Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Caden Jumper, 2021 3* H-Back/FB/TE, Eatonville (HS), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Our proposed 2020 fullback/H-Back depth chart:
    Jacob Kizer - ???
    Jack Westover - Soph
    Devin Culp - Soph
    Mason West - Freshman
    Cadence Jumper - Incoming

We might be deeper than any team in the country at this position
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Wouldn’t shock me to see Zeke Peuller carve out some time for himself at TE.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The positive thing about this is it implies there is actually a plan and it is being executed.

Is it a good plan? That remains to be seen.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,463
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Pretty clear they added him for a specific role in the offense. He looks like he'd be a great h-back from his highlights. You're not going to have elite players lining up to play h-back in an offense they have never seen before. I highly doubt he gets an offer under Pete's offense, but there seems to be some emphasis put on this new position. We're probably going to end up with a guy very similar to this every other year for the new h-back position.

I doubt we take one every year butt I guess that depends on how prominent the position is in the new offense.
    They are also moving Devin Culp to this position, which I support since he's big, played RB in high school, and cant catch worth a damn. Kizer also played this position pretty well at times last year and I can never figure out how many years he has left. I'm all for implementing this as a position as long as it becomes a commin formation that several different plays are run through and not just a "trick play" formation where the entire defense knows where the ball is going each time we line up in it

Christ. That was the game he let slip through his fingers.
    You saying Devin was culpable for the Utah loss?
    Your kid is gonna hate you.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Pretty clear they added him for a specific role in the offense. He looks like he'd be a great h-back from his highlights. You're not going to have elite players lining up to play h-back in an offense they have never seen before. I highly doubt he gets an offer under Pete's offense, but there seems to be some emphasis put on this new position. We're probably going to end up with a guy very similar to this every other year for the new h-back position.

I doubt we take one every year butt I guess that depends on how prominent the position is in the new offense.
    They are also moving Devin Culp to this position, which I support since he's big, played RB in high school, and cant catch worth a damn. Kizer also played this position pretty well at times last year and I can never figure out how many years he has left. I'm all for implementing this as a position as long as it becomes a commin formation that several different plays are run through and not just a "trick play" formation where the entire defense knows where the ball is going each time we line up in it

Gonna
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Gonna
    I wonder if @Swayes daughter hates him already...
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Going through the roster on gohuskies and he is listed at 6'2 - 270 lbs. Jesus.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter

Wasn't he a high school QB?

Sounds like a future candidate for CENTER
  • Options

Ironic last name
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Listed at 6-4, 270 on the roster as a true freshman. This dude isn't playing tight end for us. He moves well for being 270 so just put him at DT for fucks sake. This whole H back thing is so fucking dumb.
  • Options

Listed at 6-4, 270 on the roster as a true freshman. This dude isn't playing tight end for us. He moves well for being 270 so just put him at DT for fucks sake. This whole H back thing is so fucking dumb.

6'4" 270 is a hell of a lot better than 6'2" 270.

Will be chinteresting to see if Socha is assigned to put more weight on him or take weight off.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Only doogs believe and get hyped over fucking roster weights.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    Given our new offense doesn’t have H Backs can we move this guy to defensive line already? 6-2, 270, played QB, RB, DL and LB in high school. Really good athlete for how big he is.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    transfer you stink, i know you read the boards
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Given our new offense doesn’t have H Backs can we move this guy to defensive line already? 6-2, 270, played QB, RB, DL and LB in high school. Really good athlete for how big he is.

can he transfer to eastern already?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have a feeling he is here to play school given that his position is basically extinct.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    I could see DeBoer using him like SF uses Kyle J.

Or they could move him to DL and hope his athleticism can transfer over, sort of like an Elijah Qualls.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

can he transfer to eastern already?
    He’s likely taking the Draco Bynum route of taking a scholarship and a Jersey away from someone who’s earned it by just staying on the bench just to say they were a power five football player