Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A reminder re: UW players who entered the draft early

13»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Anyone who thought Ahmed was going to get drafted, including Ahmed were nuts.

I'd like to know who advised this guy.

I was the first to compare his decision to that or Eugene Burkhalter.

I was right.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    salemcoog said:

I was right.

Looks like things worked out of him by the looks of his awesome suit
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

I was right.

Not really. He broke. Aint no money in signing kids that dont get even UDFA money. 10% of 0 still be 0
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

I was right.

Not really. He broke. Aint no money in signing kids that dont get even UDFA money. 10% of 0 still be 0
    Well..it’s a nice suit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    Emoterman said:

I was right.

You are assuming he would've been drafted had he stayed another year. Dude would've been the backup by week 4.
    No I’m not.
    You're saying someone gave him bad advice to leave, which implies you think he should have stayed. It didn't matter if he left this year or next, outcome would have been the same. He was better off leaving now with an extra year of youth in front of him.
    He should have stayed to get a college degree and get out in front of his career is sales.

He never had a future in football after college. When he's cut in August he will need to come to grips with that. The sooner the better

Hth.

I laffed again.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    I remember well his recruitment because his social circle overlapped with my youngest's social circle. Different schools, connected east-side crowds.

He's a nice kid and from all accounts so is the family. But man alive does playing football make you stupid. Some family friend's kid played with Salvon at Juanita and was among a group of them who went D1. I remember actually overhearing Achmed talking to one of the kids at one of those homecoming mass photoshoots about signing with Stanford. He was somewhat afraid of the academic grind. The official word from the kid crowd was the typical shit. That whole dramatic "baller for life" shit that the kids so badly buy into. "Warrior mentality". "Imma just ignore the negativity and keep grindin' " bull shit as if the whole word was against them when in reality they will never again be in such a position of privilege. Yes, I used that word, because it's true. How many other average intellects do you know have access to Stanford? Hmm? None. That place rejects future Rhodes Scholars routinely.

So in all that shit, there are adults in these kids' ears pumping them with all this shit, but those adults are also mostly dumbshits.

This stupid ass kid could have stumbled through Stanford and had about the same football experience and walked out with a free Stanford diploma. Even if he barely got through, that name opens doors ... forever.

What a fucking cluster fuck. I guarantee you he will go into coaching here in the next couple of years.