Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason went undrafted in first round of NFL Draft

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Those combine interviews coming back to bite him
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020

Doogles said:

The punctuation of last year's dumpster fire season.

3 guys leave early, all on offense, and none get picked up in the first 3 rounds. Couldn't Score points, couldn't wait to leave.

I'm not sure what the difference of pay from first round to wherever Eason goes is, but you got to think he's playing with fire.

It’s a good chunk of money. He was never surviving anyways. If you think he’s good, you weren’t watching.

Easy to cut a 3rd or 4th round pick by the second year tho. 1st or 2nd and he gets at least 2.5-3 years before they cut him.
    This was always the equation which is why if he heard any rumblings that he might not go top 40ish overall he should have came back...

He loses practically nothing if he comes back and puts in a similar/mediocre season, he probably still gets drafted in the 3rd-5th rounds. But he has the chance into playing his way into a contract and situation that is not only a better first contract but more likely to get a second contract too.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2020
    I will die on this cross. He never should’ve played for Washington. He would’ve been a 3rd rounder or better if he would’ve come out last year.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    HuskyJW said:

I will die on this cross. He never should’ve played for Washington. He would’ve been a 3rd rounder or better if he would’ve come out last year.

Have to think that’s what Eason is thinking right now, though it would have been hard to predict 1) Peterman giving up coaching after the Rose Bowl, 2) handing away half the practice reps to a non P5 QB, and 3) resolutely not playing the best WRs for 90% of the season

To your point more broadly feels like he missed the last “big white qb regardless of accomplishment” draft last year - nfl teams seem to be more open to embracing a variety of styles and body types. Feels like he and family got convinced he could get drafted high on potential and physical tools alone, and just simply missed. Unfortunate we didn’t have a better alternative scenario lined up for him to stay - and I’m not sure he would have stayed with Donovan vs even a day 3 projection.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

Not a chance
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Let me preface this in saying Haener sucks

But perhaps we now understand why Eason wasn’t just gifted the job going into the year ... if you couldn’t tell by just watching the inconsistent play in games last year
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know it would never happen because agents and amateurism, but it would be legit if after the first three rounds you could withdraw your name from the draft.

It would be a win for everyone, guys who over valued their stock can see where they stand and improve. The NFL gets another year of free scouting fringe prospects, the quality of the college game would increase. The late rounds are basically as much of a crapshoot as FA guys anyways.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited April 2020
    Eason wasn't projected in any mock draft as a first rounder as the draft process was initially playing out. He also apparently bombed his draft interviews, which likely wouldn't have changed much if he came back. No guarantee next year plays out much better after a season with a new coach, new OC, reshaped OL, etc
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Have to think that’s what Eason is thinking right now, though it would have been hard to predict 1) Peterman giving up coaching after the Rose Bowl, 2) handing away half the practice reps to a non P5 QB, and 3) resolutely not playing the best WRs for 90% of the season

To your point more broadly feels like he missed the last “big white qb regardless of accomplishment” draft last year - nfl teams seem to be more open to embracing a variety of styles and body types. Feels like he and family got convinced he could get drafted high on potential and physical tools alone, and just simply missed. Unfortunate we didn’t have a better alternative scenario lined up for him to stay - and I’m not sure he would have stayed with Donovan vs even a day 3 projection.
    The shit about practice reps has always been insanely doogish.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598

HuskyJW said:

The shit about practice reps has always been insanely doogish.
    Oh? Not a factor at all for a guy parachuting in to a potential starting role, in an offense so complex no QB outside of Kellen Moore can apparently run it?

I wish our boy was a real gym rat and film nerd but he wasn’t, and every bit would probably have helped
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    I'm not worried about this being a bad look for the Dawgs. Jimmy can write this whole last year as a one-off. Lots of variables that aren't there anymore and the QB position is the last of our concerns. I hope the motherfucker goes undrafted because I'm spiteful and I get off on the regret of others. I'm not sure I would have wanted him as our QB this year anyway unless he had a come to Jesus change of attitude. He's a pretty boy. He can take his free Head and Shoulders bottle and shove it up his blonde.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I'm not worried about this being a bad look for the Dawgs. Jimmy can write this whole last year as a one-off. Lots of variables that aren't there anymore and the QB position is the last of our concerns. I hope the motherfucker goes undrafted because I'm spiteful and I get off on the regret of others. I'm not sure I would have wanted him as our QB this year anyway unless he had a come to Jesus change of attitude. He's a pretty boy. He can take his free Head and Shoulders bottle and shove it up his blonde.

I tend to believe taking on a 5 star qb and turning him into a day 3 pick is not the epitome of our? hot and heavy “COME TO UW AND BE DEVELOPED #QBU” marketing strategy but what do I know
    ISHIT
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,101
    Swaye said:

dnc said:
    Hustlin shampoo? What kind of big dick gunslinger hustles fucking shampoo?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzcoF8MnLg

The biggest of big dick gunslingers.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't really give a shit about Eason, but I did not see him plummeting like this. He's a college hack with an incredible arm, and the precedent has been set with guys like Daniel Jones and Josh Allen. Shit, even Herbert went top ten and he's just a hack with speed.

Whatever happened, Eason fucked up by leaving early, which I never thought was going to be the case.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam

Which one is mom? Sister? GF? Look at those shorty shorts.

Wood all around.

Oak cabinets? No hardware?

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

I tend to believe taking on a 5 star qb and turning him into a day 3 pick is not the epitome of our? hot and heavy “COME TO UW AND BE DEVELOPED #QBU” marketing strategy but what do I know
    Some truth, but I’d be more worried if he had come straight here. He didn’t...he came here after getting beat out by a guy who still isn’t drafted as well.