Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Caleb Berry, 2021 3* RB, Lufkin (Lufkin), TX (Committed)

Comments

• louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Pretty sophisticated video. I think if Berry can manage to get pas the LOS he can do damage at the second level, he has good speed and a good frame.

Just not sold on his all around skill set and instincts, don't see any lateral burst or bounce in his running.

I don't get excited about a RB unless I see patience and being able to make guys miss. When you watch a RB's film and they are being effective by just being faster than everyone else that does nothing for me. Same thing with QBs. If a QB's high school tape is just him throwing vertical to wide receivers that doesn't mean much to me. I want to see the QB go through his progressions and hit his 3rd or 4th read. Browning's high school tape was just him throwing bombs.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lol yeah, so blue collar that he produced his own hq video.

It’s a good video btw
    It's nice but I wouldn't get too excited there's no snowboarding.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Lol yeah, so blue collar that he produced his own hq video.

It’s a good video btw
    It's nice but I wouldn't get too excited there's no snowboarding.
    Or helicopters.
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    Just wait till KP teaches this kid to run slow, tentative, and sideways.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

dnc said:
    Jeebus fetters. That's embarrassing.

It makes me think, though. You could take 4-5 good looking dudes, roll them all into one mass, and have it come out looking like Fetters. So maybe it's not so ridiculous looking from that point of view.
    I’ve always thought Fetters was a mix of Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, and Ralphie May.
    Mostly Ralphie May
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Got to love we getting a kid from Texas that even fucking Baylor won’t touch
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

It makes me think, though. You could take 4-5 good looking dudes, roll them all into one mass, and have it come out looking like Fetters. So maybe it's not so ridiculous looking from that point of view.
    I’ve always thought Fetters was a mix of Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, and Ralphie May.
    Which one is Burt Reynolds?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    Jesus. We suck.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

dnc said:

Belly laughs in the living room
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

dnc said:

INSTANT REAX, re: Chris Fetters to DM... another one in the stable for KG as the Doogs continue to move into Whitman. BIG back, shades of Pitt, Gosling, Hardy, Eklund and Ralphie May all rolled into one powerful back. Aggressive downhill condescender w/ shake.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Analysis from Gabe Brooks, who the Huffman and Angulo of Texas.

Evaluation notes: Berry is a good, solid back with the requisite size and a tough-minded approach to the position. He's shown big-play ability in his penchant for breaking tackles at the first level and using above average top-end play speed in the open field.

Berry played his junior season in the 6-foot, 190- to 195-pound neighborhood, but has emphasized the weight room this offseason in an effort to run harder and stronger more consistently. He now weighs in the 210-pound range to give him college-ready size at the position.

Berry already ran pretty hard as is, but that added mass should help him in the box and when finishing runs at the second level. One of the more encouraging elements of his game is his foot quickness in the hole, where he shows the ability to make the first defender miss to extend runs.

There's a violence to Berry's gait that produces some wasted motion and body control inconsistency, but coincidentally, he runs with good enough balance to regularly break tackles and maintain his footing. His production was solid in 2019, but we hope to see more yardage and a higher per carry average this fall.

Berry's most recent 100-meter time of 11.34 seconds is adequate, but he can improve his top-end speed. He has relatively limited experience as a pass-catcher, so that will be one area to continue his work as he transitions to the next level.

Overall, Berry is a good pickup for Washington. He's a hard-nosed runner with some open-field juice who probably plays a bit faster than his track numbers suggest. He comes from a traditionally talent-laden East Texas program that has produced numerous FBS players, including NFL talent such as Keke Coutee, Dez Bryant, Jorvorskie Lane, and Don Muhlbach, among others. He will arrive at Washington having faced strong competition relative to the high school level in practices and games.

The bolded part reminds me of Dick Newton
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    11.34 is not very good.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    Founders Club

11.34 is not very good.

Yeah? What's your 100 time?