to be when you first showed up.

But forget the debate. Grab your little faggot balls and go prove your point. I've already told you that people call people shit all the fucking time for good and bad reasons. Go find some black people and, as soon as you can find an opening, call one of them a monkey and report back. Think of it as a field trip for retards.

Retard.
    You seem to have a hard-on for calling black people monkeys and chimps. I can only read the words you wrote and form an opinion on them, “centrist.”
    As I thought. No game.

Stop plagiarismism @HHusky.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

We’ve already been over this. You see the word “chimp” and your White Supremacist brain automatically thinks of black people. That’s nobody’s fault other than your own. Will we get another epic meltdown today from your country club self, Spaulding Smails?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

I call bullshit.

Your husband should be disappointed.
    Oh no, a fucking liar and moron calls bullshit!!!

Remember where you said anyone claiming the Steele Dossier was used to secure the FISA warrant was a right-wing, tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist dumbfuck?
    Trite as usual, @SFGbob .

Be a better poaster. It starts with effort, you lazy fuck.
  • Options

Retard.
    As I thought. No game.

Stop plagiarizing @HHusky.
  • Options

Retard.
    As I thought. No game.

Stop plagiarismism @HHusky.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

I call bullshit.

Your husband should be disappointed.
    Oh no, a fucking liar and moron calls bullshit!!!

Remember where you said anyone claiming the Steele Dossier was used to secure the FISA warrant was a right-wing, tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist dumbfuck?
    Trite as usual, @SFGbob .

Be a better poaster. It starts with effort, you lazy fuck.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

etc.

We’ve already been over this. You see the word “chimp” and your White Supremacist brain automatically thinks of black people. That’s nobody’s fault other than your own. Will we get another epic meltdown today from your country club self, Spaulding Smails?