Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Caleb Berry, 2021 3* RB, Lufkin (Lufkin), TX (Committed)

12345679»

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Posts: 5,497
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Awesomes 2,500 Up Votes 5000 Comments

I don't really know what to make of him, he looks good? He doesn't have any really special traits, but he seems pretty solid overall. I'm not super excited, but he'll probably be fine. Running backs don't matter that much anyway.

As long as they know the difference between uphill and downhill we’ll be good.
    1to392831weretaken
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Posts: 2,335
    Swaye's Wigwam 2,500 Awesomes 1,500 Up Votes 250 Answers

Eklund says he has a leg fracture and is likely done for the season.

Thats a tough break.
    CallMeBigErnNoWarningJustDawg
  • I don't really know what to make of him, he looks good? He doesn't have any really special traits, but he seems pretty solid overall. I'm not super excited, but he'll probably be fine. Running backs don't matter that much anyway.

Yeah this guy is the ultimate on the fence project.

He's like if you combined Richard Newton and Dwayne Washington and reduced the overall speed and power by 15%.
  • chuckchuck Posts: 4,487
    Standard Supporter 5,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Seventh Anniversary

I don't really know what to make of him, he looks good? He doesn't have any really special traits, but he seems pretty solid overall. I'm not super excited, but he'll probably be fine. Running backs don't matter that much anyway.

He's like if you combined Richard Newton and Dwayne Washington and reduced the overall speed and power by 15%.
    Washington was a receiver and completely inept at reading and setting up defenders and blockers. This guy isn't as fast or as bug as him yet, but he's a way better running back now than Washington is to date.

Newton is a better comp, but Berry is a shit ton faster. I'm not real impressed, but I think he's more promising than either of them, at least at the same age.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Posts: 5,168
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes Seventh Anniversary
    chuck said:

Washington was a receiver and completely inept at reading and setting up defenders and blockers. This guy isn't as fast or as bug as him yet, but he's a way better running back now than Washington is to date.

Newton is a better comp, but Berry is a shit ton faster. I'm not real impressed, but I think he's more promising than either of them, at least at the same age.
    I hated Newton so WTF do I know?
    theknowledgebackthepackNorwegianHusky
  • Isn’t that where everyone hides them at night?
    CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • FireCohenFireCohen Posts: 16,731
    10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments 250 Answers

TommySQC said:

chuck said:

Yup. Boner is a pretty lazy recruiter but the guy does seem to find excellent low hanging fruit. Jay Ajayi and Doug Martin were both pretty lowly rated RB's coming out of HS. Both played well in the NFL. Newton, Sunday and now Berry. All similarly rated to the two Boise players. I mean Savon has pretty much been the only Boner recruited RB that didn't physically punish defenders when he ran. Even McGrew lowers his shoulder and inflicts whatever pain he can. Whatever, I'm forever in LIPO mode with the guys he brings in.
    Lolz
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Posts: 2,019
    Swaye's Wigwam 2,500 Awesomes 1,500 Up Votes 250 Answers
    FireCohen said:

TommySQC said:

chuck said:

Yup. Boner is a pretty lazy recruiter but the guy does seem to find excellent low hanging fruit. Jay Ajayi and Doug Martin were both pretty lowly rated RB's coming out of HS. Both played well in the NFL. Newton, Sunday and now Berry. All similarly rated to the two Boise players. I mean Savon has pretty much been the only Boner recruited RB that didn't physically punish defenders when he ran. Even McGrew lowers his shoulder and inflicts whatever pain he can. Whatever, I'm forever in LIPO mode with the guys he brings in.
    Lolz

FireCohenCallMeBigErn1to392831weretaken