Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Reset

Comments

• Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Have never watched Simon’s tape, but I look forward to his postgame interviews, espousing culture superiority at the expense of Husky football.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

Julien being recruited as RB? Is that one of many reasons he's not feeling us?

Yeah they brought it up to him a couple months ago since they only want to take one ILB and want it to be Wyden. They tried to sell it as you can be the next Myles Jack and play both sides but he didn’t buy it.
    Stupid. Not only is Gregory an awful recruiter, he's a poor evaluator.

Simon is better fit. He's faster, more athletic, has great instincts and well above average in coverage (a must in our defense).

He has more upside than Bieria and can stay on the field in lieu of a 6th DB in dime packages.

That doesn't include his intangibles. Smart kid. Excels in the classroom. Strong value system learned from good parents. Had we pursued him, he likely would have committed early and bolstered recruiting.

True, he's not a thumper but we have enough of those on the roster now. He won't make the highlight hit or plug the middle. He does, however, pursue well; he doesn't miss tackles and would fit well playing alongside Calvert or Hemuli. Simon is not a 95+ ILB, more like a strong 90. I'd rather have him than Wyden.
    So on a scale from 1 to Eason how closely related to Simon are you?
    I prefer good Power 5 prospects. Fewer Jake Haeners. Less Kyler Manu. More Simons. More Eason.

If Malloe, Huff, Adam, or Jimmy the DB pass on a player, fine. Bob Gregory sucks. Just like our currently rostered QBs.
    Not being physical in high school when playing LB is a problem. He’s not very fast either and he’s close to maxed out. I’m not sure how you can watch his Hudl and think he’s that good, but the 24/7 guys do too.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

Yeah they brought it up to him a couple months ago since they only want to take one ILB and want it to be Wyden. They tried to sell it as you can be the next Myles Jack and play both sides but he didn’t buy it.

Simon is better fit. He's faster, more athletic, has great instincts and well above average in coverage (a must in our defense).

He has more upside than Bieria and can stay on the field in lieu of a 6th DB in dime packages.

That doesn't include his intangibles. Smart kid. Excels in the classroom. Strong value system learned from good parents. Had we pursued him, he likely would have committed early and bolstered recruiting.

True, he's not a thumper but we have enough of those on the roster now. He won't make the highlight hit or plug the middle. He does, however, pursue well; he doesn't miss tackles and would fit well playing alongside Calvert or Hemuli. Simon is not a 95+ ILB, more like a strong 90. I'd rather have him than Wyden.
    I prefer good Power 5 prospects. Fewer Jake Haeners. Less Kyler Manu. More Simons. More Eason.

If Malloe, Huff, Adam, or Jimmy the DB pass on a player, fine. Bob Gregory sucks. Just like our currently rostered QBs.
    Other than Eason, who would disagree?

Just thought it was strange how you kept saying how high character Simon is. Figured I’d rather know now if you are biased on this one rather than four years from now after you declare Simon as the savior in his first game at USC, he gets beaten out and benched, transfers home, does fuckall, is drafted in the fourth round, and you blame it on the coach.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    As for our QBs

Sirmon has his issues ... he’s already tried to leave once

Morris is likely Haener plus but he was in-state and pushed hard early ... you win some and lose some doing that

I like Garbers ... but he’s just a true freshman

So there you go
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

As for our QBs

Sirmon has his issues ... he’s already tried to leave once

Morris is likely Haener plus but he was in-state and pushed hard early ... you win some and lose some doing that

I like Garbers ... but he’s just a true freshman

So there you go

Good thing Sam will be on campus for our next football game
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

Not being physical in high school when playing LB is a problem. He’s not very fast either and he’s close to maxed out. I’m not sure how you can watch his Hudl and think he’s that good, but the 24/7 guys do too.
    And here we are, where we're actually talking ourselves OUT of signing Simon. My god were clueless. Not quite Gregory level but close.

You ever think that coaches look at his lack of development due to high school coaching/scheme/training rather than the dude has the size and instincts and we just need to get him in a real college football development/training program and see what happens?

I'd take a million Simons and Banks over Phonzo Tupatalu, Cooper McDonald, Jackson Sirmon, or even MJ Tafisi (and I'm basing that off of HS tape).
    People aren’t talking themselves out of Simon. There is a decent amount of posters that don’t think he is very good and never have. I have no problem either way. I think he is an avg linebacker recruit but we likely are not getting anyone better and I don’t want to be on the phone late drunk dialing Taylor Hindy with an offer.

By all accounts Simon seems like a really good kid so I hope he has a ton of success.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

And here we are, where we're actually talking ourselves OUT of signing Simon. My god were clueless. Not quite Gregory level but close.

You ever think that coaches look at his lack of development due to high school coaching/scheme/training rather than the dude has the size and instincts and we just need to get him in a real college football development/training program and see what happens?

I'd take a million Simons and Banks over Phonzo Tupatalu, Cooper McDonald, Jackson Sirmon, or even MJ Tafisi (and I'm basing that off of HS tape).
    People aren’t talking themselves out of Simon. There is a decent amount of posters that don’t think he is very good and never have. I have no problem either way. I think he is an avg linebacker recruit but we likely are not getting anyone better and I don’t want to be on the phone late drunk dialing Taylor Hindy with an offer.

By all accounts Simon seems like a really good kid so I hope he has a ton of success.
    YoU uP?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,338
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

proof said:

LOUDER for the people in the back!

Have we already forgotten the state of the linebacking room from last season? Give me all the Simons and Banks for this room. Gregory ain't going to attract anything better. This man played fucking Kyler Manu the entire season and coached wellington into regression. Lets stack the room.
    Fuck. That.

Look, Gregory has fucked the dog in recruiting very recently, and the MLB situation in 2019 was one of the worst things I've seen in purple since Ty, but he turned two different three-stars into All-Americans, and another is on an NFL roster in spite of size challenges. You'll have to show me film of Wellington being awesome before you can credibly claim Gregory coached him into being worse.

I'm fine for holding coaches accountable, but let's call out failings that are clearly demonstrable, like the last 18 months or so of recruiting.
  • Options
    CheeseDawgCheeseDawg Member Posts: 10
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Is Tinae a RB that will split out or he just a WR? I remember a while ago he mentioned they talked to him about RB
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    Swaye said:

Good chit @sonics1993 normally this stuff is in the Wam but I decided to be a benevolent dictator and allow the pours a taste. Also, Derek stopped sending me my drug money allowance due to Covid so this is me acting out.

Because of this move @sonics1993 is swimming with the fishes
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Good chit @sonics1993 normally this stuff is in the Wam but I decided to be a benevolent dictator and allow the pours a taste. Also, Derek stopped sending me my drug money allowance due to Covid so this is me acting out.

No way. I love me some sonics.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

No way. I love me some sonics.
    @Swaye as much as you love tattooed snatch?