Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Helps Utah IMO

2»

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

89ute said:

ntxduck said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

it's nice to have hope that there are probably better seasons ahead.

this was supposed to be 'the year' for the utes, darkhorse playoff team.

instead you 'won' a limp dicked south (despite getting embarassed by trooj), YOU FINALLY BEAT WASHINGTON, face fucked by oregon, and then again by texas.

whit is what? 15 years in? and you're sayin 'better seasons ahead?'

OK!
    Yes, absolutely better seasons ahead. Teams that had 7 or higher draft picks had rosters of blue chips from 39 to 69. Utah had 8. Off the top of my head we only lost one 4* this year and picked up 4 more in this years class. Utah will have another team contend for a Pac-12 title within a few years and maybe finally get one. Building a good team with 3*s is cyclical. It will become less cyclical as we? add more 4*s. That's been the process so far.

Whitt's a good coach. Doing far more than anyone will less raw talent. The raw talent increase every year at Utah so fuck off, better seasons ahead.

Literally the only reason you are competitive in the south is because the other 5 suck ass. Once usc gets rid of clay, or UCLA makes a good hire, or asu gets more talent, you’re fucked. There’s nothing Utah can do to compete other than hope the others continue to fuck things up
    Lots of ifs and buts in there. UCLA - never has never will support football. Now that they have been burned for paying big $$ for Chip they'll never even try again. UCLA has been our bitch from day 1. Only three 10 win seasons in the last 20 years. UCLA will never be worth a shit the rest of my lifetime.

USC - Going the way of UCLA. Admin does not give a shit about football won't even get close to crossing the dirty line they have lived over forever. Until the current regime is completely replaced with good ole boys USC will never do better than what they did in 2016.

ASU - I can kind of see your point here. They will have some good teams but I don't think they will outpace us? in talent. The last 5 years says I'm right.

So @ntxduck if you want to say we're the tallest midget I'd take that but drop the bullshit if or until they have a coach or talent you can bring something better than that.

@salemcoog I think you're right about next year. 8-5 is most probable. This will be the youngest team Whitt has ever had. Let me remind you my stance is better seasons ahead, not better season next year. Learn the difference. Also, I'll go ahead and kick you while you're down. Welcome back to Wulff days. You're now the conference shit stain again.

@RoadDawg55 - cerebral post, thanks. Sure, I'm excited about 4 stars. Some or most of them may be low but they are a bit of an upgrade from what we have been getting, especially Clark Phillips. As far as mid to low talent? Big no on the low talent. We've been solidly in the middle of the conference probably closer to 4th.

@creepycoug nobody wants to be the do more with less program. It sucks, I know. But that is who we have been and I'm taking the position that we will not be that program in the future. We've been trending away from it for years.
    A thorough response.

I'll just say this: USC's central identify is football. Always has been and always will be. There is a small group who wants to make it the Harvard of the West right now, but it won't last. Stanford has that title, and Cal fights them for it. UCLA is on deck, so most sane Trojans know that they'll always be 4th fiddle in their own state. Their alumni also lack that legit snob factor to ever pull it off. They can't help but be a little slimy. Think nouveau riche of California academis. Chip on the shoulder salesman. They'll never quite belong, and while they hate that, they know it. A little Trump-like, if you will. Why do you think so much of the recent academic scandals were centered there? And scandals before that. They are a dirty "do what it takes" little bunch and dirty people like to win on the field.

A very large % of the people who write checks to USC want results on the field, and everybody remembers how much fun they had when Pete was there. They remember winning and want it again. It's just a matter of tim. We? can only keep Clay in place for so long.
    There’s a reason they filmed blue chips at usc. Happy kuykendall is basically most Marshall grads I know
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    salemcoog said:

I stand against creep and Race on SC. I think the loony globalists are now dyed in the wool there and they won't let Something like a Football program be the face of the school anymore.

See also UW 2001-????. They will rise up for a Season here and there. But not by upper campus' design.

Upper campus doesn't have to design. They just need to win the coaching roulette game every so often, like every other program. Upper campus isn't going to try and hire a shitty coach. The AD just needs to not bungle the coaching hire, and when he does often enough, they'll get another AD. You watch.

No, upper campus doesn't help, but I don't think they're the barrier to winning that some do. USC is intensely proud of their fb tradition. It may not be as crazy as it is at Alabama, but being an also-ran in the P12 south won't last long there. Enough people who write checks care a lot about Saturday. They don't have what Stanford has.