Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When do we fight back?

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

@dflea is going off the deep end - they better open up fishing - and soon

Seriously.

This shit isn't funny. I'm hanging on by a thread.
    You down with tossing some Charmin with the Throbber then?
    I'm more down with tossing a pink rubber worm into the Queets river as a form of protest.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

Why wait? Fight back now, champ! Let 'em have it! You've got the guns and ammo to pull it off, right?

Stand down little man. Not everything has to be handled with violence.
    dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

Why wait? Fight back now, champ! Let 'em have it! You've got the guns and ammo to pull it off, right?

You're not going to handle it at all, fuckwit. You're going to cry like the little bitch you are about something you have no control over and you're going to pretend you have some sort of influence you clearly don't have.

But you keep pretendin' if it makes you feel like you matter. You don't, and nobody gives a fuck what you think. That's why you're fighting back in the Tug whikle you sit at home in real life. Fuck off.

I've been asked to speak before my local BOS to try and help get some shit straightened out as it pertains to one particular issue. I personally don't believe it will make a difference but, as you say I won't, someone has to try. The reality is the local decisions are being made by a couple of bueracrats in the department of health who have never had so much power in their lives and they almost answer to no one. I have to believe you feel the same about your passion (fishing). That one makes even less sense than golfing.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

You're not going to handle it at all, fuckwit. You're going to cry like the little bitch you are about something you have no control over and you're going to pretend you have some sort of influence you clearly don't have.

But you keep pretendin' if it makes you feel like you matter. You don't, and nobody gives a fuck what you think. That's why you're fighting back in the Tug whikle you sit at home in real life. Fuck off.

I've been asked to speak before my local BOS to try and help get some shit straightened out as it pertains to one particular issue. I personally don't believe it will make a difference but, as you say I won't, someone has to try. The reality is the local decisions are being made by a couple of bueracrats in the department of health who have never had so much power in their lives and they almost answer to no one. I have to believe you feel the same about your passion (fishing). That one makes even less sense than golfing.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

I've been asked to speak before my local KKK to try and help get some shit straightened out as it pertains to one particular issue. I personally don't believe it will make a difference but, as you say I won't, someone has to try. The reality is the local decisions are being made by a couple of bueracrats in the department of health who have never had so much power in their lives and they almost answer to no one. I have to believe you feel the same about your passion (fishing). That one makes even less sense than golfing.
    Low tweak
  • Options
    Founders Club

dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

I've been asked to speak before my local KKK to try and help get some shit straightened out as it pertains to one particular issue. I personally don't believe it will make a difference but, as you say I won't, someone has to try. The reality is the local decisions are being made by a couple of bueracrats in the department of health who have never had so much power in their lives and they almost answer to no one. I have to believe you feel the same about your passion (fishing). That one makes even less sense than golfing.
    Low tweak
    Dflea doesn't need your reach around. Shell Mays would be surprised I was in the KKK
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,204
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020

Spot on. This has quickly (and predictably) shifted from a supply chain/health crisis to a power struggle and a chance for a few to claim victory and salvage some sort of future relevance.

Inslee looks like Steve Tasker chasing after Leon Lett in a blowout.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

Who do you figure has the power to make things go back to "normal"?

Nobody, that's who. The consumer will decide, as always. Once you can fill a restaurant, airplane, hotel or movie theater, then we're back. Nobody is going to make that decision other than the people willing to go, though. At this point, I'm not going.

Mass testing for the virus AND antibodies or a vaccine is the only way that happens, IMO. You can open the rivers, it still won't fix anything. You can open the restaurants - they'll just be empty. Trump should be rolling out tests by the millions so he can claim he rescued us, because for once, it would be true. Instead, he's arguing against mass testing. I'd be surprised if I wasn't used to him fucking everything up already.
    Is he really? Now that's fucked up because virtually everyone has agreed that this mass testing is going to be required. What's his argument against it? Why not go fishing anyway? How much is the fine? I'm going onto BLM land to my gold claim with a cop buddy this week. Don't know and don't care if CA has banned it.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

Nobody, that's who. The consumer will decide, as always. Once you can fill a restaurant, airplane, hotel or movie theater, then we're back. Nobody is going to make that decision other than the people willing to go, though. At this point, I'm not going.

Mass testing for the virus AND antibodies or a vaccine is the only way that happens, IMO. You can open the rivers, it still won't fix anything. You can open the restaurants - they'll just be empty. Trump should be rolling out tests by the millions so he can claim he rescued us, because for once, it would be true. Instead, he's arguing against mass testing. I'd be surprised if I wasn't used to him fucking everything up already.
    Is he really? Now that's fucked up because virtually everyone has agreed that this mass testing is going to be required. What's his argument against it? Why not go fishing anyway? How much is the fine? I'm going onto BLM land to my gold claim with a cop buddy this week. Don't know and don't care if CA has banned it.
    I don't blame you. What's the worst thing that will happen? Some fuckhead will tell you to go home. These local control decisions are stupid and will have no effect at all on the outcome of this outbreak. It's just a "look at our virtue!" issue.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,204
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

lol

Everyone agrees mass anti body testing would get things open as it would show is what we already know. It would also show that social distancing and shutdown isn’t what curbed this thing and would take the glory away from the governors and the CDC. Something tells me that there will be some sort of regulatory problem on rolling it out. Would make too many on both sides looks bad.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Does going into the office and working despite the fact that I'm not supposed to count as fighting back? How about cutting the zip locks off the public tennis court near my house and playing with my son yesterday?

Or do I have to go all Rambo in order to be considered fighting back?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

About 10 days from now.

In any west coast state? Unlikely. I think May is going to be interesting either way.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    edited April 2020
    MelloDawg said:

About 10 days from now.

In any west coast state? Unlikely. I think May is going to be interesting either way.
    Some of us don’t live within 50 miles of the coast.

There’s a whole ‘nuther world out there east of Issaquah, fren.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Does going into the office and working despite the fact that I'm not supposed to count as fighting back? How about cutting the zip locks off the public tennis court near my house and playing with my son yesterday?

Or do I have to go all Rambo in order to be considered fighting back?

Did you really cut the zip locks? Fuck yes that counts as fighting back! Good for you Bob!
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

About 10 days from now.

Yeah I’ve wondered what the public reaction is east of the mountains. What are people going to do? Recite the Declaration of Independence when confronted like the pastor in Louisiana is doing? I think you’ll get the odd group here and there rebelling and it’ll get shut down, probably even through May. I get it though, being the fence sitter that I am, that it’s aggravating.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,413
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,413
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

About 10 days from now.

I always thought Mello lived in Fremont
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

About 10 days from now.

I always thought Mello lived in Fremont
    I married into the Eastside with my heterosexual life partner