Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Helps Utah IMO

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited April 2020 in College Football Forum
2020 NFL Draft by college team
LSU -- 14
Michigan -- 10
Ohio State -- 10
Alabama -- 9
Clemson -- 7
Florida -- 7
Georgia -- 7
Utah -- 7
Auburn -- 6
Notre Dame -- 6
Minnesota -- 5
Mississippi State -- 5
Iowa -- 5
Penn State -- 5
TCU -- 5
Baylor -- 4
Miami (FL) -- 4 stopped here for @creepycoug

Still does not take the sting out of the embarrassment Oregon put on us but it's nice to have hope that there are probably better seasons ahead.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2020-nfl-draft-picks-by-college-team-conference-lsu-ties-all-time-record-sec-on-top-for-14th-straight-year/

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Almost like coaching matters
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

LSU -- 14
    Michigan -- 10
    Ohio State -- 10
    Alabama -- 9
    Clemson -- 7
    Florida -- 7
    Georgia -- 7
    Utah -- 7
    Auburn -- 6
    Notre Dame -- 6
    Minnesota -- 5
    Mississippi State -- 5
    Iowa -- 5
    Penn State -- 5
    TCU -- 5
    Baylor -- 4

Still does not take the sting out of the embarrassment Oregon put on us but it's nice to have hope that there are probably better seasons ahead.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2020-nfl-draft-picks-by-college-team-conference-lsu-ties-all-time-record-sec-on-top-for-14th-straight-year/

Seems like you lost all your talent off of a mediocre team. Lots to look forward to next year!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ntxduck said:

89ute said:

LSU -- 14
    Michigan -- 10
    Ohio State -- 10
    Alabama -- 9
    Clemson -- 7
    Florida -- 7
    Georgia -- 7
    Utah -- 7
    Auburn -- 6
    Notre Dame -- 6
    Minnesota -- 5
    Mississippi State -- 5
    Iowa -- 5
    Penn State -- 5
    TCU -- 5
    Baylor -- 4

Seems like you lost all your talent off of a mediocre team. Lots to look forward to next year!
    Bern. For real.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

89ute said:

LSU -- 14
    Michigan -- 10
    Ohio State -- 10
    Alabama -- 9
    Clemson -- 7
    Florida -- 7
    Georgia -- 7
    Utah -- 7
    Auburn -- 6
    Notre Dame -- 6
    Minnesota -- 5
    Mississippi State -- 5
    Iowa -- 5
    Penn State -- 5
    TCU -- 5
    Baylor -- 4

This
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

it's nice to have hope that there are probably better seasons ahead.

this was supposed to be 'the year' for the utes, darkhorse playoff team.

instead you 'won' a limp dicked south (despite getting embarassed by trooj), YOU FINALLY BEAT WASHINGTON, face fucked by oregon, and then again by texas.

whit is what? 15 years in? and you're sayin 'better seasons ahead?'

OK!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2020
    89ute said:

89ute said:

instead you 'won' a limp dicked south (despite getting embarassed by trooj), YOU FINALLY BEAT WASHINGTON, face fucked by oregon, and then again by texas.

OK!
    Yes, absolutely better seasons ahead. Teams that had 7 or higher draft picks had rosters of blue chips from 39 to 69. Utah had 8. Off the top of my head we only lost one 4* this year and picked up 4 more in this years class. Utah will have another team contend for a Pac-12 title within a few years and maybe finally get one. Building a good team with 3*s is cyclical. It will become less cyclical as we? add more 4*s. That's been the process so far.

Whitt's a good coach. Doing far more than anyone will less raw talent. The raw talent increase every year at Utah so fuck off, better seasons ahead.

Disagree. That was their best team under Whitt in the Pac and it was a 3 loss season where they collapsed at the end, again. And they pretty much lose all of their best players. Nope Ute is lookin at 8-5 this Season.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!
    Yes, absolutely better seasons ahead. Teams that had 7 or higher draft picks had rosters of blue chips from 39 to 69. Utah had 8. Off the top of my head we only lost one 4* this year and picked up 4 more in this years class. Utah will have another team contend for a Pac-12 title within a few years and maybe finally get one. Building a good team with 3*s is cyclical. It will become less cyclical as we? add more 4*s. That's been the process so far.

Whitt's a good coach. Doing far more than anyone will less raw talent. The raw talent increase every year at Utah so fuck off, better seasons ahead.

Disagree. That was their best team under Whitt in the Pac and it was a 3 loss season where they collapsed at the end, again. And they pretty much lose all of their best players. Nope Ute is lookin at 8-5 this Season.
    The entire league will be 8 and 5 or 5 and 8
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!

I remember when I thought like this, only it was after two conference championships, three straight NY6 bowls, and finishing at or near the top of the conference in recruiting for three years running.

Then 8-5.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!

Literally the only reason you are competitive in the south is because the other 5 suck ass. Once usc gets rid of clay, or UCLA makes a good hire, or asu gets more talent, you’re fucked. There’s nothing Utah can do to compete other than hope the others continue to fuck things up
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!

Man alive. Do I ever hate the "does more with less" routine. I never want that to be my? program.

