Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Caden Jumper, 2021 3* H-Back/FB/TE, Eatonville (HS), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    Well, if dad is ex-duck ... I guess I can stoop to that level and say welcome Caden!

Throw out all that gay neon yellow shit in your dad's closet and replace it with purple and gold lol.

I do admit I like the neanderthal unibrow look. Good for him
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don’t like this pickup but it is what it is.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Houhusky said:

Im just glad we fired Paopao, a coach who had every TE he touched at UW from 2011 till present CURRENTLY in the NFL or well on their way. Produced on the field with the opportunities given despite people constantly complaining that our scheme didnt use TEs nearly enough.

ASJ, Perkins, Daniels, Sample, Dissly, Byrant, Sample, Kizer, Otton

Knocked him for shitty recruiting... Fired him for shitty recruiting despite good on field results...

And then replaced him with someone who is equally as shitty at recruiting (if not worse) and doesnt have nearly the track record of turning shit into diamonds.

Any time you can hire someone with that Vanderbilt pedigree, you've gotta do it.

Are we sure William Tarlton "Todd" Turner didn't sneak back in to the AD through the coal chute?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i just glad jimmy decided to start losing before the season started
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

@sonics really hates the offer. Hes all over dawgman talking about how shitty he is

I’ll take him
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Don’t like this pickup but it is what it is.

Would u like it as a walkon?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pretty clear they added him for a specific role in the offense. He looks like he'd be a great h-back from his highlights. You're not going to have elite players lining up to play h-back in an offense they have never seen before. I highly doubt he gets an offer under Pete's offense, but there seems to be some emphasis put on this new position. We're probably going to end up with a guy very similar to this every other year for the new h-back position.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Pretty clear they added him for a specific role in the offense. He looks like he'd be a great h-back from his highlights. You're not going to have elite players lining up to play h-back in an offense they have never seen before. I highly doubt he gets an offer under Pete's offense, but there seems to be some emphasis put on this new position. We're probably going to end up with a guy very similar to this every other year for the new h-back position.

I doubt we take one every year butt I guess that depends on how prominent the position is in the new offense.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

I doubt we take one every year butt I guess that depends on how prominent the position is in the new offense.
    They are also moving Devin Culp to this position, which I support since he's big, played RB in high school, and cant catch worth a damn. Kizer also played this position pretty well at times last year and I can never figure out how many years he has left. I'm all for implementing this as a position as long as it becomes a commin formation that several different plays are run through and not just a "trick play" formation where the entire defense knows where the ball is going each time we line up in it
    #mEToo
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

They are also moving Devin Culp to this position, which I support since he's big, played RB in high school, and cant catch worth a damn. Kizer also played this position pretty well at times last year and I can never figure out how many years he has left. I'm all for implementing this as a position as long as it becomes a commin formation that several different plays are run through and not just a "trick play" formation where the entire defense knows where the ball is going each time we line up in it

Christ. That was the game he let slip through his fingers.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    FireCohen said:

Isn’t the walk on TE we have a decent H back?

Westover is good but well run teams shouldn’t have to turn to Freshman walk ons to play major roles in the offense. Bring them in, bulk them up, and have them be high end special teams players until their Jr year
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

FireCohen said:

Isn’t the walk on TE we have a decent H back?

Westover is good but well run teams shouldn’t have to turn to Freshman walk ons to play major roles in the offense. Bring them in, bulk them up, and have them be high end special teams players until their Jr year
    All i remember he was play when we needed a TE to block in space. I am not expert but he looked fucking good
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Kizer's block in the Apple Cup on Gaskin's run was worth a 4 year scholly all by itself.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Westover looks like he’s going to get injured big time when he plays