Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

I’m still alive. Played 9 by myself yesterday, didn’t get within 60 feet of anyone. It is possible Jay. Greens were a bit rough with all of the needles on them from the recent storms.

Nice! Better than being in a divot? Removable obstruction if you have some hand sanitizer in your bag or some disposable gloves.

PS That we put up with this in public parks which were designed with small kids in mind shows how phucked up we are as a society.
    Woke progressives tell me it's compassionate to let people live in the parks and shoot up there. And how dare you invoke privilege and mention small kids. It's just what they tell me.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

I’m still alive. Played 9 by myself yesterday, didn’t get within 60 feet of anyone. It is possible Jay. Greens were a bit rough with all of the needles on them from the recent storms.

Nice! Better than being in a divot? Removable obstruction if you have some hand sanitizer in your bag or some disposable gloves.

PS That we put up with this in public parks which were designed with small kids in mind shows how phucked up we are as a society.
    The shitbags wouldn't cap their needles. They are shitbags.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Healthy 38 year old E WA county employee succumbed to the jab last Tuesday to keep his job.

Died 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Massive oxygen depletion caused multi-system organ failure.

His son just turned 5 years old.

Fuck you, Vaccine Nazis.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Went on vacation this last week to America. I spent most of my time actively tracking down @Swaye in trailer parks across Northern Virginia. Went with some family, some of who are covid bros, mostly wore their masks indoors, and were virtually the only ones. It lasted about a day or two before they never pulled them out again.

The lunacy of masks, as I'll note again here, has been discussed at length. Restaurants are the first example, but planes are the next.

As long as there are exceptions for food and drink, I don't really know what the point is. Well I do know what the point is but the point wasn't lost on me. Flight attendants going down the aisle, handing out food and drinks to everyone on the plane at once. Literal sections of the plane, almost the whole plane, unmasked eating, drinking for minutes. If you brought food or drink on the plane, you are basically absolved from the rules.

Now back in Seattle and I miss America. Literally people didn't care and it was fantastic.

Aside from the fact that airplanes have constantly circulating air...so unless some little snot machine sitting next to you is hogging the arm rest and sneezing in your face, wtf?!?

You should move to Greater Idaho, @huskyhooligan. Freedom is glorious.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Go figure - Fow Chee and the teacher union hate kids. 'Staggering' Doubling of Type 2 Diabetes in Kids During Pandemic.

http://ace.mu.nu/

I just covered this, but the CDC has a new study out confirming the same finding: childhood obesity has been rising for a long time, but it really accelerated during the Years of Imprisonment during lockdown mania.

A new study ties the COVID-19 pandemic to an "alarming" increase in obesity in U.S. children and teenagers.
    Childhood obesity has been increasing for decades, but the new work suggests an acceleration last year -- especially in those who already were obese when the pandemic started.

The results signal a "profound increase in weight gain for kids" and are "substantial and alarming," said one of the study's authors, Dr. Alyson Goodman of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It's also a sign of a vicious cycle. The pandemic appears to be worsening the nation's longstanding obesity epidemic, and obesity can put people at risk for more severe illness after coronavirus infection.

You do notice, don't you, that exercise can make people more resilient to covid, but the government and CDC never want to talk about that, because that would require you leave your homes periodically?

The CDC on Thursday released the study, which is the largest yet to look at obesity trends during the pandemic.

It found:

--An estimated 22% of children and teens were obese last August, up from 19% a year earlier.

--Before the pandemic, children who were a healthy weight were gaining an average of 3.4 pounds a year. That rose to 5.4 pounds during the pandemic.

--For kids who were moderately obese, expected weight gain rose from 6.5 pounds a year before the pandemic to 12 pounds after the pandemic began.

--For severely obese kids, expected annual weight gain went from 8.8 pounds to 14.6 pounds.

The rate of obesity increased most dramatically in kids ages 6 to 11, who are more dependent on their parents and may have been more affected when schools suspended in-person classes, the researchers said.

You don't say.

You. Don't. Say.

Oh well, at least we kept the nation's most precious resource -- the teachers -- safe and sitting on their asses at home. Or in Aruba.

And obesity, and even just normal overweight-ness, really increases the chances of getting a serious or even deadly case of covid. 78% of those who died from covid were obese or just overweight.

The obesity rate is 42%, and I guess the % who are overweight but not obese would add another, what, 20%? So the 78% figure isn't as startling as it first seems, but carrying extra pounds does elevate risks of death from covid. It's a major reason why the relatively young would die from it.

A more recent study, out this past August, re-confirms that.

The government really should be advising Americans to get some GAINZZZ. But they won't, because 1, the obese have a lobby and that lobby is leftwing and therefore "counts" in the government's eyes, and 2, because they don't want people going to gyms or to parks or to the beaches.

They want them sitting at home consuming Netflix and ordering bullshit off Amazon.

Only the Sophisticated, Vaccinated Crowds can go outside. Only the Unmasked Elite may go dancing at Obama's birthday bash and pose on the red carpet the Met Gala.

The Russia outlet RT.com discusses this issue; Lord knows you won't find many American ones disputing Lord God Emperor Fauci.

[T]he evidence is overwhelming that obesity is associated, more than any other factor besides age, with poor outcomes in Covid-19 patients. Data from around the world has demonstrated and quantified that truth since the first half of 2020, relatively early in the pandemic. Medical leaders in positions of authority and influence, most significantly Anthony Fauci, publicly recognized this fact as soon as it became clear, which leads to an important question. Why have those same medical leaders said virtually nothing about obesity in the last 18 months?

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Went on vacation this last week to America. I spent most of my time actively tracking down @Swaye in trailer parks across Northern Virginia. Went with some family, some of who are covid bros, mostly wore their masks indoors, and were virtually the only ones. It lasted about a day or two before they never pulled them out again.

The lunacy of masks, as I'll note again here, has been discussed at length. Restaurants are the first example, but planes are the next.

As long as there are exceptions for food and drink, I don't really know what the point is. Well I do know what the point is but the point wasn't lost on me. Flight attendants going down the aisle, handing out food and drinks to everyone on the plane at once. Literal sections of the plane, almost the whole plane, unmasked eating, drinking for minutes. If you brought food or drink on the plane, you are basically absolved from the rules.

Now back in Seattle and I miss America. Literally people didn't care and it was fantastic.

Got excited about flying again - it does not pay to be a slow reader
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Australia and New Zealand really need to go fuck themselves.

Fucking Nazis intercepting and confiscating food?

What next, turn off their water?