Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A reminder re: UW players who entered the draft early

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Anyone who thought Ahmed was going to get drafted, including Ahmed were nuts.

I'd like to know who advised this guy.

I was the first to compare his decision to that or Eugene Burkhalter.

I was right.

Remember Ahmeds freshmen year, when he'd enter the game and the whole opposing sideline would collectively shit their pants? He'd go in fly sweep motion, and 14 defenders would FREAK THE FUCK OUT and follow him across the formation, allowing Gaskin to do whatever he wanted to?

Ahmed trading his speed for 10 pounds of weight would be like me trading my rapist wit to be 5'9"*. It's like, "Dude, that was ALL you had!"

*Or trade down to be 4'10" so I could fuck 26 gullible women. Either way this analogy works.
    No. I don’t remember that.
    Me either.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited April 2020

@MikeDamone ballz was more right. Nobody bats 1000

I didn't make an Adams prediction. I said Ahmed wouldn't get drafted. I'm batting 1000

JFC Balls whiffed

Hth
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,216

I was right.

You are assuming he would've been drafted had he stayed another year. Dude would've been the backup by week 4.

I was right.

You are assuming he would've been drafted had he stayed another year. Dude would've been the backup by week 4.
    No I’m not.
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545

I was right.

I got Ballzed
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    Bryant athletically alone should have been drafted.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Bryant athletically alone should have been drafted.

I was going to ask which one...

but then I remembered they were both well below average in size and speed for their positions.
    edited April 2020
    Doogles said:

@MikeDamone ballz was more right. Nobody bats 1000

Classic Achilles heel with Ballz (and TBSers in general) is they can't let the high school star ranking go once you get updated information with their actual play.

It's like anything, there are a small handful of obvious outliers in talent and then there are a bunch of guys good enough that will separate themselves through hardwork and determination.

It's why OKG produced NFL guys at a higher rate. Pete got guys good enough (albeit arbitrarily ranked lower than other guys by people like Fetters) and placed them in a culture valuing work ethic.
    Here's the deal with the Ballz: when you're stupid, you look for the obvious indicators because that's all you can do. I can't count how many times I drove him down his trail of logic only to expose that he was making assumptions, and he couldn't see it because he was convinced that he know what he was talking about, when in reality all he had was what was supposed to happen because recruiting. He also made MASSIVE assumptions about how much better the UW staff was at spotting talent, AND, if that weren't enough stupid for one day, he REALLY bought into OKG.

BtP wasn't smart enough to have his own opinions. He just drafted, and for whatever reason chose to draft behind Ballz, which of course is like adding an exponent to your stupid score.

Surprised by Bryant. Not with Ahmed. Even if Salvon did get drafted he would probably just fall down.

I laffed.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

You will rue the day you doubted John Motherfuckin Donovan
    Maybe so. As of today, though, is there any wonder why Eason decided to leave?
    Oh, I'm kidding. Nobody is going to regret doubting Donovan. There's literally no reason for optimism other than dumb luck.
    I like those odds! Put me down for 1000 sven bucks.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,216

I was right.

No I’m not.
    You're saying someone gave him bad advice to leave, which implies you think he should have stayed. It didn't matter if he left this year or next, outcome would have been the same. He was better off leaving now with an extra year of youth in front of him.
    edited April 2020

I was right.

No I’m not.
    You're saying someone gave him bad advice to leave, which implies you think he should have stayed. It didn't matter if he left this year or next, outcome would have been the same. He was better off leaving now with an extra year of youth in front of him.
    He should have stayed to get a college degree and get out in front of his career is sales.

He never had a future in football after college. When he's cut in August he will need to come to grips with that. The sooner the better

Hth.