Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When do we fight back?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,159
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Fucking tilapia. Might as well eat your aquarium fish.

I like the Costco version. Trader Joe's, not so much.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,201
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020
    Prefer cod for my fish tacos. Barbequed on the Traeger using a silicon mat. Spicy slaw with partially fried corn tortillas. F'ing awesome. Race prefers lutefisk. Scandi to the core.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What is happening
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,346
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Does going into the office and working despite the fact that I'm not supposed to count as fighting back? How about cutting the zip locks off the public tennis court near my house and playing with my son yesterday?

Or do I have to go all Rambo in order to be considered fighting back?

Saw guys playing basketball at the park yesterday.
    M-F the traffic around here almost looks normal. People seem to be saying they don't really give a fuck. Could someone remind me again why Starbucks is essential but fishing and golf aren't?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Does going into the office and working despite the fact that I'm not supposed to count as fighting back? How about cutting the zip locks off the public tennis court near my house and playing with my son yesterday?

M-F the traffic around here almost looks normal. People seem to be saying they don't really give a fuck. Could someone remind me again why Starbucks is essential but fishing and golf aren't?
    I trust you reported them
  • Options
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

I trust you reported them
    If I wasn't picking up 3 large combo pizzas and 5 bottles of soda for the 6 people painting my house and my family (for like the 3rd time this week - anyone else eating like shit these days?) I would have called next.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020

Prefer cod for my fish tacos. Barbequed on the Traeger using a silicon mat. Spicy slaw with partially fried corn tortillas. F'ing awesome. Race prefers warm fish jellolutefisk. Scandi to the core.

ftfy (from a dumb swede that has eaten - slurped - that stuff)
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,159

SFGbob said:

Howard Schultz writes big checks to the DNC

Fisher golfer men don’t.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Holy fucking shit. I don't know why but I'm a memeber of some neighborhood forum BS. I looked at my email from yesterday and some kunt posted the following. She apparently saw what I saw. My response to her was be a good nazi and report them then stay home glued to your MSDNC fear and hate channel because I'm running out to join them. WTF is wrong with people?

Distancing?

"I am presently watching three teenage boys playing basketball at ----- Park... obviously not social distancing, but all handling the same ball. C'mon now! This is how it spreads!

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Golf course by my house has been packed every day. I run the trail around it and there are at least 3X as many people out there than before the stay at home order.

Haven’t really seen any police or park officials telling people to go home.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Holy fucking shit. I don't know why but I'm a memeber of some neighborhood forum BS. I looked at my email from yesterday and some kunt posted the following. She apparently saw what I saw. My response to her was be a good nazi and report them then stay home glued to your MSDNC fear and hate channel because I'm running out to join them. WTF is wrong with people?

Distancing?

"I am presently watching three teenage boys playing basketball at ----- Park... obviously not social distancing, but all handling the same ball. C'mon now! This is how it spreads!

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

Golf course by my house has been packed every day. I run the trail around it and there are at least 3X as many people out there than before the stay at home order.

I guess it's county by county. Haven't confirmed but apparently the hoops and tennis nets were taken down overnight. But why would nazis have voted for democrats again?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,198
    Doogles said:

Distancing?

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

I guess it's county by county. Haven't confirmed but apparently the hoops and tennis nets were taken down overnight. But why would nazis have voted for democrats again?
    I live in Sacramento County, so the political belly of the beast and people are out everywhere. All the restaurants are open taking to go orders. Traffic remains about the same, a little lighter on the freeway, a little heavier through the neighborhood.

I think people get upset when they see people going out because it minimizes their perceived bravery in this historical moment.

Everyone wants to feel like they lived through something of significance, to wear a scar and be “Boston Strong” or whatever.

I think the carona Pandemic gives a lot of Self important people a sense of purpose. Shaming others for not “taking it seriously” is just the natural evolution of it all.
    Very true. Each time we do a Zoom call with friends, the first 20 minutes are spent talking about what they’re doing to flatten the curve and how they can’t even take walks because people don’t give them space on the crosswalks.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    MelloDawg said:

Doogles said:

Distancing?

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

I live in Sacramento County, so the political belly of the beast and people are out everywhere. All the restaurants are open taking to go orders. Traffic remains about the same, a little lighter on the freeway, a little heavier through the neighborhood.

I think people get upset when they see people going out because it minimizes their perceived bravery in this historical moment.

Everyone wants to feel like they lived through something of significance, to wear a scar and be “Boston Strong” or whatever.

I think the carona Pandemic gives a lot of Self important people a sense of purpose. Shaming others for not “taking it seriously” is just the natural evolution of it all.
    Very true. Each time we do a Zoom call with friends, the first 20 minutes are spent talking about what they’re doing to flatten the curve and how they can’t even take walks because people don’t give them space on the crosswalks.

Don't talk to friends

Case closed
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

My cousin said she was mad when people walked down the same aisle as her in a grocery store. Then the other cousin and my mom were praising Trader Ho for limiting people. What the hell country am I living in? This is not a war. I was pissed at Trader Joe's for forcing a line to build up. 99% of the virus virtue signalers are women or pussies. It's pathetic to see people lose their minds over this. Sure, if 500,000 people died in a week, it's time to worry. Now it's just media fear mongering.

The reality is the environment is so toxic we can’t even get a pandemic right.

It should be clear cut, either it is or isn’t, black or white.

No doubt Covid is a closer, if you’re one foot in the grave or compromised you should be in a bubble right now.

If we were really in a true pandemic we’d know, there wouldn’t be debate and funny numbers.

All this other stuff is intentional noise.
    I binged through most of this audiobook today

In his pandemic chapter, which is accidentally hugely topical, Carlin said 25% of the Spanish Flu 75 million deaths happened in under 24 weeks.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

Why wait? Fight back now, champ! Let 'em have it! You've got the guns and ammo to pull it off, right?

Stand down little man. Not everything has to be handled with violence.
    You're not going to handle it at all, fuckwit. You're going to cry like the little bitch you are about something you have no control over and you're going to pretend you have some sort of influence you clearly don't have.

But you keep pretendin' if it makes you feel like you matter. You don't, and nobody gives a fuck what you think. That's why you're fighting back in the Tug whikle you sit at home in real life. Fuck off.

I've been asked to speak before my local BOS to try and help get some shit straightened out as it pertains to one particular issue. I personally don't believe it will make a difference but, as you say I won't, someone has to try. The reality is the local decisions are being made by a couple of bueracrats in the department of health who have never had so much power in their lives and they almost answer to no one. I have to believe you feel the same about your passion (fishing). That one makes even less sense than golfing.
    Who do you figure has the power to make things go back to "normal"?

Nobody, that's who. The consumer will decide, as always. Once you can fill a restaurant, airplane, hotel or movie theater, then we're back. Nobody is going to make that decision other than the people willing to go, though. At this point, I'm not going.

Mass testing for the virus AND antibodies or a vaccine is the only way that happens, IMO. You can open the rivers, it still won't fix anything. You can open the restaurants - they'll just be empty. Trump should be rolling out tests by the millions so he can claim he rescued us, because for once, it would be true. Instead, he's arguing against mass testing. I'd be surprised if I wasn't used to him fucking everything up already.

So no one has the power to make things back to normal? That would be the ones who took us out of normal, the Governors.

And newsflash, the planes are still flying. The restaurants are still open. If the Governor authorized it today, for in person dining, they would be busy the next day.