Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    For all those fauci lovers out there, here’s a tweet series on his not so sterling career.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    Founders Club

He's a faggot

Worse, he kills them
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Here’s what it feels like. My cough and fever disappeared after two weeks. But I was left unable to participate in my normal life. I woke up most days with severe pain in my limbs, like broken bones. I was so short of breath I could not make it up the two flights of stairs in the house without gasping. Severe headaches would come and go. Complex mental tasks were impossible. I’d find myself reading and re-reading the same email, unable to make sense of it.

Worst was the crushing fatigue. Every afternoon I would stagger to my couch and collapse asleep for hours in the middle of the day, regardless of what impact it had on my work or my family. I might feel better for a day or two, but I would inevitably crash again. I’d send hastily scribbled emails to cancel meetings before I passed out. The food I’d bought to cook my family for dinner rotted in the fridge.

Man, sorry to hear how sick you've been. How old are you? I know older people who've had it and their symptoms were nothing like what you're describing. People do die from just the regular flu all the time. Here's to hoping you heal 100%. Hopefully the silver lining is you'll never get this shit again.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

doogie said:

Here’s what it feels like. My cough and fever disappeared after two weeks. But I was left unable to participate in my normal life. I woke up most days with severe pain in my limbs, like broken bones. I was so short of breath I could not make it up the two flights of stairs in the house without gasping. Severe headaches would come and go. Complex mental tasks were impossible. I’d find myself reading and re-reading the same email, unable to make sense of it.

Worst was the crushing fatigue. Every afternoon I would stagger to my couch and collapse asleep for hours in the middle of the day, regardless of what impact it had on my work or my family. I might feel better for a day or two, but I would inevitably crash again. I’d send hastily scribbled emails to cancel meetings before I passed out. The food I’d bought to cook my family for dinner rotted in the fridge.

Man, sorry to hear how sick you've been. How old are you? I know older people who've had it and their symptoms were nothing like what you're describing. People do die from just the regular flu all the time. Here's to hoping you heal 100%. Hopefully the silver lining is you'll never get this shit again.
    I guess I got wooshed. I couldn't remember who it was on this site a couple weeks ago talking about how he still doesn’t have his sense of smell back. I don't want to talk shit to anyone who has been hit hard. I got hit hard in February but who the fuck cares. It was a bad flu.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I'd rather it be that masks were effective. It feels like the powers that be know masks aren't terribly effective too, hence no reopening.

Watching football (college and pro) this weekend for the first time in a long time...the one thing I noticed is the sheer number of times people were grabbing and adjusting their masks while on the sideline. If anyone watches that and thinks those masks are somehow protecting anyone from anything (including not spreading it which is really what the mask is for) than there is no help for them...

There was an Amazon as last during Seahawks game. One person on camera only. In several shots, he’s shown wearing a mask. It’s theater.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'd rather it be that masks were effective. It feels like the powers that be know masks aren't terribly effective too, hence no reopening.

Watching football (college and pro) this weekend for the first time in a long time...the one thing I noticed is the sheer number of times people were grabbing and adjusting their masks while on the sideline. If anyone watches that and thinks those masks are somehow protecting anyone from anything (including not spreading it which is really what the mask is for) than there is no help for them...

I can verify this. Everyone at my store touches and adjusts their masks hundreds of times a day. We all wash our hands probably eight times in a shift. No one has gotten the Vid in seven months. It’s a joke. For a mask to work you should replace it every time you touch it or take it off. No one here does that. Washing your hands is probably the absolute best thing you can do to stay healthy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I can verify this. Everyone at my store touches and adjusts their masks hundreds of times a day. We all wash our hands probably eight times in a shift. No one has gotten the Vid in seven months. It’s a joke. For a mask to work you should replace it every time you touch it or take it off. No one here does that. Washing your hands Masturbating furiously is probably the absolute best thing you can do to stay healthy.
    Correction. Endorphins, baby.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020
    Here is Comrade Fow Chee praising the work of Trump and the Covid Committee

https://youtu.be/hyqSnWnNuEE
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited October 2020
    150,000,000 being pushed into “extreme poverty” due to Government lockdowns

It’s a Good day for @HHusky and his coronabros

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/virus-could-push-150-million-people-extreme-poverty
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fauci needs to disclose his COIs every time he promotes policy or shits on existing treatment options....
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    When Trump isn’t rage-Tweeting he’s really funny. Playing “fingers” is going into my rotation when I’m out and see people manhandling their useless masks.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WA Covid total positives is 4.51% but with some limited data.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
    Standard Supporter
    Last night on the local Portland news, they made a big deal of the six "new" deaths and hitting 600. No mention of who is dying. Why are the schools closed?

OHA Marks 600 COVID-19 Related Deaths
    “Today we surpassed 600 reported COVID-19 deaths, marking an unhappy milestone for all Oregonians. At OHA we note each COVID-19 related death with great sadness,” said OHA Director Patrick Allen. “Our thoughts go out to the families and loved ones of those we have lost.”

“Each death is a reminder to the rest of us of the severity and danger of COVID-19. Each of us has our own reasons why we take individual COVID-19 prevention steps like wearing a mask, keeping physically distant, and avoiding gatherings, but for most of us, we take these actions to protect our families, friends and neighbors. OHA sends its condolences to every Oregonian who has lost someone to COVID-19.”

Oregon’s 600th COVID-19 death is an 83-year-old man in Yamhill County who tested positive on Sept. 21 and died on Oct. 5 in his residence. Presence of underlying conditions is being confirmed.

Oregon’s 601st COVID-19 death is an 89-year-old man in Multnomah County who tested positive on Sept. 30 and died on Oct. 12 at Adventis Health Portland. He had underlying conditions.

Oregon’s 602nd COVID-19 death is a 75-year-old woman in Marion County who tested positive on Oct. 1 and died on Oct. 9 in her residence. She had underlying conditions.

Oregon’s 603rd COVID-19 death is a 90-year-old man in Clackamas County who tested positive on Oct. 10 and died on Oct. 11. Place of death is being confirmed. He had underlying conditions.

Oregon’s 604th COVID-19 death is a 91-year-old man in Malheur County who tested positive on Sept. 7 and died on Sept. 18 in his residence. He had underlying conditions.

Oregon’s 605th COVID-19 death is an 81-year-old woman in Multnomah County who tested positive on Oct. 1 and died on Oct. 10 at Providence Portland Medical Center. She had underlying conditions.