Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

And most of the kids I saw walking to school today had masks on. Some of them walking alone. In Seattle, we follow the science. FUCK THE KIDS.
    Been saying this since early on. Glad we didn't compromise my kids education for safety theater.

The wife is seeing an average developmental delay of 1-2 yrs with kids at her work.
    At the local public school, kids are still required to wear masks. The pledge of allegiance is replaced with a land acknowledgement statement. School elections are banned because inclusion and equity. Advanced math is gone because equity. The teacher that ran the school musical is gone, because equity. The parents tried to raise money to keep her, but the school auction is also gone because equity. That's why my kids go to catholic school now.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,331
    Standard Supporter
    If only Washington and Oregon had passed massive tax hikes to fully fund education. Oh, that's right, they did. And for some reason, with all that money, actual education has gotten worse. Go figure.
    hardhat said:

hardhat said:

And most of the kids I saw walking to school today had masks on. Some of them walking alone. In Seattle, we follow the science. FUCK THE KIDS.
    Been saying this since early on. Glad we didn't compromise my kids education for safety theater.

The wife is seeing an average developmental delay of 1-2 yrs with kids at her work.
    At the local public school, kids are still required to wear masks. The pledge of allegiance is replaced with a land acknowledgement statement. School elections are banned because inclusion and equity. Advanced math is gone because equity. The teacher that ran the school musical is gone, because equity. The parents tried to raise money to keep her, but the school auction is also gone because equity. That's why my kids go to catholic school now.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,391
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Simply child abuse.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If only Washington and Oregon had passed massive tax hikes to fully fund education. Oh, that's right, they did. And for some reason, with all that money, actual education has gotten worse. Go figure.

hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Not only that, schools are back to begging taxpayers to pass levies. Levies were supposed to be capped at $1.50. I don’t think that cap lasted even a year. The whole thing was to equal rich and poor districts. As usual, everything the touch turns to shit.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Not only that, schools are back to begging taxpayers to pass levies. Levies were supposed to be capped at $1.50. I don’t think that cap lasted even a year. The whole thing was to equal rich and poor districts. As usual, everything the touch turns to shit.
    What did it cost to "educate" students during the entire length of the lockdowns? Our district is begging right now. All of the usual heartstring stuff about cutting this program and that program. WTH, this district should be swimming in $$$$. Every time I turn around they're tearing a school down and building a Taj Mahal in it's place. Or a brand new one like the GS that looks like a corporate HQ.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

@HHusky really wanted a polish dog without putting his life in danger

I was told we needed to fear violence from the anti-maskers.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    These people would rather put themselves through the Cersei Walk of Shame instead of just having their groceries delivered. Incredible.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Racist white guy hits dirty disease carrying black man

Checks out
    Crispened
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

Racist white guy hits dirty disease carrying black man

Checks out
    Crispened
    hhusky is really sad and desperate these days. Did his dad work at costco?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022

hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Here's what I saw in the publics with my kids: Equity was used as a label for jealous non-minority parents to fuck over their non-minority peers at better schools, in better neighborhoods, or with what they perceived were better teachers and/or school leadership. If everyone at your school got along well and was happy, they instantly got a target on their back.

In Seattle, the idea of equity meant killing any program or school that delivered above average instruction or curricula, or had too much parental involvement. Good ideas and programs were never shared or spread, although that was the School Board and SI's promise. Instead, they took away all the nice stuff so every kid had to live in the drabness and mediocrity of government provided anything.

Why Seattleites continue to support levies is beyond me.
    I haven't lived there in 16 years, but I knew a "non-minority" SJW (he's even worse than Kobe) that has exactly that mindset. He even went to private school for a few years and an expensive private college. But everyone has to be equal. If a kid's smart, bring them down. He doesn't like grades...

I'm all for helping disadvantaged types, but you can do it without making everyone else suffer. Typical commies see everything as a zero sum game.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Here's what I saw in the publics with my kids: Equity was used as a label for jealous non-minority parents to fuck over their non-minority peers at better schools, in better neighborhoods, or with what they perceived were better teachers and/or school leadership. If everyone at your school got along well and was happy, they instantly got a target on their back.

