Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Reset

Comments

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,291
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You really have to hate yourself first, it just opens the door to finding Ms. Desperate/Needy
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,091
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

You really have to hate yourself first, it just opens the door to finding Ms. Desperate/Needy

I can vouch for this one.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2020

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

Julien being recruited as RB? Is that one of many reasons he's not feeling us?

Yeah they brought it up to him a couple months ago since they only want to take one ILB and want it to be Wyden. They tried to sell it as you can be the next Myles Jack and play both sides but he didn’t buy it.
    Stupid. Not only is Gregory an awful recruiter, he's a poor evaluator.

Simon is better fit. He's faster, more athletic, has great instincts and well above average in coverage (a must in our defense).

He has more upside than Bieria and can stay on the field in lieu of a 6th DB in dime packages.

That doesn't include his intangibles. Smart kid. Excels in the classroom. Strong value system learned from good parents. Had we pursued him, he likely would have committed early and bolstered recruiting.

True, he's not a thumper but we have enough of those on the roster now. He won't make the highlight hit or plug the middle. He does, however, pursue well; he doesn't miss tackles and would fit well playing alongside Calvert or Hemuli. Simon is not a 95+ ILB, more like a strong 90. I'd rather have him than Wyden.
    So on a scale from 1 to Eason how closely related to Simon are you?
    I prefer good Power 5 prospects. Fewer Jake Haeners. Less Kyler Manu. More Simons. More Eason.

If Malloe, Huff, Adam, or Jimmy the DB pass on a player, fine. Bob Gregory sucks. Just like our currently rostered QBs.
    Not being physical in high school when playing LB is a problem. He’s not very fast either and he’s close to maxed out. I’m not sure how you can watch his Hudl and think he’s that good, but the 24/7 guys do too.
    He has above average speed for LB. (faster than the current roster, except maybe Eddie or Hemuli) Much of his HUDL is @ RB -- NAIA like

Two guys I trust, twice have clocked him @ mid to upper 4.6's. He doesn't look amazing in space. So what. Our defense needs a WL that can run sideline to sideline, make backside tackles, and cover. That's Simon.

He's not a .95 TBS darling, overall he looks like a .90. Whatever the case, he fits our defense.

Gregory dicked around offering, and the offer finally came as a 2 way player, which, as described, he is not. Offer him as a WIL or don't offer @ all.

In any event, it's another Bob Gregory, El Floppo production.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    At the end of the day we only truly need 1 inside backer in this class unless there’s some attrition unless we want 14 ILBs on scholarship. As long as we get one really good one like Wynden then that’s okay. Simon doesn’t move the needle in any one direction.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

Julien being recruited as RB? Is that one of many reasons he's not feeling us?

Yeah they brought it up to him a couple months ago since they only want to take one ILB and want it to be Wyden. They tried to sell it as you can be the next Myles Jack and play both sides but he didn’t buy it.
    Stupid. Not only is Gregory an awful recruiter, he's a poor evaluator.

Simon is better fit. He's faster, more athletic, has great instincts and well above average in coverage (a must in our defense).

He has more upside than Bieria and can stay on the field in lieu of a 6th DB in dime packages.

That doesn't include his intangibles. Smart kid. Excels in the classroom. Strong value system learned from good parents. Had we pursued him, he likely would have committed early and bolstered recruiting.

True, he's not a thumper but we have enough of those on the roster now. He won't make the highlight hit or plug the middle. He does, however, pursue well; he doesn't miss tackles and would fit well playing alongside Calvert or Hemuli. Simon is not a 95+ ILB, more like a strong 90. I'd rather have him than Wyden.
    So on a scale from 1 to Eason how closely related to Simon are you?
    I prefer good Power 5 prospects. Fewer Jake Haeners. Less Kyler Manu. More Simons. More Eason.

