Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Damon Huard interviews John Donovan

13»

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    edited May 2020

all the signs are showing that Lake is going to be a colossal bust

Saying this before he's had one practice is nutty.
    Once upon a time I was loudly derided on Dawgman for suggesting Sark was a terrible hire before he had a practice.
    Was Sark a terrible hire? I submit that he was not.
    He's your last coach in some time to get hired away.

So I submit that he's been your best hire this century.

CHANGE MY MIND
    I believe you mean Marques Tuiasosopo

2009–2013 Steve Sarkisian 34-29
    2013 (Interim) Marques Tuiasosopo 1–0
    2014–2019 Chris Petersen 55–26
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    edited May 2020
    Posting is hard
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

all the signs are showing that Lake is going to be a colossal bust

Saying this before he's had one practice is nutty.
    Once upon a time I was loudly derided on Dawgman for suggesting Sark was a terrible hire before he had a practice.
    Was Sark a terrible hire? I submit that he was not.
    I’m kind of in the camp that 0-12 and Tyrone made it pretty nearly impossible to hire a proven coach. Sark was a bust, but the idea of hiring him wasn’t bad.
    DJ said after the hire he made some calls and within 48 hours heard about the substance abuse issues, immaturity and problems controlling his emotions. It wasn't understood why Emmert and Woodward didn't do their due diligence.

The one thing that could be said on behalf of your argument is that Woodward attempted to contact Petersen but Pete wouldn't return his calls.

But I would counter that by saying that Woody was an upper campus bureaucrat who had been recently installed as AD and had no credibility.
    Yeah, the drinking should have been vetted. He’s not the first coach that was a heavy drinker tho. He was brought in to recruit, bring energy, and had the bullshit rep as a QB guru.

It didn’t work out, but pulling a coordinator from a natty contender is a common move for schools that are shitty. We had gone like five years without a bowl game and were coming off 0-12.

I also see the other side and don’t think it was very hard for a coach to get us back to .500 or better in the first year and competing for conference titles by year 3-4.
    LOL

Might as well have brought in Erickson. He beat Sark every time.