In Seattle, the idea of equity meant killing any program or school that delivered above average instruction or curricula, or had too much parental involvement. Good ideas and programs were never shared or spread, although that was the School Board and SI's promise. Instead, they took away all the nice stuff so every kid had to live in the drabness and mediocrity of government provided anything.

Why Seattleites continue to support levies is beyond me.
    I haven't lived there in 16 years, but I knew a "non-minority" SJW (he's even worse than Kobe) that has exactly that mindset. He even went to private school for a few years and an expensive private college. But everyone has to be equal. If a kid's smart, bring them down. He doesn't like grades...

I'm all for helping disadvantaged types, but you can do it without making everyone else suffer. Typical commies see everything as a zero sum game.
    It's so much easier to "close the Achievement Gap" by peeling off and driving away the high performing kids than to educate and bring up the kids who reside at the bottom of the gap and don't give two fucks about school or education. Making everyone equally stupid, in other words, is way, way easier than making bad students into good ones.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Plus some portion of the population that didn't test positive for the antibodies to the chicom crud were immune through T cells which had been activated by prior coronavirus infection. So, we locked down the schools but 3/4 of the kids got it anyway. Phucking brilliant work by Dr. Fow Chee.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/04/the-futility-of-suppression.php

THE FUTILITY OF SUPPRESSION
    Kevin Roche writes to alert us to the new CDC study (highlighted in the Star Tribune this morning) on the overall prevalence of Covid-19 infection in the United States. Six in 10 Minnesotans have contracted the virus. “More than half of Americans and three-fourths of kids already had a bout with the virus by late February,” according to the Star Tribune story. The CDC study is posted here.

Kevin comments:

To me, the high level of prevalence, especially among younger age groups, highlights the absolute futility of trying to suppress a contagious respiratory virus. Prominent scientists warned us of this. When you think about what the efforts to suppress the virus cost us in so many ways, only to end up with most of the population infected anyway, it should really cause everyone to demand a complete overhaul of public health authorities.

Kevin’s Healthy Skeptic post on the study is here.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    And the dems say "follow the science". Voting for any dem is self-flagellation.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/04/more-evidence-that-masks-dont-work.php

MORE EVIDENCE THAT MASKS DON’T WORK
    With airports and airplanes now liberated, masks are becoming a rarity. That is a good thing, as there was never any substantial evidence that masks work. This study of 35 European countries during the period from October 1 2020 to March 31, 2021, when the second covid wave passed through that continent, could put the last nail in the mask coffin.

The study plotted the percentage of mask compliance in each country against covid cases and deaths. The author evidently expected to demonstrate the utility of masks, but was disappointed:

The aim of this short study was to analyse the correlation between mask usage against morbidity and mortality rates in the 2020-2021 winter in Europe. Data from 35 European countries on morbidity, mortality, and mask usage during a six-month period were analysed and crossed. Mask usage was more homogeneous in Eastern Europe than in Western European countries. Spearman’s correlation coefficients between mask usage and COVID-19 outcomes were either null or positive, depending on the subgroup of countries and type of outcome (cases or deaths). Positive correlations were stronger in Western than in Eastern European countries. These findings indicate that countries with high levels of mask compliance did not perform better than those with low mask usage.

Actually, it suggests that countries with more mask compliance did worse. A positive correlation means that more masks corresponded to more deaths.

Surprisingly, weak positive correlations were observed when mask compliance was plotted against morbidity (cases/million) or mortality (deaths/million) in each country (Figure 3).

I.e., more masks = more cases and more deaths.
    This is the study’s conclusion:

While no cause-effect conclusions could be inferred from this observational analysis, the lack of negative correlations between mask usage and COVID-19 cases and deaths suggest that the widespread use of masks at a time when an effective intervention was most needed, i.e., during the strong 2020-2021 autumn-winter peak, was not able to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Moreover, the moderate positive correlation between mask usage and deaths in Western Europe also suggests that the universal use of masks may have had harmful unintended consequences.

I credit the study’s author for his honesty.