If Malloe, Huff, Adam, or Jimmy the DB pass on a player, fine. Bob Gregory sucks. Just like our currently rostered QBs.
    Not being physical in high school when playing LB is a problem. He’s not very fast either and he’s close to maxed out. I’m not sure how you can watch his Hudl and think he’s that good, but the 24/7 guys do too.
    He has above average speed for LB. (faster than the current roster, except maybe Eddie or Hemuli) Much of his HUDL is @ RB -- NAIA like

Two guys I trust, twice have clocked him @ mid to upper 4.6's. He doesn't look amazing in space. So what. Our defense needs a WL that can run sideline to sideline, make backside tackles, and cover. That's Simon.

He's not a .95 TBS darling, overall he looks like a .90. Whatever the case, he fits our defense.

Gregory dicked around offering, and the offer finally came as a 2 way player, which, as described, he is not. Offer him as a WIL or don't offer @ all.

In any event, it's another Bob Gregory, El Floppo production.
    I don’t disagree with you on your assessment, in fact I agree. But.... as a recruiting noid on the bored, I gotta address two items.

Simon wasn’t offered late. He was offered June 22nd of last year. Prior to his Junior year starting. And it was at LB. they didn’t start talking to him about being a RB until now.

Just for posterity.
    True but don't tell a kid from Tacoma "we need to see you play in person before we offer," when we already had offered out of state '21 kids. Moronic. Great, prioritize better LB's. Don't offer but don't have delusions Simon is a two way player.

Bob's closing and evaluation record speaks for itself.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,690
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    This really doesn't sound like anyone's problem but Simon's. He's not a can't-miss recruit and it shouldn't matter where our talent comes from, as long as we get that talent (which obviously remains to be seen). We just let a fellow local 4* LB walk to Virginia without offering. Why are we not clenching our teeth about that? We offered Simon a year ago and like FKA said, we only really need 1 inside backer. Shit or get off the pot, Julien.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

This really doesn't sound like anyone's problem but Simon's. He's not a can't-miss recruit and it shouldn't matter where our talent comes from, as long as we get that talent (which obviously remains to be seen). We just let a fellow local 4* LB walk to Virginia without offering. Why are we not clenching our teeth about that? We offered Simon a year ago and like FKA said, we only really need 1 inside backer. Shit or get off the pot, Julien.

He's best friends with the best player in the country, well connected with a plethora of in state talent, and a well above average recruit.

I'm not for taking scrubs to help get their better frens and teammates.

Simon's not a scrub and would be in no way a waste of a schools.

Not getting him because you got outrecruited would be a major failure.

Not getting him because you didn't want him would be a major failure.

Get him.
    *scholly
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

He's best friends with the best player in the country, well connected with a plethora of in state talent, and a well above average recruit.

I'm not for taking scrubs to help get their better frens and teammates.

Simon's not a scrub and would be in no way a waste of a schools.

Not getting him because you got outrecruited would be a major failure.

Not getting him because you didn't want him would be a major failure.

Get him.
    *scholly
    *chin-state
  • Options
    dnc said:

I am not pro Bob at all but I have no problem recruiting Simon as a RB. He is quite capable at the position.

If he doesn't want to play RB that's fine and you adjust and get him here at LB. But they didn't fuck anything up by suggesting he could play RB. He absolutely could.

Agree to Disagree. Wasted scholarship as a RB. He's no Shaq or Jack.

I like the player and a big part of the appeal is the instate influence. If he was out of state and we end up with better, fine. We won't. What about Bob? says we will?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

I am not pro Bob at all but I have no problem recruiting Simon as a RB. He is quite capable at the position.

If he doesn't want to play RB that's fine and you adjust and get him here at LB. But they didn't fuck anything up by suggesting he could play RB. He absolutely could.

I like the player and a big part of the appeal is the instate influence. If he was out of state and we end up with better, fine. We won't. What about Bob? says we will?
    I don’t think he’s Shaq or Jack as a RB.

I don’t think he’s Shaq or Jack as a LB either.

Those two were elite elite athletes. Jack is good.

He’s a step or two down from both which still makes him a guy you want.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,091
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

I don’t think he’s Shaq or Jack as a RB.

I don’t think he’s Shaq or Jack as a LB either.

Those two were elite elite athletes. Jack is good.

He’s a step or two down from both which still makes him a guy you want.

Ah, so that is how they managed to fit so many people into a truck bed.
    YBPE

You win the day.