Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,384
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know what full blown AIDS is because I check out the recruiting bored but WTF is full blown HIV?
    @chuck
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

2.3 Million people in King County.

We're doomed.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Go figure. Masks that are worthless to protect children who are at less risk for the chicom crud than the flu aren't good for children. Phucking leftards who tell me that they actually care about the kids.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

AND NOT FOR THE BETTER: Masks Are Changing How Kids Interact.

With all the things to worry about in 2021, it hadn’t occurred to me to fret about the social impact that masks might have on my son; I’d been so relieved that his public elementary school, in San Francisco, would require them. But here we were. Huxley couldn’t tell his new classmates apart; he had trouble hearing them; he wasn’t sure whether they could hear him; and he became especially disoriented around lunchtime, he said, because that was when all the kids took their masks off. Suddenly they looked like entirely new people. Normally he’s pretty good at making friends, but the confusion was giving him anxiety.

“Even for adults, it is difficult to recognize faces in masks,” says Changhong Liu, a psychologist at Bournemouth University, in the U.K., who studies face recognition. People process faces holistically, he told me, taking in all the features in combination—which is impossible when some of those features are obstructed by a mask, or even sunglasses. And until about age 14, children are still developing their facial-recognition skills.

Some psychologists and educators worry that such impairment in facial processing can lead to a spate of challenges with socialization and communication.

If a mask-loving, San Francisco progressive can come around to the dangers of masks, anyone can
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    In King County, in the last 30 days, 64% of cases are in the under 39 crowd. 21% of the hospitalizations are associated in that group. 4% of the deaths in that group.

Same as it ever was even with vaccination. Young people aren’t dying. ~90% of the OVER 39 group is fully vaccinated in King County.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Haven’t listened to either, but going to. Already know which one will have better and more accurate information.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    Standard Supporter

Go figure. Masks that are worthless to protect children who are at less risk for the chicom crud than the flu aren't good for children. Phucking leftards who tell me that they actually care about the kids.

With all the things to worry about in 2021, it hadn’t occurred to me to fret about the social impact that masks might have on my son; I’d been so relieved that his public elementary school, in San Francisco, would require them. But here we were. Huxley couldn’t tell his new classmates apart; he had trouble hearing them; he wasn’t sure whether they could hear him; and he became especially disoriented around lunchtime, he said, because that was when all the kids took their masks off. Suddenly they looked like entirely new people. Normally he’s pretty good at making friends, but the confusion was giving him anxiety.

“Even for adults, it is difficult to recognize faces in masks,” says Changhong Liu, a psychologist at Bournemouth University, in the U.K., who studies face recognition. People process faces holistically, he told me, taking in all the features in combination—which is impossible when some of those features are obstructed by a mask, or even sunglasses. And until about age 14, children are still developing their facial-recognition skills.

Some psychologists and educators worry that such impairment in facial processing can lead to a spate of challenges with socialization and communication.

If a mask-loving, San Francisco progressive can come around to the dangers of masks, anyone can

Took the dog for a walk this morning. Many kids and moms walking to school. 80% wearing masks outdoors while walking to school.

SMH. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Even fucking Fauci says you don't need masks outside.

Can't wait for this Cult to be done.
    PMS Housewives for Trump? Geezus, who marries these cray crays.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2021

Took the dog for a walk this morning. Many kids and moms walking to school. 80% wearing masks outdoors while walking to school.

SMH. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Even fucking Fauci says you don't need masks outside.

I'm closest to a private school, where most of these kids go, where the playground adults all wear masks outside, but the kids don't. So, why on the sidewalk on the way to school?

Conformity is key at the private schools, I suppose. And nobody wants their seat yanked for being a trouble-maker, I'm guessing.

But broadcasting their stupidity and ignorance doesn't say much for their clique, I must say.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Gupta admitting it was a bad move by CNN to call Ivermectin a horse dewormer.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gupta sounds like a rat trying to jump ship and get in front of the narrative blowback
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Gupta admitting it was a bad move by CNN to call Ivermectin a horse dewormer.

Sanjay says he will talk to CNN about horse dewormer framing. Hasn’t yet though.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    alumni94 said:

That was well-played right there. Nicely done.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

@alumni94 you need to get new and better service plus you pay too much
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@BearsWiin
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

I would RT if I could
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club