But I chinned you for moral support. The script says you should still be hiding in the desert somewhere, and you came back LIKE A MAN!

Mad respeck my holmes.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!

The entire league will be owen and owen.
    Ftfy.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!

Literally the only reason you are competitive in the south is because the other 5 suck ass. Once usc gets rid of clay, or UCLA makes a good hire, or asu gets more talent, you’re fucked. There’s nothing Utah can do to compete other than hope the others continue to fuck things up
    Lots of ifs and buts in there. UCLA - never has never will support football. Now that they have been burned for paying big $$ for Chip they'll never even try again. UCLA has been our bitch from day 1. Only three 10 win seasons in the last 20 years. UCLA will never be worth a shit the rest of my lifetime.

USC - Going the way of UCLA. Admin does not give a shit about football won't even get close to crossing the dirty line they have lived over forever. Until the current regime is completely replaced with good ole boys USC will never do better than what they did in 2016.

ASU - I can kind of see your point here. They will have some good teams but I don't think they will outpace us? in talent. The last 5 years says I'm right.

So @ntxduck if you want to say we're the tallest midget I'd take that but drop the bullshit if or until they have a coach or talent you can bring something better than that.

@salemcoog I think you're right about next year. 8-5 is most probable. This will be the youngest team Whitt has ever had. Let me remind you my stance is better seasons ahead, not better season next year. Learn the difference. Also, I'll go ahead and kick you while you're down. Welcome back to Wulff days. You're now the conference shit stain again.

@RoadDawg55 - cerebral post, thanks. Sure, I'm excited about 4 stars. Some or most of them may be low but they are a bit of an upgrade from what we have been getting, especially Clark Phillips. As far as mid to low talent? Big no on the low talent. We've been solidly in the middle of the conference probably closer to 4th.

@creepycoug nobody wants to be the do more with less program. It sucks, I know. But that is who we have been and I'm taking the position that we will not be that program in the future. We've been trending away from it for years.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ute - no real issue except USC. They go dormant but they also bloom at times and when they do you're playing for second. And you will see it again. Then they will go dormant again
  • Options
    89ute said:

ntxduck said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

OK!

Lots of ifs and buts in there. UCLA - never has never will support football. Now that they have been burned for paying big $$ for Chip they'll never even try again. UCLA has been our bitch from day 1. Only three 10 win seasons in the last 20 years. UCLA will never be worth a shit the rest of my lifetime.

USC - Going the way of UCLA. Admin does not give a shit about football won't even get close to crossing the dirty line they have lived over forever. Until the current regime is completely replaced with good ole boys USC will never do better than what they did in 2016.

ASU - I can kind of see your point here. They will have some good teams but I don't think they will outpace us? in talent. The last 5 years says I'm right.

So @ntxduck if you want to say we're the tallest midget I'd take that but drop the bullshit if or until they have a coach or talent you can bring something better than that.

@salemcoog I think you're right about next year. 8-5 is most probable. This will be the youngest team Whitt has ever had. Let me remind you my stance is better seasons ahead, not better season next year. Learn the difference. Also, I'll go ahead and kick you while you're down. Welcome back to Wulff days. You're now the conference shit stain again.

@RoadDawg55 - cerebral post, thanks. Sure, I'm excited about 4 stars. Some or most of them may be low but they are a bit of an upgrade from what we have been getting, especially Clark Phillips. As far as mid to low talent? Big no on the low talent. We've been solidly in the middle of the conference probably closer to 4th.

@creepycoug nobody wants to be the do more with less program. It sucks, I know. But that is who we have been and I'm taking the position that we will not be that program in the future. We've been trending away from it for years.
    A thorough response.

I'll just say this: USC's central identify is football. Always has been and always will be. There is a small group who wants to make it the Harvard of the West right now, but it won't last. Stanford has that title, and Cal fights them for it. UCLA is on deck, so most sane Trojans know that they'll always be 4th fiddle in their own state. Their alumni also lack that legit snob factor to ever pull it off. They can't help but be a little slimy. Think nouveau riche of California academis. Chip on the shoulder salesman. They'll never quite belong, and while they hate that, they know it. A little Trump-like, if you will. Why do you think so much of the recent academic scandals were centered there? And scandals before that. They are a dirty "do what it takes" little bunch and dirty people like to win on the field.

A very large % of the people who write checks to USC want results on the field, and everybody remembers how much fun they had when Pete was there. They remember winning and want it again. It's just a matter of tim. We? can only keep Clay in place for so long.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I stand against creep and Race on SC. I think the loony globalists are now dyed in the wool there and they won't let Something like a Football program be the face of the school anymore.

See also UW 2001-????. They will rise up for a Season here and there. But not by upper campus' design.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020
    @89ute, I don’t agree that Utah can’t get better like some here believe. I just don’t think it will be done by recruiting rankings. Jaylon Johnson and Clark are individual players. You’re never singing 10+ 4 star players.

It’s more of a place that sustains a winning culture with 10-3 type teams mixed in with 8-5 teams. The one thing you’ve never had is a great QB. Get and develop one and you could win the conference. It’s tough to do without.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583