Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://newsmax.com/us/virus-outbreak/2022/01/25/id/1053981/

So do we now call the vaccinated "anti Vax"?

he COVID-19 booster drive in the U.S. is losing steam, worrying health experts who have pleaded with Americans to get an extra shot to shore up their protection against the highly contagious omicron variant.

Just 40% of fully vaccinated Americans have received a booster dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And the average number of booster shots dispensed per day in the U.S. has plummeted from a peak of 1 million in early December to about 490,000 as of last week.

Also, a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that Americans are more likely to see the initial vaccinations — rather than a booster — as essential.

“It’s clear that the booster effort is falling short,” said Jason Schwartz, a vaccine policy expert at Yale University.

Overall, the U.S. vaccination campaign has been sluggish. More than 13 months after it began, just 63% of Americans, or 210 million people, are fully vaccinated with the initial rounds of shots. Mandates that could raise those numbers have been hobbled by legal challenges.

The proud 47%
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,477
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    Founders Club
    37%, but still.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    hardhat said:

Seattle will be masking its children in 2024, and shitlibs will claim it's to protect them. Cook it.

Seattle is a very dumb city that believes it's incredibly smart.

Killer combination.

And despite being fast-tracked to shit-hole status, most of its sheep are still smiling.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Your media and fear

https://newsmax.com/thewire/monkey-sick-virus/2022/01/26/id/1054132/

A woman who is believed to have fallen ill after a close encounter with an escaped monkey has insisted she is "not sick" and is concerned that people think she has "a monkey virus" after her story about the incident blew up in the media.

Speaking with the Daily Item, Michele Fallon dismissed media reports about her health, stating that she had received rabies shots and antibiotics as a precautionary measure.

"I want people to know I am not sick regardless of what they are reading that has been put out there in the media," she told the outlet, explaining that she had been exposed to people who had tested positive with COVID-19 at a birthday party on Friday night, which could explain why she experienced flu-like symptoms after the incident with the monkey, which took place hours earlier.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Your media and fear

https://newsmax.com/thewire/monkey-sick-virus/2022/01/26/id/1054132/

A woman who is believed to have fallen ill after a close encounter with an escaped monkey has insisted she is "not sick" and is concerned that people think she has "a monkey virus" after her story about the incident blew up in the media.

Speaking with the Daily Item, Michele Fallon dismissed media reports about her health, stating that she had received rabies shots and antibiotics as a precautionary measure.

"I want people to know I am not sick regardless of what they are reading that has been put out there in the media," she told the outlet, explaining that she had been exposed to people who had tested positive with COVID-19 at a birthday party on Friday night, which could explain why she experienced flu-like symptoms after the incident with the monkey, which took place hours earlier.

Assuring people you only have covid, it really must be over
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,292
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    My daughters entire preschool class has recently now tested positive with the exception of my daughter and one other kid that also got Delta in the fall. At least two of them were vaccinated too, I only know that because their parents were quite proud of that decision.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

https://newsmax.com/us/virus-outbreak/2022/01/25/id/1053981/

So do we now call the vaccinated "anti Vax"?

he COVID-19 booster drive in the U.S. is losing steam, worrying health experts who have pleaded with Americans to get an extra shot to shore up their protection against the highly contagious omicron variant.

Just 40% of fully vaccinated Americans have received a booster dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And the average number of booster shots dispensed per day in the U.S. has plummeted from a peak of 1 million in early December to about 490,000 as of last week.

Also, a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that Americans are more likely to see the initial vaccinations — rather than a booster — as essential.

“It’s clear that the booster effort is falling short,” said Jason Schwartz, a vaccine policy expert at Yale University.

Overall, the U.S. vaccination campaign has been sluggish. More than 13 months after it began, just 63% of Americans, or 210 million people, are fully vaccinated with the initial rounds of shots. Mandates that could raise those numbers have been hobbled by legal challenges.

The proud 47%

The vaxx spike protein DOES NOT target the O. If it did Pfizer would not be working on a vaxx specific to the O. This is so F’ed up. Israel’s deaths and hospitalizations will outpace last year. The most vaxxed country in the World.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Update: As of Jan 20, 2022, Biden officially beats Trump's Covid Death count by 47k deaths in his first year at the helm.

Damn. That's called Talent and Leadership, Democrat Style.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

My daughters entire preschool class has recently now tested positive with the exception of my daughter and one other kid that also got Delta in the fall. At least two of them were vaccinated too, I only know that because their parents were quite proud of that decision.

How did they get the jab for their under-5 children? Any doctor doing that should be sued for malpractice and have their license pulled.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,292
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

How did they get the jab for their under-5 children? Any doctor doing that should be sued for malpractice and have their license pulled.
    There are a few 5 year olds in the class.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Defiant CDC Ls

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

Defiant CDC Ls

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,477